PDA

View Full Version : OMG they now have Laura Bush Begging for $ to GOP

bucfish
04-03-2008, 01:31 PM
Dear ,

I have an important personal favor to ask.

Last month, President Bush wrote you about the outstanding work the Republican National Committee (RNC) is doing to help our candidates at all levels build strong, effective campaigns.

The President also asked for your support in helping the RNC meet its budget goal of $27.8 million.

The RNC must reach this total to provide all our candidates the research, polling data, volunteer training, target voter lists, and direct financial assistance they need to win.

These campaign services are crucial to help GOP candidates counter the hundreds of millions of dollars left-wing special interests will spend to try to elect a liberal Democrat president and Congress. The Democrats' liberal allies have pledged to amass more than $500 million to defeat Republicans.

In 2000 and 2004, George faced a similar onslaught of attacks by special interest groups. The early resources you provided the RNC were vital to answering them and led to victory. We are committed to making certain the men and women representing our Party in 2008 get the same kind of help.

Republican victories this November begin with GOP grassroots leaders like you, Mark.

Please help keep our Party moving toward electing Republicans from the courthouse to the White House by making an urgent online contribution of $1,000, $500, $100, $50, or $25 to the RNC today to meet their fundraising target.

Your continued support is indispensable to our Party's success on Election Day and to sustaining George through this final year of his Presidency.

The President will fight to overcome every effort the Democrats make to push his agenda to the backburner. He's already won vital victories on the budget, the fight against terror, and on holding the line on taxes.

He has made it clear that his Administration will continue working to expand the economy, create more jobs, reduce the deficit, remain on the offensive against the enemies of freedom, and advance our country's security.

These tasks will not be easy. The highly partisan liberal Democrats leading the Congress have shown little desire to work with the President on solutions to the challenges facing America.

If Republicans are to keep our conservative agenda moving forward and stop the Democrats' bid for complete control of Washington, then you and I and every GOP grassroots leader must do everything we can to elect a new Republican president and Congress.

I hope our Party can count on you today to make a special 2008 online campaign contribution of $1,000, $500, $100, $50, or $25 to help the Republican National Committee reach its budget goal.

Mark, George and I are grateful for your special friendship throughout his campaigns and Presidency. As we continue to count on you, our candidates this year are relying on your enthusiastic support as well. Please help the RNC as generously as you can. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Laura Bush

Laura Bush

P.S. Mark, the Republican National Committee needs your support now to reach its budget goal and stay on track to win this November. Please make a special 2008 online campaign contribution of $1,000, $500, $100, $50, or $25 to the RNC today to ensure our candidates have the campaign tools they need to win. Thank you.

Contributions or gifts to the Republican National Committee are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes.

Republican National Committee | 310 First Street, SE | Washington, D.C. 20003
p: 202.863.8500 | f: 202.863.8820 | e: info@gop.com

Paid for by the Republican National Committee.
310 First Street, SE - Washington, D.C. 20003 - (202) 863-8500
www.gop.com
Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.

Unsubscribe

Copyright 2008 Republican National Committee

acptulsa
04-03-2008, 01:34 PM
Let the top five percent do it. The neocons haven't done jack for anyone else, after all.

jason43
04-03-2008, 01:39 PM
Maybe they should put Ron Paul in charge, he seems to be doing alright with money...

bucfish
04-03-2008, 01:43 PM
It would be a very cold day in HELL before I gave the Current GOP $$$. With such a liberal Democrat McCain as their presumptive nominee. I just wish I was able to be a delegate.

Mortikhi
04-03-2008, 01:45 PM
"hundreds of millions of dollars left-wing special interests"

vs.

trillions of dollars right-wing wars

bucfish
04-03-2008, 01:46 PM
"hundreds of millions of dollars left-wing special interests"

vs.

trillions of dollars right-wing wars
Good point Mortikhi!

angelatc
04-03-2008, 01:47 PM
I swear those people are so out of touch with the common man it is not fathomable to us mere mortals.

bucfish
04-03-2008, 01:52 PM
Yeah they think we drink beer and watch Football, While I do the latter I care about putting food on the table and While I used to be able to make over a 100g's now I struggle to make 40g's.

JaylieWoW
04-03-2008, 04:24 PM
Actually the constant stating "our party" this and "our party" that filled me with the urge to release projectile vomit.

Pardon me please...

Nirvikalpa
04-03-2008, 04:31 PM
If Republicans are to keep our conservative agenda moving forward and stop the Democrats' bid for complete control of Washington, then you and I and every GOP grassroots leader must do everything we can to elect a new Republican president and Congress.

That really irked me... a lot.

Original_Intent
04-03-2008, 04:37 PM
I got a phone solicitation from the GOP a few days ago, and they held the old "I am sure you understand the danger of one of the Democrats winning the presidency this fall..."

I said, "After the way the GOP treated Ron Paul. there is no way I will ever support the GOP until they start nominating candidates that reflect my values, and if that means a democrat wins the White House then so be it." - and hung up on her.

bucfish
04-03-2008, 04:49 PM
Nice The GOP sould Stand for something and that something is exactly what RP stands for

nate895
04-03-2008, 04:52 PM
My family will start to give our annual $25 again when they have more Ron Paul people representing the party.

Mesogen
04-03-2008, 05:20 PM
The GOP is not hurting.
http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/03/26/politics/horserace/entry3970037.shtml