PDA

View Full Version : Is this a message we should start promoting

lucynuts
04-04-2008, 12:20 PM
I have always considered myself a conservative but I guess that isn't a requirement for Republicans anymore. At the base of it all the only thing I really care about this election is a fiscally conservative view point and since the beginning of this presidential bid Ron Paul has been the only candidate to talk about the 53 trillion dollar hole we are in. A lot of hardcore neo-cons also think that we are crazy anti war liberals but that is not the case either I think a lot of us agree that war is sometimes necessary especially when it is declared as it should be as stated by the constitution. Furthermore I think the message we should start to send is the one Reagan gave in a commercial, you know the one with the bear, we don't know if the bear exists or not, we don't know whether the threat is real or not but we should always be prepared. Well I think we should start spending more on military defense and less on military offense so when the day comes we are prepared as a nation. A lot has changed since Reagan the Russians are back in power and now China has become a mega power of the world. Just the other day there was a report on CNN that said the pentagon mistakenly shipped a nuclear warhead to Taiwan and then they had an expert on telling us how they would check to see if Taiwan tried to reverse engineer it, it's almost as if they are trying to create a global conflict or we just have the dumbest idiots ever in government positions they should not be in. We need a non-interventionist foreign policy and at the same time we need to keep ourselves protected by a strong military defense. By keeping occupations in the middle east and in many other places in the world we are becoming weaker as a nation economically and militarily. It really is a long message and hard to get out in a 30 second clip but this is exactly what we need.

here is the youtube link of the Reagan commercial with the bear.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=NpwdcmjBgNA