PDA

View Full Version : 5th Congressional District of Alabama

EndTheFed
04-03-2008, 11:25 AM
George Barry qualified for this office yesterday.

This office has been held for close to 20 years by Bud Cramer (D) who is retiring.

This is a strong possibility of republican pick up.

We met with him last night and I am VERY pleased with what I hear.

He is very Ron Paul in all areas I could find.

His website should be up in the next week or so.

One of his opponents has strong political ties and in the first week he announced (after Cramer announced his retirement) raised $170,000.00.

When web site gets up we will need chip in help if possible.

Here it is..

http://www.georgebarry.com

Please donate if you can... Thanks

***UPDATE***
Not hearing much from Wayne parker (the money guy) George is looking pretty good at this point but not much time to go.
Primary is June 3rd.

me3
04-03-2008, 02:43 PM
Where does he stand on monetary policy, the war, and the Constitution?

That's pretty much the big ones.

rockandrollsouls
04-03-2008, 02:50 PM
yes id like to know

yongrel
04-03-2008, 02:54 PM
What's he like on civil liberties?

TruthAtLast
04-03-2008, 02:57 PM
who are his opponents? Does he have a realistic shot at winning when you say they have already raised $170k?

EndTheFed
04-03-2008, 04:14 PM
Dang... I just wrote the best answer to these questions... i saved it and they were lost..
I'll write them again when I get home from work i'll write thenm in about 1/12 hours.

Sorry.

freedom-maniac
04-03-2008, 07:49 PM
A little off-topic to the main "Ron Paul Issues", but how's he stand on the environment?

EndTheFed
04-03-2008, 10:24 PM
George Barry on monetary policy: when he met with us, he said he's against the Fed, believes it is unconstitutional and that tax on labor is unconstitutional;

On the war; he said he feels the war is a mistake and we have to get out as soon as possible;

On the constitution, fully supports it and wants to bring it back to full strength and power; wants to scale back fed government and generally said the things we wanted to hear him say.

He is not a politician per se but a small business man, but he is conservative and voted for Ron Paul. He seems really sincere and we feel he is going to have an open door policy. He has said we can "educate" him on issues we feel he may need help in or more info on so his attitude is great.

None of the candidates here in the fifth district are "perfect" but we feel that George may be the best we have to run. He believes strongly in all issues of civil liberties and is for restoring them and he said he wants to only vote for things that are constitutional. Any issues he may be weak in we think we can get him up to speed on.

His opponents are Ray McKee (who we think is not going to show strongly due to he's a nice guy but kind of unelectable); Wayne Parker; and on the Democrat side Parker Griffith. In the republican primary Wayne Parker will be the one to beat because he has the name recognition but we don't like him. He ran in 1996 and 98 against Bud Cramer but lost both times so his name is kind of linked with losing but he is a locally well known figure and might be hard to beat. The real problem with Wayne Parker is he is the son-in-law of Bill Archer (the former head of the house ways and means committee) and his ties to the IMF and therefore to the world bank. So we would really rather not have him representing us in Washington.

Paul Revered
04-03-2008, 10:30 PM
George Barry qualified for this office yesterday.

This office has been held for close to 20 years by Bud Cramer (D) who is retiring.

This is a strong possibility of republican pick up.

We met with him last night and I am VERY pleased with what I hear.

He is very Ron Paul in all areas I could find.

His website should be up in the next week or so.

One of his opponents has strong political ties and in the first week he announced (after Cramer announced his retirement) raised $170,000.00.

When web site gets up we will need chip in help if possible.I posted this on MySpace.

TruthAtLast
04-03-2008, 10:43 PM
George Barry on monetary policy: when he met with us, he said he's against the Fed, believes it is unconstitutional and that tax on labor is unconstitutional;

On the war; he said he feels the war is a mistake and we have to get out as soon as possible;

On the constitution, fully supports it and wants to bring it back to full strength and power; wants to scale back fed government and generally said the things we wanted to hear him say.

He is not a politician per se but a small business man, but he is conservative and voted for Ron Paul. He seems really sincere and we feel he is going to have an open door policy. He has said we can "educate" him on issues we feel he may need help in or more info on so his attitude is great.

None of the candidates here in the fifth district are "perfect" but we feel that George may be the best we have to run. He believes strongly in all issues of civil liberties and is for restoring them and he said he wants to only vote for things that are constitutional. Any issues he may be weak in we think we can get him up to speed on.

His opponents are Ray McKee (who we think is not going to show strongly due to he's a nice guy but kind of unelectable); Wayne Parker; and on the Democrat side Parker Griffith. In the republican primary Wayne Parker will be the one to beat because he has the name recognition but we don't like him. He ran in 1996 and 98 against Bud Cramer but lost both times so his name is kind of linked with losing but he is a locally well known figure and might be hard to beat. The real problem with Wayne Parker is his son-in-law (the former head of the house ways and means committee) and his ties to the IMF and therefore to the world bank. So we would really rather not have him representing us in Washington.

Good to hear that he seems to be on the same page but does he have a strategy to win?

Can he raise money from the local community? I only ask because Ron Paul only endorses candidates that show they are electable within their community.
Is he liked or known in the community? If he isn't known, how does he plan to change that?
How does he plan to market himself and differentiate himself with Parker who will probably have a lot more money?
Is he a good public speaker? Can he inspire people?
Is he knowledgeable about issues enough to effectively debate his opponent?

You can beat someone with more money but it takes exceptional skill to do so. If you don't know the issues inside and out, are well versed in all sides, and have the ability to deliver those answers quickly and effectively, then it makes winning very difficult.

EndTheFed
04-04-2008, 07:42 AM
Wayne Parker (His strongest opponent) was on talk show this morning and seemed to be preceived as evasive and would not answer questions.
He said he had only been running 3 weeks and would have to look into these things.

He ran for this office twice before. If he was going to be politcally active he should be at least familiar with the issues.

EndTheFed
04-04-2008, 03:37 PM
bump

EndTheFed
04-18-2008, 11:24 PM
Bumpity bumpity

EndTheFed
04-28-2008, 11:44 AM
bump it here...

wgadget
04-28-2008, 11:56 AM
I have a simple question--Does he actually support Ron Paul, as in, did he vote for him?