PDA

View Full Version : No Global Warming Since 1998 As Planet Cools Off

m72mc
04-04-2008, 08:57 AM
http://prisonplanet.com/articles/april2008/040408_cools_off.htm

excerpt, for full article, use the link

Ron is correct again, more studies needed. No carbon tax needed.

No Global Warming Since 1998 As Planet Cools Off
UN scientists admit that natural weather occurrences more powerful than CO2 emissions

Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet
Friday, April 4, 2008
| StumbleUpon

Top UN scientists have been forced to admit that natural weather occurrences are having a far greater effect on climate change than CO2 emissions as a continued cooling trend means there has been no global warming since 1998.

But despite overwhelming signs of global cooling - China's coldest winter for 100 years and record snow levels across Northeast America - allied with temperature records showing a decline - global warming advocates still cling to the notion that the world is cooling because of global warming!

"Global temperatures will drop slightly this year as a result of the cooling effect of the La Nina current in the Pacific, UN meteorologists have said," reports the BBC.

"The World Meteorological Organization's secretary-general, Michel Jarraud, told the BBC it was likely that La Nina would continue into the summer."

"This would mean global temperatures have not risen since 1998, prompting some to question climate change theory."

The report admits that La Nina and its counterpart, El Nino, are "two great natural Pacific currents whose effects are so huge they resonate round the world."

(Article continues below)

Wait a minute.

According to man-made global warming advocates, CO2 emissions are the main driver of climate change and natural weather patterns caused by sun activity and other native contributors play second fiddle.

But here we have UN climate scientists admitting that natural climate change contributors have eclipsed the effect of CO2 emissions for the past 10 years, even as carbon belchers like China and India have increased CO2 output at record levels!

Global temperatures have remained reasonably flat since a decline in 1998 and cooling trends are now being observed despite the fact that carbon dioxide levels have increased in the atmosphere (see graph below).

gb13
04-04-2008, 09:46 AM
interesting

bucfish
04-04-2008, 09:55 AM
Global Warming is simply Fearmongering courtesy of the United Nations. They have so long craved to Tax the American People. Even Obama has proposed Legislation to give the Anti-American United Nations more of OUR MONEY.

Do those Obama supporters just listen to his speech instead of Looking at his Record?

ItsTime
04-04-2008, 10:25 AM
You can already hear the change or propaganda. more and more "scientist" and people brainwashed by "global warming" have abandoned the phrase "global warming" and are now suing "climate change". What is climate change? Climate change is any weather. "Some years it will be warmer and some years it will be cooler" "Some years there will be more snow, some years there will be less snow" And that "proves" climate change and global warming theories. :confused:

kpitcher
04-05-2008, 06:37 AM
I'm all for fact checking and love a good conspiracy theory.

However ice flows breaking off from the antartic (http://www.universetoday.com/2008/03/28/break-up-of-antarctic-ice-shelf/) to glaciers disappearing in the US, Greenland, the alps, and Kilamanjaro's snow peak about gone - all at markedly increased rates from last century - seems to be a simple enough evidence that things are warming up.

haigh
04-05-2008, 06:46 AM
You can already hear the change or propaganda. more and more "scientist" and people brainwashed by "global warming" have abandoned the phrase "global warming" and are now suing "climate change". What is climate change? Climate change is any weather. "Some years it will be warmer and some years it will be cooler" "Some years there will be more snow, some years there will be less snow" And that "proves" climate change and global warming theories. :confused:

On a recent edition of Cash Cab one of the questions associated this wording change of Warming to Change to Frank Luntz. Remember him? He's the Republican pollster who pumped anti-Paul smoke during the debates.

A little google searching gets this quote
"The phrase "global warming" should be abandoned in favor of "climate change", Mr Luntz says, and the party should describe its policies as "conservationist" instead of "environmentalist", because "most people" think environmentalists are "extremists" who indulge in "some pretty bizarre behavior.. that turns off many voters". "

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines03/0304-04.htm

FindLiberty
04-05-2008, 06:54 AM
Look to the receding Ice Caps on the planet Mars for your answer to global warming...

You will need a fairly good telescope to see it for your self if you don't trust the government
funded telescope photos.

I think it has more to do with the virgin shortage that hampers volcano god appeasement angle:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1386553#post1386553

freedom-maniac
04-05-2008, 07:01 AM
Climate change is any weather.

Weather is the temporary occurances of water, air, and sun causing things such as rain, snow, etc.

Climate is long term patterns of weather that rarely change. Geologicaly speaking, the times in Earth's history where their have been rapid climate change have always lead to mass extinctions. Granted some climates will change over time as natural, but we're seeing climate change occuring in decades, not millenia.

Before all of you start bashing Global Warming, pull your head out of the sand and think. FACTS are undeniable, and the FACTS are Earth is heating up.

When you start denying that anything is going on just because some quack scientist says so, you become no better than the countless sheeple who think Ron Paul is a Nazi just because Sean Hannity said so.

-Peace Out from an Environmentalist.

m72mc
04-05-2008, 07:47 AM
Weather is the temporary occurances of water, air, and sun causing things such as rain, snow, etc.

Climate is long term patterns of weather that rarely change. Geologicaly speaking, the times in Earth's history where their have been rapid climate change have always lead to mass extinctions. Granted some climates will change over time as natural, but we're seeing climate change occuring in decades, not millenia.

Before all of you start bashing Global Warming, pull your head out of the sand and think. FACTS are undeniable, and the FACTS are Earth is heating up.

When you start denying that anything is going on just because some quack scientist says so, you become no better than the countless sheeple who think Ron Paul is a Nazi just because Sean Hannity said so.

here is a fact.

The whole solar system warms and cools in cycles due to the activity on the sun. It can easily be measured and also observed by the number of sunspots.

here is another fact. There is no consensus among scientists that co2 emissions are the main reason for global warming. Thus a tax on breathing (co2) is redundant at this point.

Anyone who wantīs to save the environment should focus on something worthwhile, like stop polluting the world with depleted uranium and other toxic substances.

ICE HOUSE or HOT HOUSE?

During the last 2 billion years the Earth's climate has alternated between a frigid "Ice House", like today's world, and a steaming "Hot House", like the world of the dinosaurs.

This chart shows how global climate has changed through time.
http://www.scotese.com/climate.htm

haigh
04-05-2008, 07:55 AM
"Before all of you start bashing Global Warming, pull your head out of the sand and think. FACTS are undeniable, and the FACTS are Earth is heating up."

Thanks to global warming the last ice-age receded and made the Northeast United States a reasonable place to live.

Heating up and cooling down is Normal.

AJ Antimony
04-05-2008, 11:04 AM

You know, you could own everyone in this thread if you were the one to actually provide facts for your argument.

But you didn't. I don't think you did because I believe there isn't any evidence at all to suggest mankind, by CO2 emissions, are causing the planet to get warmer. As Aaron Russo said "Show me the law" regarding the income tax, I say "Show me the proof that global warming is man made."

BTW I often joke about that 6 billion people emit CO2 into the atmosphere 24/7 and that because of this, global warming activists will soon be asking people to stop breathing.

Kotin
04-05-2008, 11:24 AM
haha yeah, maybe i would believe in global warming if every solution didnt include a tax or an infringement on my freedom.

anyone who thinks global warming as they describe it to us is real is a tool.

G-Wohl
04-05-2008, 11:36 AM
The fact is that humans should be doing as absolutely much as possible to make sure they don't have an unnatural effect on the earth's climate cycles. I think the facts are in that global warming is a naturally-occurring phenomenon of the Earth (and that human activity does little to alter these events), but this doesn't mean that we as consumers should allow the same wasteful and harmful uses of our natural resources. I mean, I'd still like to not have our resources diminished, and I'd still like to have a healthy, clean environment to live in. Wouldn't we all? If not, try living in China for a week and tell me you wouldn't hate living in a place where smog covers the blue skies above 24/7, and where you get winded much easier because the heavy pollution on the ground severely limits your ability to breath.

It's entirely fair to question the scientific factuality of studies and claims, but we should all still be reasonable about this - there are reasons that we as consumers should be advocating for energy-efficient (TRULY efficient, not hybrid cars or ethanol) products, simply so that our quality of life doesn't hit rock-bottom like it has for the Chinese. Just because we reject the claims doesn't mean we shouldn't favor pushing for energy-efficient alternatives in the marketplace. Of course, no government intervention should take place - that's a given.

ItsTime
04-05-2008, 12:02 PM
In 1974 "facts" said the earth was cooling and there was an ice age that should be happening right about now. :eek:

nbhadja
04-05-2008, 12:06 PM

However ice flows breaking off from the antartic (http://www.universetoday.com/2008/03/28/break-up-of-antarctic-ice-shelf/) to glaciers disappearing in the US, Greenland, the alps, and Kilamanjaro's snow peak about gone - all at markedly increased rates from last century - seems to be a simple enough evidence that things are warming up.

I bet you don't know that the Antarctic ice core has actually grown in size. Or about how polar bear numbers have actually increased.
The media will continuously leave out "the other side" as the great RP says.

Carole
04-05-2008, 12:40 PM
How about that.

Things warm up and things cool down. Fact of life, fact of nature. It happens about every 3600 years. Could be in tandem with the Planet X (10th planet) whose highly elliptical orbit brings it much closer. Elliptical orbits happen. No orbit is a perfect sphere and as the moon also affects our weather and other natural phenomena when it is closer, so do other things.

When I was a child we had huge snows several winters. Then less in other years.

Climate change is natural. We cannot really alter it.

Carole
04-05-2008, 12:44 PM
I am going to use a word I never use.

F%#(&@^% you Frank. :eek: :mad:

That felt good. :) :D

Carole
04-05-2008, 12:49 PM
Here is a fact.

Photosynthesis formula

6H2O + 6CO2 + light → C6H12O6 (glucose) + 6O2

water + carbon dioxide + sunlight --->
carbohydrate + water + oxygen +

Now what is so bad about that? And exactly where would we and the plants be without it? Plants through transpiration also give off more H20.

CO2 is critical to life people!!! Plants need CO2 and people need the carbohydrates, water and oxygen that result from photosynthesis.

m72mc
04-05-2008, 12:58 PM
Here is a fact.

Photosynthesis formula

6CO2 + 12H2O + sunlight ---> 6O 2 + C6 H12O 6 + 6H2 O

Now what is so bad about that? And exactly where would we and the plants be without it? Plants through transpiration also give off more H20.

CO2 is critical to life people!!! Plants need CO2 and people need the water and oxygen that result from photosynthesis.

yeah..thatīs what is so stupid about the carbon tax. If they gonna tax something, how about something that is NOT necessary to life AND is TOXIC.

Carole
04-05-2008, 01:10 PM
"Before all of you start bashing Global Warming, pull your head out of the sand and think. FACTS are undeniable, and the FACTS are Earth is heating up."

Thanks to global warming the last ice-age receded and made the Northeast United States a reasonable place to live.

Heating up and cooling down is Normal.

Before you accept what "our great leaders" try to shove down our throats, only because they see it as a means to yet another of their ends, research more for yourself and stop listening to politicians who can manipulate any figures to their advantage.

You will find that the jury is still out and there are plenty of scientists who can be found on both sides of "there is climate" issue. Matter of fact, I believe there is "climate". I have witnessed it all my life.

Maybe you should consider how these wars are affecting the environment and place some of the blame directly where it belongs. And maybe place some blame with industry and the corporate world who have their own agendas.

We could have been finished with oil fifty years ago or more I feel certain. Tesla's work could probably prove that. Even Von Braun probably knew it.

This century has seen the slowest possible development of alternative energy which we should now be taken for granted. Instead it has been suppressed. Follow the money and politics.

Carole
04-05-2008, 01:15 PM
Well said.

And exactly to whose advantage has it been that we have stagnated this entire century in developing alternative energy.

Since it would likely be free or cost little, I can think of only certain segments of political and corporate world who benefit directly or indirectly from NOT having alternative energy.

Wonder who that might be. Always Washington and the corporate world will fight for any way to tax the people and bleed the people for their own greed.

Banana
04-05-2008, 01:25 PM
Does anybody have a rebut to that bit about Al Gore showing how the CO2 output in last 100 years significantly exceeded even the high level recorded in 10K years and will continue to increase?

m72mc
04-05-2008, 01:34 PM
Does anybody have a rebut to that bit about Al Gore showing how the CO2 output in last 100 years significantly exceeded even the high level recorded in 10K years and will continue to increase?

His hockeystick graph ? yeah he used the data wrong...

actually if I remember correct there was a court order in the UK, forbidding his bogus film to be shown in a school without corrections to be shown...
Itīs numerous errors in his movie...it donīt hold water...

maybe I have time to search for it....

edit: hope this was it

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2007/10/09/court-identifies-eleven-inaccuracies-al-gore-s-inconvenient-truth

Banana
04-05-2008, 01:53 PM
Thanks.

This is interesting stuff, and if those are all true, this seem to be damning- I wonder why it wasn't sufficiently debunked in American media...

aravoth
04-05-2008, 03:32 PM

Yes.

Here is what causes global warming.......

Item 1.

There is something happening to the Heliosphere that solar physicists don't fully understand. Large gaps are open and closing like clockwork allowing for supercharged particles to enter the solar system, they are not sure why, but current evidence shows that it may be having an effect on solar output.

Item 2.

Solar output is flucuating, dramatically. Most likely due to Item 1. Even during a solar minimum we recorded the largest Solar Flare ever witnessed by humanity, at a time when the Sun was supposed to be going into a minimum. Interestingly, 30 minutes after the burst, a large storm began to take shape in the atlantic, which later became Hurricane Katrina.

This is also why we are seeing warming on all planets and moons across the solar system.

Item 3.

There is a measurable decrease in the range and frequency of the Earths Magnetosphere. Again, we are not sure why, but evidence shows that it has to do with the rate at which the molten core of the Earth rotates. There is evidence suggesting the Earth has decreased the electrical conductivity from the Ionoshpere to the Core, causing it to have a polarity thus forcing it to spin, and as a result, creating the Magnetosphere. The magnetosphere is what protects us from Solar Radiation. From Solar Flares, from any large burst of cosmic particles speeding thier way through the solar system. The stronger the feild the more protected you are, the lower the tempeture. The weaker, just the opposite.

Item 4.

Increased Solar activity warms the planet, heat, speeds up the rate of decay. Carbon-based life outputs CO2 as a byproduct of decay. In short when a dead thing decomposes, it jettisons CO2. What on Earth is Carbon based? Everything. Plants, insects, animals, and fish. Literally everything. With the exception of microbial extremophiles.

Summary.

Something is happening to the Heliosphere (the protective magnetic feild our sun produces that ecompases the entire solar syatem), which is most likely having an effect on solar output, causing it to behave eratically. As the Sun increases output harmful rays are battering our weakend magnetic feild, allowing more and more charged particles get through, making the the tempeture increase. When the Tempeture increases, the rate of decay speeds up, when the rate of decay speeds up, the CO2 levels rise.

Or to put it another way, Human caused global warming is bullshit. There is no such thing as a consensus in Science, there is data. Thats it.

There is alot more going on than Al Gore would ever tell you. Knowlege is power as they say. And imposing a carbon tax will destroy entire economies, and tie the third world into poverty forever. And becuase This is all part of a cycle within nature and completly out of our control. One day, the Earth will go back to what it was before the industrial revolution. But the leaders will say the Earth was saved due to the carbon tax and enviornmental regulations. And the people will aggree, becuase they don't know any better.

See, the people will see the effect. There will be a tax, emissions will lower, and eventually, we'll be all back to what everyone remembers. It's won't happen because of the new laws they will write, It'll happen becuase that is what nature does. This is what leaders have done since the beginning of time. Ever see that movie "Apocolyto"? Great analogy, it depicts the Mayans who had calanders, tons of them, that could predict all sorts of Celestial events. They would tell the people they were being punished because some god was pissed at them, and the only way to stop it was to sacrifice 100 virgins(or anyone really). Then there would be a sign from the Gods and everything woulod be normal again. They'd have the sacrifice on the same day they knew an eclipse was about to happen. So, families offered up thier daughters, they were killed, there was a solar eclipse, and all was better, the population was kept under control, because the Preists had a direct line to god. What they didn't realize was that an eclipse is completely natural, and had nothing to do with thier suffering. The same is true of Climate change.

BTW I'm at work, and I don't feel like pointing anyone to the research that they probably should have done on thier own anyway. But you can certainly find it on your own if you like.

AzNsOuLjAh27
04-05-2008, 03:35 PM
The Earth will continue warming and cooling, its called the sun cycle

AJ Antimony
04-05-2008, 05:14 PM
Here is a fact.

Photosynthesis formula

6H2O + 6CO2 + light → C6H12O6 (glucose) + 6O2

CO2 is critical to life people!!! Plants need CO2 and people need the carbohydrates, water and oxygen that result from photosynthesis.

Chemistry for the win!

m72mc
04-05-2008, 05:39 PM
Thanks.

This is interesting stuff, and if those are all true, this seem to be damning- I wonder why it wasn't sufficiently debunked in American media...

maybe this is why... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVmk3lUYdPA

Thank god Ron position is this...

Paul opposes the Kyoto treaty and a carbon tax. He is also critical of the Environmental Protection Agency. "It's a bureaucratic, intrusive approach and it favors those who have political connections

Ofc, we all care about the environment, so then Ronīs solution makes sense

the key to sound environmental policy is respect for private property rights

Andrew-Austin
04-05-2008, 06:06 PM
Does anyone know a site where I can read about the various possible effects of a carbon tax.

m72mc
04-05-2008, 06:26 PM
Does anyone know a site where I can read about the various possible effects of a carbon tax.

everything will get more expensive.....

found this...maybe itīs something for you about the economic effects...
http://globalclimate.epri.com/briefs/0110727.pdf

Pistis
04-06-2008, 02:08 AM

Nope, glaciers are growing around the world (http://www.iceagenow.com/Growing_Glaciers.htm):

12 Jan 06: Fifty of New Zealand's glaciers are growing
8 Nov 06: Antarctic Ice Sheet Growing – Sea Levels Falling
25 Jun 07: Mount St. Helens’ Crater Glacier Advancing Three Feet Per Day
17 Jul 07: Alaskan glaciers advance one-third of a mile in less than a year
16 Jan 08: Ice returns as Greenland temperatures plummet
4 Feb 08: It appears Arctic ice isn't vanishing after all
19 Feb 08: Most snow cover since 1966
...and so on