PDA

View Full Version : Would you vote for Bob Barr?

123tim
04-04-2008, 07:06 AM
Just a hypothetical question.

Bob Barr.....Would you vote for him?

I'm one of those who said that they would vote for Ron Paul no matter what.

Now there is a chance that Ron Paul might endorse Bob Barr.
Who is this man? Is he someone like Ron Paul?

I've never come across a politician who had anything close to the moral character that Ron Paul has. Never. I almost rebel at the idea that there might be someone else to vote for if Ron Paul isn't on the ballot this November.

Is this part of the revolution?
Is an endorsement by Ron Paul a signal that we should consider this man?

I know that Ron Paul has talked about fixing the Republican Party. Personally, (unless it gets saturated by Ron Paul Republicans) I think that it's dead. However, I think that there are too many "satellite" parties floating around out there as the Democratic party seems to grow stronger. I don't want to become part of this weak, voiceless mix. At the same time I've come to resent every thing that my party (Republican) supposedly stands for.

Just wondering what some of the rest of you are thinking.

porcupine
04-04-2008, 11:59 AM
I would vote for him.

Bob Barr was a Republican from the class of '94 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_House_of_Representatives_elections%2 C_1994). He did vote for the PATRIOT ACT but then came out against it a year later and voted against the renewal, saying his original vote had been a mistake. He left Congress and has been active in the Libertarian Party since.

brianewart
04-04-2008, 08:14 PM
I'll vote for him

yongrel
04-04-2008, 09:17 PM
no

JosephTheLibertarian
04-05-2008, 02:02 AM
I would vote for him provided that RP loses and he wins the LP nomination. Sure. I have to back my guy. Might not agree with him 100% but I think he's good enough imo to be the President. I'm not sure what writing in RP will do as you can't win by write ins. If you can win that way, then I think it would be a good thing to explore...but I would still not want the LP to have an embarrassing turnout. So I'm going to have to go LP if RP loses

RedLightning
04-05-2008, 02:15 AM
I would vote for him provided that RP loses and he wins the LP nomination.

Same here. No one's as good as Ron Paul though.

kirkblitz
04-05-2008, 02:16 AM
yes because my state doesnt allow write in votes.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
04-05-2008, 05:43 AM
Now there is a chance that Ron Paul might endorse Bob Barr.

That's the only way it could happen, for me.

tajitj
04-05-2008, 09:13 AM
I say we continue with the delegate grabbing. When Barr announces his run, we get a MONEY BOMB together for him. All state delegates who get screwed out of fair discussion and consideration should all make a big statement about vowing to support Barr. At the national convention we do all we can to get Dr. Paul elected. If it doesnot happen, same thing.
Hopefully Dr. Paul endorsed Barr and we all turn our attention to getting him votes come this fall.

Paul or not at all
04-07-2008, 06:09 PM
http://www.freewebs.com/bobbarrmoneybomb/

i already made one lol

mdmarino
04-07-2008, 06:32 PM
I'll certainly consider it if there's no option to vote for RP.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
04-07-2008, 06:41 PM
I say we continue with the delegate grabbing. When Barr announces his run, we get a MONEY BOMB together for him. All state delegates who get screwed out of fair discussion and consideration should all make a big statement about vowing to support Barr.

Let's see Barr reconcile his past, first. It won't be easy for him, nor should it be.

Conza88
04-07-2008, 06:43 PM
http://www.freewebs.com/bobbarrmoneybomb/

i already made one lol

Need to change your name?

- Tbh: I wouldn't, I'd change the mentality of voting for anyone but RP. :D
But hey, thats just me ;)

familydog
04-07-2008, 07:16 PM
I would only consider voting for him if he was endorsed by Ron Paul. If Ron Paul doesn't endorse anyone, I'm writing him in.

nate895
04-07-2008, 07:24 PM
I would only consider voting for him if he was endorsed by Ron Paul. If Ron Paul doesn't endorse anyone, I'm writing him in.

That is a stupid idea. What we need to do is sabotage McCain. Giving Bob Barr a money and support base will be essential to making sure a liberty candidate can come through in 2012 and save the country from war and debt. Giving Bob Barr $30,000,000 will give him enough of a name in order to take 10-15% of the vote, maybe even get into the debates.

LiveFree79
04-07-2008, 08:47 PM
I don't understand if RP really wants to be President why doesn' the just run as a pseudo libertarian and when he gets into office readopt his Republican views. Why not? Desparate times call for desparate measures.

nate895
04-07-2008, 08:56 PM
I don't understand if RP really wants to be President why doesn' the just run as a pseudo libertarian and when he gets into office readopt his Republican views. Why not? Desparate times call for desparate measures.

He doesn't want it that much. Otherwise he would have spent the necessary time to win the early states, but instead he barely ventured there. If he would have spent 60 days in Iowa and had 100+ town halls in New Hampshire, the news media would be saying today "Presumptive GOP nominee Ron Paul rakes in cash while Democrats bicker."

familydog
04-07-2008, 08:59 PM
That is a stupid idea. What we need to do is sabotage McCain. Giving Bob Barr a money and support base will be essential to making sure a liberty candidate can come through in 2012 and save the country from war and debt. Giving Bob Barr $30,000,000 will give him enough of a name in order to take 10-15% of the vote, maybe even get into the debates.

I disagree with your assement, and I respect your opinion enough not to call it stupid. Mis-informed? Ill-advised? Yeah, that sounds better. You may trust Bob Barr, but I don't. I've been spoiled by Ron Paul and his impeccable voting record. Unfortunately, Barr's record is not as spotless. I greatly trust Ron Paul, which is my main motivating factor in my support for him. Thus, if Ron Paul trusts Barr enough to endorse him, I'll reconsider my opinion on him. Until then, I stand by my statement.

nate895
04-07-2008, 09:06 PM
I disagree with your assement, and I respect your opinion enough not to call it stupid. Mis-informed? Ill-advised? Yeah, that sounds better. You may trust Bob Barr, but I don't. I've been spoiled by Ron Paul and his impeccable voting record. Unfortunately, Barr's record is not as spotless. I greatly trust Ron Paul, which is my main motivating factor in my support for him. Thus, if Ron Paul trusts Barr enough to endorse him, I'll reconsider my opinion on him. Until then, I stand by my statement.

I didn't say Bob Barr should be the next President, just that he should sabotage McCain.

Paul or not at all
04-10-2008, 07:20 PM
I didn't say Bob Barr should be the next President, just that he should sabotage McCain.

I dont really trust any politician(except ron paul) but Bob Barr is alot better than McCain or Obama.

I like what Nate said about getting a third party canidiate in the debates. (make it interesting)