PDA

View Full Version : Donate Ron Paul's Books To Your Local Library

ItsTime
04-03-2008, 06:14 PM
Has this been discussed? This should be done.

Jeremy
04-03-2008, 06:21 PM
Ya, people mention it a lot (including me). But don't go crazy and donate it to people you don't know because then it might look like you're a part of a cult =O

But ya... libraries love donations... I think. I'm not a reader :p

TruthAtLast
04-03-2008, 06:23 PM
But don't go crazy and donate it to people you don't know because then it might look like you're a part of a cult

Like donating a bible? ;)

DeadtoSin
04-03-2008, 06:26 PM

Yeah, I'm glad the atheist/agnostic/secular humanist groups don't have anything resembling a collection of beliefs in the form of a book, it'd be rammed down everyones throat far more than a Bible ever could aspire to.

amy31416
04-03-2008, 06:29 PM
Just remember that we have to find out how and where to get specially library-bound versions.

Jeremy
04-03-2008, 06:30 PM
Yeah, I'm glad the atheist/agnostic/secular humanist groups don't have anything resembling a collection of beliefs in the form of a book, it'd be rammed down everyones throat far more than a Bible ever could aspire to.

There was this one movie (that's like 3 years old now) that that happened with actually... well the arguments were awful in it (far too simple and useless), so I'm guessing that's why it didn't get very far. But now I'm off topic =D

And no, not the Bible or well known (obviously) things like that. I'm talking about things you have no idea about. It would be weird. You get a Bible or something... or even something from Atheism or some other religion... and you already know the point. But political books... going around and giving them out to people you don't know... just sounds strange.

Jeremy
04-03-2008, 06:31 PM
Just remember that we have to find out how and where to get specially library-bound versions.

Um... what's that? :o

*goes into a library once a year*

ItsTime
04-03-2008, 06:50 PM
greg has Ron Pauls cell number right? It shouldnt be hard haha jk!

I did not know they had such things I dont go to the library much with gas prices its cheaper to buy the books online :eek:

RSLudlum
04-03-2008, 07:46 PM

LOL....One in every Hotel room!!! :D

Luft97
04-03-2008, 07:52 PM
Talked about it in an old thread for the Foriegn Policy of Freedom.

derdy
04-04-2008, 01:08 AM
If you don't have the money to buy then donate the boook you can always go and request the book if they don't have it and they will purchase it. It's your tax dollars after all ;)

Eric21ND
04-04-2008, 01:54 AM
We should get them sent out to hotels....just like they do with the bible. Maybe we can even include a Freedom to Fascism DVD in the back of the book. :)

amy31416
04-04-2008, 05:21 AM
Um... what's that? :o

*goes into a library once a year*

Ha. Libraries were my part-time babysitters...

Anyways, if you ever do get your hands on a library book, you'll notice that the binding is a bit different, as is the cover--both designed stronger to last with more use. The spine is stronger, and also, the book opens flatter, to make photocopying easier. Even with paperbacks, the covers are stiffer.

What I don't know is if libraries themselves do this, or if the publishers do. I've assumed that it is the publishers, but I could be wrong.

DirtMcGirt
04-25-2008, 11:54 PM
http://www.librarysites.info/

Just to keep us on track to send out "The Revolution a Manifesto" to public libraries.
make sure the libraries take donated books!!!