PDA

View Full Version : About to Enlighten 40 people to Ron Paul.

Conza88
04-02-2008, 08:09 PM
Doing International Business / Relations degree. We have tutorials / debates about q's each week. I have prepared this :D 40 people in the tute, what do you think? I try to work him in there. I'll be bringing him up, in each lecture as much as I can for the next 12 weeks! ahahah. ;)

The names Michael and I’m doing a degree in International Business.

What are the causes of war?

First we must ask ourselves, what is to be meant by “cause”.
Well, Webster’s Dictionary defines, ‘cause’ as “the one, be it, a person, event, or condition that is responsible for an action or result.”

It is in my opinion, that the causes of war – are both greed manifested through money and power. The world essentially, runs on individuals pursuing their self-interests. And it is when those whom rise to power, and abuse it – that the unfortunate happens. As Thomas Jefferson states “Power is not alluring to pure minds.”

Having looked at our textbook, I think there is a large deficit and total lack of commentary about political economy, including the concepts of money and power. For how many times, in all of history, has the government of the day – waged war, in the name of national security, in the defence of the people - in the name of security?

I’d like to now play a short clip of Congressmen Ron Paul, at a Republican Presidential Debate.

[Show Ron Paul Slamming Neocon Warmongers – 1min 30] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhAokoMgSDc)

As Dr Paul mentions, there was no threat to the United States national security, so apart from faulty intelligence – you have to ask yourself, how much was really known before the invasion?

As Clausewitz mentions, “War is a continuation of politics by other means.”
It is both instrumental, purposive and a rational act by those individuals in power.

It may be put forward to me that if war and power are the cause, you have to ask yourself and how much was really known before the invasion? Were the consequences fully understood? I’d like to now play a clip of Dick Cheney in an interview, in 94’

[Show video of Dick Cheney ’94 – 1 min] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YENbElb5-xY)

To quote Hermann Goering, "Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Just to quickly address:
Are the causes of war today the same as they have been since the First World War?

Now, if you were to point towards a specific entity in modern history that has allowed for an increase in both money and power – that would be, the Federal Reserve banking system. For without the Federal Reserve System, the United States of America – would not have been able too commence, nor continue to fight its wars, be it just or unjust, without the consent of its people.

This system was created in 1913 in United States with the passing of the Federal Reserve act. One year before the Great War commenced in 1914.

Despite the title of ‘Federal’ it is much like our Reserve Bank of Australia – it is a private bank, with an unelected board, that essentially controls our money entire money supply. Included in this system is the fractional reserve banking system, and fiat money. Fiat being paper money.

This system is inherently flawed. To quote Murray Rothbard, “Let me put it this way; give any man or group power, and it will tend to use that power. If the power is inherently abusive, then the power will be abused. [The United States] present system gives to the federal government and its federal reserve system the unlimited power to counterfeit. The problem is that if the Fed has the power to counterfeit, it will inevitably use that power. Why? Because the power to counterfeit is too tempting. The power to create money means that it is far more tempting to print it than to work for it. It means the counterfeiter can pay his debts, spend more money and give more money to his friends and associates. In the case of government, the power to counterfeit means that government’s debts can be paid without levying taxes, that government spending can increase, and that political allies can be purchased and maintained.”

Consequently, is it in the interest of the people, for their taxes to go up to pay for the war? Of course not. Those governed do not benefit from war. There lies the beauty of the current Federal Reserve System.

Wars will continue till this day, until Sound Money and monetary policies are implemented, along with non-interventionist foreign policies. The founding fathers of the United States, Thomas Jefferson advocated; “Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations, entangling alliances with none.”

It is no coincidence that the 19th century, a time of the gold coin standards for the most part, was an era of peace. Nor it is a coincidence that the 20th century combines wars with paper money.

If I could end on a general quote about security, from Benjamin Franklin.
“Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”

What do you think? Any recommendations, tips etc. I give it in a few hours. :D
Just pretty hard to condense such broad subjects and address them all.. like speech will be like 8 min or something with vids? lol... i am taking up like a whole 5th of the time.

quezkittel
04-02-2008, 08:33 PM
Good luck!