PDA

View Full Version : what going on with the Reno Presidential forum???

remaxjon
08-20-2007, 08:17 AM
I havn't heard anything?

Wyurm
08-20-2007, 08:24 AM
me neither

Marshall
08-20-2007, 08:26 AM
None of the candidates are showing up, so they're having other speakers instead.

0zzy
08-20-2007, 08:27 AM
None of the candidates are showing up, so they're having other speakers instead.

wtf? :[ this was going to be Ron Paul's time to shine!

Dustancostine
08-20-2007, 08:33 AM
Link?

UtahApocalypse
08-20-2007, 10:17 AM
Yes, no one wanted to go. they were all afraid at the ass whooping RP could hand them. Ron Paul campaign decided to skip it since no one would come.

slantedview
08-20-2007, 10:25 AM
Yes, no one wanted to go. they were all afraid at the ass whooping RP could hand them. Ron Paul campaign decided to skip it since no one would come.

UtahApocalypse, like Ron Paul, speaks the truth.

lapi7
08-20-2007, 10:39 AM

Basically correct!

I contacted UNR, The Brookings institute and RP HQ.
After getting the run around from them UNR, Brookings said that the event was formally "ON" but that none of the invited candidates responded to the invite.
So they will have the event without the candidates and have invited special speakers instead.

As UtahApocalypse stated...the three other candidates were frightened of losing ground to Dr. Paul so opted for the coward’s way out. Had they accepted the invite Dr. Paul would have been there as well.

These traitors certainly have no problem with a FOX news debate where THEY (the 'top tier' candidates) will get all the questions they need to attempt to catapult themselves with 30 second sound bites that make them look like heroes...but a four man forum where broader, lengthier and full blown answers by ALL four attendants televised nationally by ABC would be catastrophic for Rudy, Mittens and McCain against the likes of Dr. Paul.

JS4Pat
08-20-2007, 10:44 AM
Ron Paul should be showing up at these events regardless of whether or not the other candidates show.

It will further highlight how his candidacy is different from the rest.

jj111
08-20-2007, 10:44 AM
I predicted from the first time I saw notice of the debate, that it was too good to be true. There would have been a terrible political strategy for any of the others except for RP to accept that invitation.

jj111
08-20-2007, 10:45 AM
Ron Paul should be showing up at these events regardless of whether or not the other candidates show.

How big would the audience be??? If it was small, it wouldn't be worth his time. And maybe the hosts never gave him the chance to have the stage alone since the others all cancelled, maybe they cancelled the debate. It's pretty common to cancel a debate when nobody accepts except for one.

lapi7
08-20-2007, 10:52 AM

Sorry to disagree but it would be of no benifit to Dr. Paul simply because there would be no audience or media coverage of the event whatsoever.

Dr. Paul would receive a better response and bigger audience if he stumped a campaign speech in an Arbys restroom in toad suck, Ark.

(BTW it's a real town!)

wecandoit
08-20-2007, 12:04 PM
Sorry to disagree but it would be of no benifit to Dr. Paul simply because there would be no audience or media coverage of the event whatsoever.

Dr. Paul would receive a better response and bigger audience if he stumped a campaign speech in an Arbys restroom in toad suck, Ark.

(BTW it's a real town!)

And it's an event held in Conway, Ar. Paul might not do too bad if he showed up at Toad Suck Daze