PDA

View Full Version : just for fun.... Prison Vs. Work

Roxi
04-03-2008, 10:23 AM
Just in case you ever get these two environments mixed up, This should make things a little bit clearer.

@ PRISON
you spend the majority of your time in a 10X10 cell

@ WORK

you spend the majority of your time
in an 6X6 cubicle /office

@ PRISON
you get three meals a day fully paid for

@ WORK
you get a break for one meal and
you have to pay for it

@ PRISON
you get time off for good behavior

@ WORK
you get more work for
good behavior

@ PRISON
the guard locks and unlocks all the doors for you

@ WORK
you must often carry a security card
and open all the doors for yourself

@ PRISON
you can watch TV and play games
@ WORK
you could get fired for watching
TV and playing games

@ PRISON
you get your own toilet
@ WORK
you have to share the toilet with
some people who pee on the seat

@ PRISON
they allow your family and friends to visit
@ WORK
you aren't even supposed to speak
to your family

@ PRISON
all expenses are paid by the taxpayers with no work required
@ WORK
you get to pay all your expenses to go
to work, and they deduct taxes from
your salary to pay for prisoners

@ PRISON
you spend most of your life inside bars wanting to get out
@ WORK
you spend most of your time wanting
to get out and go inside bars

@ PRISON
you must deal with sadistic wardens
@ WORK
they are called managers

THERE IS SOMETHING SERIOUSLY WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE!!!!
Now get back to work. You're not getting paid to read forums

FreeTraveler
04-03-2008, 11:02 AM
Exactly why I opted out almost a year ago. Bought a camper and we'll be living off of savings until I decide how I want to earn my next dollar. The corporate world is an insane way to live; there has to be a better way. I'll let you know when I find it.

amy31416
04-03-2008, 11:05 AM
Exactly why I opted out almost a year ago. Bought a camper and we'll be living off of savings until I decide how I want to earn my next dollar. The corporate world is an insane way to live; there has to be a better way. I'll let you know when I find it.

I'd love to hear about your experiences so far. Do you have a blog or anything like that?

Kalifornia
04-03-2008, 11:05 AM
Yeah, at a club fed, prison life is alot like how my dog lives. He seems pretty happy.

Unfortunately, if you land in the wrong prison, you are also regularly assaulted by cops and other inmates, the accomodations are small dirty and uncomfortable, the food is terrible, and there are no women.

Ill stay on the outside, thanks.

OptionsTrader
04-03-2008, 11:12 AM
For the most part, prison for nonviolent offenders is a racket like war, socialized healthcare, foreign aid, the war on drugs, the war on terror, and any other big program that requires endless debt money to finance.

FreeTraveler
04-03-2008, 11:34 AM
I'd love to hear about your experiences so far. Do you have a blog or anything like that?

About two years ago, I decided that I'd just about had enough of corporate life. I went to the company prez and gave him two years notice. He hired a new IS Director pretty quickly so I'd have plenty of time to train him.

I started saving heavily, which wasn't hard for me. We were living on a sailboat at the time anyway, so I've never been into spending just to buy stuff.

We started researching RVs, decided on a fifth-wheel and a truck to pull it, sold everything else, and hit the road on "retirement" day. Now we travel around to visit friends and family and see the country.

Kalifornia
04-03-2008, 11:39 AM
About two years ago, I decided that I'd just about had enough of corporate life. I went to the company prez and gave him two years notice. He hired a new IS Director pretty quickly so I'd have plenty of time to train him.

I started saving heavily, which wasn't hard for me. We were living on a sailboat at the time anyway, so I've never been into spending just to buy stuff.

We started researching RVs, decided on a fifth-wheel and a truck to pull it, sold everything else, and hit the road on "retirement" day. Now we travel around to visit friends and family and see the country.

If you include depreciation on the truck and trailer (at some point they will have to be replaced), what would you say that your monthly expenses come to?

qh4dotcom
04-03-2008, 11:47 AM
Just in case you ever get these two environments mixed up, This should make things a little bit clearer.

@ PRISON
you spend the majority of your time in a 10X10 cell

@ WORK

you spend the majority of your time
in an 6X6 cubicle /office

@ PRISON
you get three meals a day fully paid for

@ WORK
you get a break for one meal and
you have to pay for it

@ PRISON
you get time off for good behavior

@ WORK
you get more work for
good behavior

@ PRISON
the guard locks and unlocks all the doors for you

@ WORK
you must often carry a security card
and open all the doors for yourself

@ PRISON
you can watch TV and play games
@ WORK
you could get fired for watching
TV and playing games

@ PRISON
you get your own toilet
@ WORK
you have to share the toilet with
some people who pee on the seat

@ PRISON
they allow your family and friends to visit
@ WORK
you aren't even supposed to speak
to your family

@ PRISON
you spend most of your life inside bars wanting to get out
@ WORK
you spend most of your time wanting
to get out and go inside bars

@ PRISON
you must deal with sadistic wardens
@ WORK
they are called managers

THERE IS SOMETHING SERIOUSLY WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE!!!!
Now get back to work. You're not getting paid to read forums

Doesn't apply if you work from home like I do....except for the expenses part

http://www.qh4.com/images/ronpauldollar.gif

FreeTraveler
04-03-2008, 12:00 PM
If you include depreciation on the truck and trailer (at some point they will have to be replaced), what would you say that your monthly expenses come to?

My experience and yours would probably vary greatly. I know people on the road who live on less than $500 a month. Others spend four or five times that amount. Travel miles have a huge impact in any given month. For us, moving costs about 35 cents a mile now, at current gas prices. That's at 12 MPG when towing.

Roxi
04-03-2008, 12:15 PM

that is really interesting... i met a guy in vegas who had bought a bus, and left the mainstream life.. him and his wife and 8 children (7 of whom were adopted from a third world country) traveled around the country in this bus... it was really awesome but most people would consider him crazy... i encouraged him to go to NH and join the free staters