View Full Version : South Dakota: A Full Slate of Delegates

Magicman
04-03-2008, 08:15 AM
http://www.dailypaul.com/node/44914

SD: Full Slate of Paul Delegates!
Posted April 3rd, 2008 by fanofwalt

Way to go, South Dakota!

Quick quote:

With an impressive turnout on behalf of Dr. Ron Paul, the 10-term Republican congressman running for president, we are prepared to send a full slate of delegates to the National Convention. Despite the glaring lack of media coverage and the assumption that the GOP nomination has been secured, the one true conservative in the presidential race has been given a voice in South Dakota.

acptulsa
04-03-2008, 08:28 AM
Wow. And you guys haven't even had your primary yet!

skyorbit
04-03-2008, 08:30 AM
Joli CAmpbell's great. She and I were the main people calling across the state to get people to the delegate conventions.

Now we just need to get at least 20% in the Primery in order to make sure that some of those Ron Paul Delegates get to go.

Tracy

acptulsa
04-03-2008, 08:33 AM
Joli CAmpbell's great. She and I were the main people calling across the state to get people to the delegate conventions.

Now we just need to get at least 20% in the Primery in order to make sure that some of those Ron Paul Delegates get to go.

Tracy

I strongly suspect the moved McCain made to get uranium pilings dumped on Navajo lands in Arizona would motivate the Lakota to get the vote out. Is that covered by Indian country news outlets? Would a reservation radio money bomb help you out at all? New Mexico is another state about to have a primary. Could you and they team up in producing something?

limequat
04-03-2008, 09:52 AM

Tracy

If you have a full slate, can't you just unbind yourselves?

nate895
04-03-2008, 12:20 PM
McCain has a full slate too, don't get your hopes too high.

acptulsa
04-03-2008, 12:21 PM
If you have a full slate, can't you just unbind yourselves?

They don't even know if they need to yet. They haven't had their primary popular vote.

nate895
04-03-2008, 12:28 PM
They don't even know if they need to yet. They haven't had their primary popular vote.

And that's where they get elected. If they get above 20%, at least some of the South Dakotans will get to go.

acroso
04-03-2008, 12:31 PM
how did you find this article? When I go to Daily Paul i only see through yesterdays date...but if i follow your link i get todays stuff?

Yom
04-03-2008, 05:36 PM
I want to hear "South Dakota casts its 27 votes for Ron Paul" come September. :D

Zera
04-03-2008, 05:58 PM
Whats SD's party rules? All unbound? Otherwise, if their national delegates have already been chosen, then I hope they passed resolutions to unbound the delegates in advance.

Acidlump
04-03-2008, 06:08 PM
The rules are delegates by vote count as long as you have 20%+ so say McCain 49% Paul 51 McCain would get 13 and Ron would get 14 All would be bound in the first round. As long as Ron Paul gets 20% I'll be there. I probably will go either way though.

Zera
04-03-2008, 06:14 PM
The rules are delegates by vote count as long as you have 20%+ so say McCain 49% Paul 51 McCain would get 13 and Ron would get 14 All would be bound in the first round. As long as Ron Paul gets 20% I'll be there. I probably will go either way though.

Wouldn't it had still been smarter if they just passed a resolution to unbound all the delegates so they can vote however they want (and if it is a full slate of Paul supporters, all delegates to him?)?

nate895
04-03-2008, 07:09 PM
Wouldn't it had still been smarter if they just passed a resolution to unbound all the delegates so they can vote however they want (and if it is a full slate of Paul supporters, all delegates to him?)?

They elected 27 delegates for each candidate. McCain has a full slate as well.

http://www.southdakotagop.com/News/Read.aspx?ID=7369

freedom-maniac
04-03-2008, 07:23 PM
Ironic, the state that builds giant monuments of Jefferson and Washington into mountains helps out our present day Founding Father. Well good for SD for this, and outlawing abortion.

ninepointfive
04-03-2008, 08:04 PM
outlawing abortion.

we don't want to outlaw abortion, just allow states to chose. once this happens, then its up to the local government to vote on it.

you know what i mean

Zera
04-03-2008, 08:11 PM
we don't want to outlaw abortion, just allow states to chose. once this happens, then its up to the local government to vote on it.

you know what i mean

I agree. I know a good amount of Paul supporters who are pro-choice their support for Paul is helped by the fact that he wouldn't make it a federal thing.

scandinaviany3
04-03-2008, 08:56 PM
in respect you all do know about Ron's laws he has put forth life to begin at conception.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanctity_of_Life_Act

spacehabitats
04-03-2008, 09:04 PM
If Ron Paul spent as much time in South Dakota as he is planning to spend in PA, we might actually WIN the popular vote. Anybody feel like begging him to do that?:)

Just a thought.

Eric21ND
04-04-2008, 02:12 AM
I agree with you on winning South Dakota. If Ron would've spent more time in North Dakota I believe we would've had a very strong chance at winning this state. As it stands we still did exceptionally well here, but we could've made headlines by winning the state.

Get Ron to South Dakota!!

freedom-maniac
04-04-2008, 05:46 AM
We still need 5 to make R.P. nominable, remember.

orlandoinfl
04-06-2008, 10:43 PM
amazing.

defe07
04-07-2008, 01:22 AM
So, does this mean that we have all the National Delegates from South Dakota?