PDA

View Full Version : The Ron Paul Moment Has Only Begun

Phantom
04-03-2008, 06:03 PM
The Ron Paul Moment Has Only Begun (http://www.lewrockwell.com/woods/woods87.html)

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/icons/icon14.gif

DeadtoSin
04-03-2008, 06:06 PM
This book will change minds. Of that I am absolutely certain. That’s why our chief task right now is getting it into people’s hands.

This is the next major grassroots mission: thinking up creative ways to distribute this book, in the process making it an unavoidable part of current-day political discourse. Nothing would be more satisfying than to disrupt the lead-up to the establishment’s November bore-a-thon with – gasp – a discussion of things that actually matter, aimed at the non-catatonic segment of the population.

In the short run, buy copies for yourself and your friends. Of course, lending the book also works, but actually buying them copies serves two useful purposes: 1) boosting Ron Paul’s bestseller status (dare we hope for a debut at #1?) and 2) guilting your friends into actually reading it, since they know you put down your own money on it.

Well, I was looking for my next major task. Looks like I'm buying about 10 copies of Ron Paul's book to start off with then...

Jeremy
04-03-2008, 06:11 PM
As far as the book goes, I'd like to say something that people bring up a lot: We can't be handing it out to strangers. I haven't seen people suggesting this... but it would make you like like a cult member. I think donating one to your local library is a good idea though.

DeadtoSin
04-03-2008, 06:12 PM
I think it would be a good idea to hand out the books to your friends and family. My whole church really feels disenfranchised right now, and I think a book to some of my fellow church members would do a world of good.

Jeremy
04-03-2008, 06:23 PM
I think it would be a good idea to hand out the books to your friends and family. My whole church really feels disenfranchised right now, and I think a book to some of my fellow church members would do a world of good.

I don't know how it is at your church, but some churches ask that people don't talk politics and stuff during / in the church.

DeadtoSin
04-03-2008, 06:24 PM
I didn't say I was going to stand up during the sermon and hand out books. However, I do have a personal relationship with my friends from church OUTSIDE of church. As my close friends, I am allowed to talk about politics with them...

In any case, the preaching is not political, but before and after the sermons we do occasionally talk about politics.

AJ Antimony
04-03-2008, 06:30 PM
I can't wait to read it!

m72mc
04-03-2008, 06:35 PM
nice article. I liked this quote from the book

Ours is not a fated existence, for nowhere is our destiny etched in stone. In the final analysis, the last line of defense of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves. If the people want to be free, if they want to lift themselves out from underneath a state apparatus that threatens their liberties, squanders their resources on needless wars, destroys the value of their dollar, and spews forth endless propaganda about how indispensable it is and how lost we would all be without it, there is no force that can stop them.

MRoCkEd
04-03-2008, 06:39 PM
booooooook bomb

soapmistress
04-03-2008, 07:07 PM
lol that he actually said "creepy propaganda"

freedom-maniac
04-03-2008, 07:32 PM
I like the dedication.

tangent4ronpaul
04-03-2008, 07:55 PM
Well, if Paul really wants to get the message out, the shareware approach works. That is you make it available online and if they like what they read, ask them to send in a donation.

Most people, if they really like a book will buy a hardcopy of it, but you have to convince them they really want it first - and try before you buy does that.

This is obviously only something Paul could do and even then, the publishing contract may bar it - but we could push something like it with extracts in web page side bars w/ a link to Amazon or .sigs the same way.

Authors traditionally promote their books by book readings and Q&A session in bookstores around the country. Paul is too busy to do this, but maybe we could do it for him?

Unfortunatly Booknotes (C-SPAN) is no longer being produced, but Book-TV is! We could all e-mail or call in asking for him be be featured and I bet they would do it.

http://www.booktv.org/
Booktv@c-span.org
Front Desk: (202) 737-3220
Viewer Information Line: (765) 464-3080

-n

wgadget
04-03-2008, 08:07 PM
I don't know how it is at your church, but some churches ask that people don't talk politics and stuff during / in the church.

I'm going to donate one to my church library.

Also, to the GOP library (where they try to hawk books during conventions). LOL.

AdamT
04-03-2008, 09:31 PM
These would be good to send to national delegates.

wd4freedom
04-03-2008, 10:01 PM
These would be good to send to national delegates.

Send a copy to your congressional representative, autographed by you, a Ron Paul supporter.:)

wgadget
04-03-2008, 10:13 PM
Then my congressional representative could have Ron Paul himself autograph it, if he's lucky.

Paul Revered
04-03-2008, 10:15 PM
Bump

CMoore
04-03-2008, 10:17 PM

In fact some churches see political involvement as a ministry itself. One of the things our church has done from time to time is to let each member know who their state representatives in Montgomery are. They are encouraged to contact their representatives about legislation of interest to them and to vote. They are not told how to vote, just to be sure and do it. Our congregation is politically diverse, but we believe it is important to be politically involved.