PDA

View Full Version : texas delegates- who is testifying to the resolutions comm.??

squandertime
04-03-2008, 07:37 AM
the texas convention officially starts thursday, but starting on monday people can attend the resolution committee as it meets and ask questions about the various planks in the platform. I feel we need to get together and agree on which platforms to support and back up one another on. for instance, the plank on TTC in the texas 2006 platform isnt very tough. i feel certain that we have all pushed through a harder stance on it in our counties. should we all testify to a tougher "no TTC" at the resolution committee?? and, of course, there are other planks that we can testify together about. which is why i would like to get a little organized on this.

but this all starts on monday- i can be there on monday, along with several others from my area, but i was hoping to agree on a meeting place (perhaps even sunday night if we can.) and have a huge meetup meeting. i know those that have to travel far cant make it as easily as the houston areas can, but if we could organize ourselves on this i think it will make our movement look more serious and ready for battle.

perhaps all delegates should join the houston meetup? which meetup exactly would that be? maybe we need to make a meetup just for texas delegates?? so we can come together before the week of convention

you know what i mean??

><> robin

squandertime
04-03-2008, 07:42 AM
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/1655/

there seems to be a bunch of delegates here-

i'm signing up in here- let's all do that

all delegates at one place

all for one and one for all!!

charge- Kaboom!

><> robin

mavtek
04-03-2008, 08:51 AM
I don't have any idea what you are talking about, but I'm trying to find out what committees are doing what.

w00ter
04-03-2008, 10:56 AM
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/1655/

there seems to be a bunch of delegates here-

i'm signing up in here- let's all do that

all delegates at one place

all for one and one for all!!

charge- Kaboom!

><> robin

seems to be a group just for Houston people, right?

w00ter

w00ter
04-03-2008, 10:58 AM
the texas convention officially starts thursday, but starting on monday people can attend the resolution committee as it meets and ask questions about the various planks in the platform. I feel we need to get together and agree on which platforms to support and back up one another on. for instance, the plank on TTC in the texas 2006 platform isnt very tough. i feel certain that we have all pushed through a harder stance on it in our counties. should we all testify to a tougher "no TTC" at the resolution committee?? and, of course, there are other planks that we can testify together about. which is why i would like to get a little organized on this.

but this all starts on monday- i can be there on monday, along with several others from my area, but i was hoping to agree on a meeting place (perhaps even sunday night if we can.) and have a huge meetup meeting. i know those that have to travel far cant make it as easily as the houston areas can, but if we could organize ourselves on this i think it will make our movement look more serious and ready for battle.

perhaps all delegates should join the houston meetup? which meetup exactly would that be? maybe we need to make a meetup just for texas delegates?? so we can come together before the week of convention

you know what i mean??

><> robin

I agree, let's do what we can on that - those that can make it, will. I'm available.

w00ter

Elwar
04-03-2008, 10:58 AM
Can someone give a heads up on the stuff like this that's going to go on before the state convention? I'd love to do whatever I can to get on any decision making committees.

squandertime
04-03-2008, 11:15 AM
? you dont have any idea what i am talking about??

the state resolutions committee- opens up for discussions on monday. anyone who wants to testify before them may do so, all they have to do is get their name on a list. they go through the texas state platform 2006 by sections and anyone who wants to discuss the planks may do so.

for example i will discuss putting the confederate's widow plaque back up on the texas supreme court building. (you can read about it here- its my myspace blog- http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendID=318667015)

i dont know how else to explain- but you not knowing about it would mean that many other ron paul delegates do not know about it, which is disheartening.

here's the current platform which everyone should have recieved at their county conventions- but perhaps not-
http://www.texasgop.org/site/DocServer/Platform_Updated.pdf?docID=2001

compare them with your own county's platform.

all counties turn in their platform to the state resolution committee. the state resolution committee goes through each county's platform and will consolidate it into the state platform. just as the county resolution committee went through all the resolutions from the precints, so will the state resolution committee go through all the countys' platform.

so if there is a resolution that you want modified/strengthened that is already in the state plaform, or a resolution that isnt already in the state platform but is in your county's platform and you want to make sure it ends up in the state platform-- then you need to fight for it by testifying to the resolution committee.

surely this will all be explained in our incoming packets- the packets that will give us delegates the needed info on texas GOP convention........

of course, i am new to all this and so my undersatanding may need to be tighten up, but we definitely need to ask questions to our county chairmen about all these proceedeings if it isnt included in the packet.

the convention starts on thursday- but the pre-meetings will begin on monday.

squandertime
04-03-2008, 11:18 AM
i dont know how to get us texas delegates together except to make a meetup especially for that??

should i??

or surely there is already a meetup especially for texas RP delegates???

squandertime
04-03-2008, 11:23 AM
i am not talking about getting on a committee.
i am talking about testifying before the resolution committee.

getting on a committee is hard- each senate district appoints one person.
http://www.texasgop.org/site/PageServer?pagename=leadership_cc
talk to your county chairman about that..........

hasnt everyone been going to their county's executive committee meetings??
they usually meet monthly.........