PDA

View Full Version : Video Showing What Has to be Done at Conventions

Magicman
04-03-2008, 01:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/v/Y1QP4KXt9Oo&hl

Ron Paul grassroots organizer and supporter, Aaron Walker, delivered an address at the Tarrant County Senate District 10 Senatorial District Convention on Saturday, March 29, 2008. His speech was in support of Jeremy Blosser's nomination as the Senatorial Convention Permanent Chairman. The first 30 seconds or so of the speech were not recorded.

AdamT
04-03-2008, 01:37 PM
OMG I love it!!!!!

OptionsTrader
04-03-2008, 01:46 PM
!&*%ing loved it.

wgadget
04-03-2008, 01:55 PM
Wow!

Brown Sapper
04-03-2008, 02:10 PM
F-ing awesome. What convention is that?

TXcarlosTX
04-03-2008, 02:12 PM
i got chills when he said " this is the grand old party"

Nate SY
04-03-2008, 02:38 PM
Epic speech. Thanks for posting it.

rockandrollsouls
04-03-2008, 02:53 PM
this was empowering. i wish i could have seen everyones reaction

spacehabitats
04-03-2008, 03:02 PM
Good stuff.

Jeremy
04-03-2008, 03:19 PM
perfect!

Bruno
04-03-2008, 04:25 PM
Great speech! I would have loved to see some of the McCain supporter's faces (are there McCain supporters?)

TruthAtLast
04-03-2008, 05:16 PM
[Ctrl-C] [Ctrl-V] all over the country.

smartguy911
04-03-2008, 05:19 PM
that was amazing.

lucynuts
04-03-2008, 05:28 PM
Just watched it. That was simply amazing, I think we just might change this country after all.

GunnyFreedom
04-03-2008, 06:39 PM
Great speech! I would have loved to see some of the McCain supporter's faces (are there McCain supporters?)

Well, we did have ONE McCain supporter at the NC Franklin County convention, who objected to the following resolution:

Illegal Alien Immigration

Whereas, our country is composed of a vast range of immigrants,

Whereas, this country and its citizens welcomes legal immigrants to the land of personal responsibility, freedom, assimilation, and opportunity,

Whereas, the citizens of the United States expect the laws of the land to be clear and enforced equally, including border enforcement, denial of services except those clearly defined by law, and punishment of employers who hire illegal alien immigrants,

Whereas, proposed legislation such as the McCain/Kennedy Amnesty Bill, have been rejected by the majority of the citizens,

This convention demands immediate construction of the border fence, enforcement of all provisions of 1986 and 1996 Federal law pertaining to personal responsibility and immigration, restricting scarce education, health care, family support, and other public services to persons legally in the United States.

...because he was a McCain supporter and he said it put John McCain in a bad light.

When he initially raised the objection, there was a motion to separate this resolution out from the larger slate of resolutions and debate it, but when the guy kept going off about John McCain, the other fellow withdrew that motion and forced a vote. the slate of resolutions then passed by a vote of 60 to 2.

:D :D :D

TruthAtLast
04-03-2008, 06:45 PM
the slate of resolutions then passed by a vote of 60 to 2.

music to my ears. :D

ninepointfive
04-03-2008, 06:48 PM
this is why we need to go in guns a blazin' so to speak. none of this covert BS!!

TruthAtLast
04-03-2008, 06:51 PM
this is why we need to go in guns a blazin' so to speak. none of this covert BS!!

it was a great speech. But out of curiosity, was Jeremy Blosser nominated? Meaning, did the speech work?

ninepointfive
04-03-2008, 07:30 PM
it was a great speech. But out of curiosity, was Jeremy Blosser nominated? Meaning, did the speech work?

I second the motion to hear these results!

Jeremy
04-03-2008, 09:39 PM
bump

Akus
04-03-2008, 09:42 PM
in for later

Conza88
04-03-2008, 10:38 PM
If only he knew it off by heart.

gb13
04-03-2008, 10:52 PM

Was he?

GREAT SPEECH btw!!

TruthAtLast
04-03-2008, 11:03 PM
If only he knew it off by heart.

i agree, it would have been that much more powerful. But still a great job.

AmericasLastHope
04-03-2008, 11:18 PM

Mr. Walker gave a great speech in support of Mr. Blosser. I did not attend this convention because I am a member of a different Senate District; however, it is my understanding that the Temporary Chair, GOP Insider, Stuart Lane sent out an e-mail (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=130662&highlight=blosser) smearing Mr. Blosser just before the Convention started, and Senator McCain called for all his supporters to show up and "stay until the end." I believe Mr. Blosser actually lost the vote as Permanent Chair by a margin of 2 to 1. :mad:

GunnyFreedom
04-03-2008, 11:39 PM
Mr. Walker gave a great speech in support of Mr. Blosser. I did not attend this convention because I am a member of a different Senate District; however, it is my understanding that the Temporary Chair, GOP Insider, Stuart Lane sent out an e-mail (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=130662&highlight=blosser) smearing Mr. Blosser just before the Convention started, and Senator McCain called for all his supporters to show up and "stay until the end." I believe Mr. Blosser actually lost the vote as Permanent Chair by a margin of 2 to 1. :mad:

And that's why we go in with all the covert BS. Yeah, I want to stand up and give an earth-shaking floor-stomping speech -- what's more I'm actually capable of it. But the time to do that is AFTER all the covert work is done, when it no longer matters.

Because when you come in with a frontal assault, sorry guys, but the Neocons have bigger guns right now. We can win the battle, but at the moment we have to do it by outflanking them in maneuver warfare.

Doesn't mean I exactly LIKE it though. :(

But we will do what we must do. The Revolution marches on ladies and gents!

TruthAtLast
04-03-2008, 11:49 PM
And that's why we go in with all the covert BS. Yeah, I want to stand up and give an earth-shaking floor-stomping speech -- what's more I'm actually capable of it. But the time to do that is AFTER all the covert work is done, when it no longer matters.

Because when you come in with a frontal assault, sorry guys, but the Neocons have bigger guns right now. We can win the battle, but at the moment we have to do it by outflanking them in maneuver warfare.

I love the speech but I have to agree with GunnyFreedom (this is why I asked the question). We have to out-think and out-strategize them. It is really the only effective way to succeed at this stage. Blosser got destroyed by 2 to 1. It has nothing to do with his character or his ability to do the job. But by openly proclaiming to be a Ron Paul supporter, we will face the full wrath and power of the opposition.

mavtek
04-04-2008, 12:06 AM
Yes it was a great shot across the bow, but ultimately it was not nearly as successful as our covert or at least mild mannered insurgencies.

AmericasLastHope
04-04-2008, 12:20 AM

Sir,

I cannot agree with you more. My Senate District is the "Reddest in the nation" (that is supposedly the most (Conservative) Republican district). That said, we decided not to go for the throat (as Mr. Blosser's district did). Given that I basically know what was going on, I can't fault Mr. Walker, or Mr. Blosser for what they did. They did what they had to do, and I salute them.

However, I must report that in my Senate District I witnessed huge successes. We got AT LEAST 42% of the delegates in as Ron Paul delegates, probably somewhere around the same number alternates, PLUS those who flew under the radar. We got all of this without a fight, sheer numbers, and brokering "behind the scenes deals."

I have friends in other counties in this state and they had the most success in Counties where they "flew under the radar." Given what we're up against I highly suggest that all of you learn from this and take the appropriate measures. Nonetheless, if any of you feel compelled to stand up against the establishment and give your all, I cannot hold it against you.

GIVE ME LIBERTY, OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!

GunnyFreedom
04-04-2008, 12:34 AM
Trust me ladies and gentlemen, the TIME WILL COME when we can and MUST go at them head-on. And that time will probably be during the primary cycle of 2012. But if we are going to create the kind of environment to be able to deliver the coup-de-grace that quickly, then we need to keep working throughout the next 4 years.

If we work our butts off between now and the 2012 primaries, giving this very effort TOP PRIORITY, then I guarantee you that we will have seized total control over the GOP by that time. We are working the GOP right now when people are naturally at their most active. Just think about it for a moment, think about how much easier it will be to wrest total control from the neo-cons in the OFF-years, like 2009, and 2011?

I say we keep on keeping on, make a MAJOR move in 2009 to take over control, then in 2010 we retrench and hold our ground, working the Ron Paul Congress project, and then in 2011 we make another MAJOR move and keep on pushing until we control the whole damn machine. Then, THEN we can put the whole party machine behind the next Liberty/Constitutionalist platform candidate (instead of in his way).

Nyte
04-04-2008, 07:33 AM
tagged for later.

robert4rp08
04-04-2008, 02:47 PM
wow... epic

ninepointfive
04-04-2008, 05:13 PM
Trust me ladies and gentlemen, the TIME WILL COME when we can and MUST go at them head-on. And that time will probably be during the primary cycle of 2012. But if we are going to create the kind of environment to be able to deliver the coup-de-grace that quickly, then we need to keep working throughout the next 4 years.

If we work our butts off between now and the 2012 primaries, giving this very effort TOP PRIORITY, then I guarantee you that we will have seized total control over the GOP by that time. We are working the GOP right now when people are naturally at their most active. Just think about it for a moment, think about how much easier it will be to wrest total control from the neo-cons in the OFF-years, like 2009, and 2011?

I say we keep on keeping on, make a MAJOR move in 2009 to take over control, then in 2010 we retrench and hold our ground, working the Ron Paul Congress project, and then in 2011 we make another MAJOR move and keep on pushing until we control the whole damn machine. Then, THEN we can put the whole party machine behind the next Liberty/Constitutionalist platform candidate (instead of in his way).

well damn. I'm the kind of person to show my support out in the open for all to see. I was also pretty persuasive at my precinct caucus.

Covert it is then with a 2:1 loss :-(

tbrambo
04-04-2008, 06:07 PM
Make sure you get all your old Ron Paul buddies back into the game. Tell all those fair weather fans they need to grow some balls and not give up!

jblosser
04-05-2008, 12:47 AM
With respect, most of you don't know what we were dealing with here and the few of you that do succeeded where you did partly because of what we did here.

We did not go in to this convention trying to take over because we were bored. We went in needing to remove the chair just to ensure some modicum of debate would be allowed. This is a district infamous for heavy-handedness, manipulation, you name it. We went for the chair because we had nothing to lose. At that point their directive was to assume any new face was a "Ron Paul Interloper" and shut them out. We had to come with more people than them and hope for support from the existing part of the party infrastructure that was opposed to them and in favor of fair play. Unfortunately in the end not enough of our people came and their scare tactics worked and we lost the vote. The room was closer than the final tally (around 600 to 1100); the votes were counted using a proportional voting system that ended up favoring them over us because they got a lot of kool-aid drinkers there. If anything the thing that hurt us the most (apart from some of our people not coming) was the news from Missouri's successes getting blown up all over the news and being used to scare the neocon faithful here that we were going to do the same thing. Understand that the last time someone tried to take down this chair, it was a party activist who had been working for years and knew a whole lot of people, and they got 33%. We managed slightly better on our attempt after less than a year of work.

Regardless, we stayed and kept calling them on the rule violations, though, and from the phone calls I've been getting and conversations I've been having we made a whole lot of friends in the old guard of the party. The fight here isn't over yet and I have no regrets of the accounting we made of ourselves or the progress we've made so far, and I don't doubt our ability to move this position forward rapidly.

I would never go back and redo the last 9 months playing it secret the whole way. This is not a campaign about deceit and sneaking through without getting caught, this is a campaign about no compromise and speaking Truth to Power. That is where our strength lies and that is where the victory will be found, even if we don't find it on the first pass.

For more info on what went on in our area, what we needed to do, the contrast between fair and unfair conventions, etc., here's a few interviews the campaign just did with us:
http://people.ronpaul2008.com/campaign-updates/2008/04/04/interviews-with-grassroots-leaders/