PDA

View Full Version : North Carolina GOP omitting Ron Paul from Website & Claiming Mccain Sealed Nomination

Magicman
04-03-2008, 04:30 PM
NORTH CAROLINA GOP OMITS RON PAUL ON PARTY WEBSITE

Make sure to be ready to explain why Mccain hasn't wrapped the nomination and expect them to hang the phone up on you as well.

Look at this list of candidates on the NC Republican Party web
site... Somebody is missing under "President"

Please spread this around and let’s flood the NC GOP Headquarters
with phone calls on this!

http://www.ncgop.org/home/candidates.asp

Here's the phone number:

Zera
04-03-2008, 04:31 PM
I hope the grassroots in NC are getting ready for their conventions!

runningdiz
04-03-2008, 04:35 PM
Why does it matter. He is on the ticket its just a stupid website nobody goes to. WHy dont you call the PA GOP as well. Only Mccain is listed there... http://www.pagop.org/

Magicman
04-03-2008, 04:36 PM
http://www.mdgop.org/

Hes not on Maryland as well

nate895
04-03-2008, 04:37 PM
They've all silenced him.

kirkblitz
04-03-2008, 04:45 PM
scgop never even had him period.

Magicman
04-03-2008, 05:05 PM
Here's what they wrote but they are wrong that Mccain has sealed the nomination with enough delegates. If anyone can correct them phone them or email them.

Dear Sir or Madam,

You are receiving this email because you have alerted us about Dr. Ron Paul failing to be listed as a candidate for President on our website. This is because John McCain has been awarded the requisite amount of delegates to become the Republican Party’s nominee for President. This is in no way a slight at Dr. Paul or his supporters. Ron Paul has served in the Republican Party for many years and his contributions are recognized and appreciated. Dr. Paul will be on the North Carolina ballot on May 6 and those so inclined will have the opportunity to cast their vote for him. It is simply recognition that the nomination contest has been decided and it is time to start working toward the general election in November. Our job is to help elect Republicans and now that we know who will be on the ballot in November, we are working to support our party’s nominee. Though I understand you may be disappointed by the outcome of the nomination process, I hope we can still work together to elect Republicans in the fall. Thank you for your interest in the North Carolina Republican Party.

Regards,

Brent Woodcox

Communications Director

North Carolina Republican Party

kirkblitz
04-03-2008, 05:15 PM
f you brent, win mccain dies before november and paul is elected we will make sure your party gets jack shit

smithtg
04-03-2008, 08:06 PM
Here's what they wrote but they are wrong that Mccain has sealed the nomination with enough delegates. If anyone can correct them phone them or email them.

Dear Sir or Madam,

You are receiving this email because you have alerted us about Dr. Ron Paul failing to be listed as a candidate for President on our website. This is because John McCain has been awarded the requisite amount of delegates to become the Republican Party’s nominee for President. This is in no way a slight at Dr. Paul or his supporters. Ron Paul has served in the Republican Party for many years and his contributions are recognized and appreciated. Dr. Paul will be on the North Carolina ballot on May 6 and those so inclined will have the opportunity to cast their vote for him. It is simply recognition that the nomination contest has been decided and it is time to start working toward the general election in November. Our job is to help elect Republicans and now that we know who will be on the ballot in November, we are working to support our party’s nominee. Though I understand you may be disappointed by the outcome of the nomination process, I hope we can still work together to elect Republicans in the fall. Thank you for your interest in the North Carolina Republican Party.

Regards,

Brent Woodcox

Communications Director

North Carolina Republican Party

guess what

I got the exact same email....

im thinking about referring him to the greenpapers.com website and reminding him of mccains FEC mess - lets rally behind that! whatever!

nc4rp
04-03-2008, 08:16 PM
Luckily we do have a few R.P. Republicans here running for congress and local elections, plus alot of county delegates. Makes me proud there are some good people here.

Highland
04-03-2008, 08:29 PM
I hope the grassroots in NC are getting ready for their conventions!

Oh yeah we are ready...armed to the teeth with truth and RP delegates are waiting in the wings! Haywood county elected 8 out of their 10 delegates for RP....Macon has many too. We are really strong for RP in WNC! We infiltrated our Rep. GOP and we are ready to do political battle. Only RP signs are still out.

Sandra
04-03-2008, 08:35 PM
Let them know you will contact the RNC about their attempt to deliberately mislead the public. I did when the LAGOP pulled a similar stunt and they posted content that was required by the RNC. But I did have to file a complaint through the RNC.

d03boy
04-03-2008, 08:40 PM
Never count your eggs before they've hatched.

qh4dotcom
04-03-2008, 09:14 PM
I wouldn't even waste my time with this as ncgop.org is an insignificant website with very little visitors.

According to Alexa.com ncgop.org has a ranking of 2,012,987 which means there are 2,012,986 websites on the entire internet that get more visitors than they do

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details/ncgop.org?q=

Compare that to ronpaulforums.com (ranking of 9,377) and ronpaul2008.com (ranking of 8,256)

Zera
04-03-2008, 09:21 PM
Oh yeah we are ready...armed to the teeth with truth and RP delegates are waiting in the wings! Haywood county elected 8 out of their 10 delegates for RP....Macon has many too. We are really strong for RP in WNC! We infiltrated our Rep. GOP and we are ready to do political battle. Only RP signs are still out.

so, all the conventions in your state have been held?

Damn it, things like this worry me. Only big success stories I have heard have been from Missouri, Texas, Nevada, and some from Alaska.

Highland
04-03-2008, 09:53 PM

Damn it, things like this worry me. Only big success stories I have heard have been from Missouri, Texas, Nevada, and some from Alaska.

Not all...but some have.

MozoVote
04-03-2008, 10:31 PM

The success of NC Paulites will depend on our ability to bridge the gaps with the party regulars.

We need to remember that they're not all "neocons". Many of them have local priorities... getting funding for courts and police, roads built, etc. The presidential race isn't where their heads are... N.C. has held late primaries for so long they don't even bother to think about it.

GunnyFreedom
04-03-2008, 10:51 PM
The 2nd Congressional District convention is coming up on the 28th.

RP people opening cans of whoop on these conventions here...dunno why Zera would be upset just because our major successes are simply less reported...

I know I have reported major successes for RP from both my precinct and county conventions here in NC right on these very boards. What else do we need to do, take out full page ads in the NY Times?

Paul Revered
04-03-2008, 11:05 PM
NORTH CAROLINA GOP OMITS RON PAUL ON PARTY WEBSITE

Make sure to be ready to explain why Mccain hasn't wrapped the nomination and expect them to hang the phone up on you as well.

Look at this list of candidates on the NC Republican Party web
site... Somebody is missing under "President"

Please spread this around and let’s flood the NC GOP Headquarters
with phone calls on this!

http://www.ncgop.org/home/candidates.asp

Here's the phone number:

I posted this on MySpace.

speciallyblend
04-04-2008, 07:20 AM
i asked if the republican convention was cancelled ,she seemed confused ,so i asked why wasnt ron paul on the website, we already heard about that click.. so much for nc republicans that party will die. either way the republicans are dead in the water with mccain

Roxi
04-04-2008, 08:17 AM
missouri has done the same thing, and when i called to complain she basically said, mccain won, there are no rules to make us put RP on there, so too bad

the logic they are using to not add him on there is rediculous, i wonder what the campaign thinks about this and if they can file some sort of official bias complaint or something

CopperheadNC
04-04-2008, 08:30 AM
The NC GOP is for the most part a lost cause. These are some anti-freedom people down here, folks.

Michael Munger says it best:

“The Democrats in North Carolina are what the Republicans usually are, and the Republicans are the Taliban,” Munger said, with characteristic brashness. “They look to scripture to decide what their positions should be.”

- From the Winston-Salem journal

sluggo
04-04-2008, 08:41 AM
I'm staying in the party, and I hope every Ron Paul supporter in the state does, too.

We have to change the party by becoming the party.

Join The Paul Side
04-04-2008, 11:41 AM
North Carolina GOP omitting Ron Paul from Website & Claiming Mccain Sealed Nomination

I think this is a good thing. It will allow more McCain supporters to think it's over and stay home so while our people become delegates. :)

rancher89
04-04-2008, 12:21 PM
LOL, you may be right!

Join The Paul Side
04-05-2008, 03:57 AM
LOL, you may be right!

I know I'm right. :rolleyes:

speciallyblend
04-05-2008, 10:53 AM
as a republican, my membership is hanging by a thread. the gop is truly clueless on how bad the party has gotten. oo well c'est la vie