PDA

View Full Version : Paul: "There'll be a revolt before that happens..."

Knightskye
04-02-2008, 07:45 PM
He was talking about having a tax rate of 70-80% to afford the $60 trillion in welfare obligations. Paul predicts a revolution! :D

Conza88
04-02-2008, 07:50 PM
Oh wow! Can I join?!
:D

pinkmandy
04-02-2008, 07:53 PM
He predicts a lot of things. Someday his colleagues, the media, and the American sheeple will start paying attention to him. ;)

Dr. Paul- I'm THERE. :)

Give me liberty
04-02-2008, 07:57 PM
Funny thats what Jonh Titor the time traveler said.

There will be a revolt in america,

Knightskye
04-02-2008, 07:59 PM

Is there anything after that comma?

malkusm
04-02-2008, 08:00 PM
The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let facts be submitted to a candid world.

He has refused his Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

He has called together legislative bodies at places unusual, uncomfortable, and distant from the depository of their Public Records, for the sole purpose of fatiguing them into compliance with his measures.

He has obstructed the Administration of Justice, by refusing his Assent to Laws for establishing Judiciary Powers.

He has made Judges dependent on his Will alone, for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our People, and eat out their substance.

He has affected to render the Military independent of and superior to the Civil Power.

He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his Assent to their Acts of pretended Legislation:

For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

For depriving us in many cases, of the benefits of Trial by Jury:

For taking away our Charters, abolishing our most valuable Laws, and altering fundamentally the forms of our Governments:

In every stage of these Oppressions we have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. A Prince, whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.

We, therefore, the Representatives of the united States of America, in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name, and by Authority of the good People of these Colonies, solemnly publish and declare, That these United Colonies are, and of Right ought to be Free and Independent States; that they are absolved from all Allegiance to the British Crown, and that all political connection between them and the State of Great Britain, is and ought to be totally dissolved; and that as Free and Independent States, they have full Power to levy War, conclude Peace, contract Alliances, establish Commerce, and to do all other Acts and Things which Independent States may of right do.

__________________________________________________ __________

History repeats itself, hmm?

JosephTheLibertarian
04-02-2008, 08:01 PM

The revolt of the stupid people? Most Americans are clueless and are too wrapped up in layers of western pessimism to do any fighting

malkusm
04-02-2008, 08:04 PM
The revolt of the stupid people? Most Americans are clueless and are too wrapped up in layers of western pessimism to do any fighting

If you tax people enough, they will wake up. Understand that it might get worse before it gets better, but also understand that the higher the tax burden on the average American, the more of them are awoken from their slumber and willingness to be trampled by their oppressors.

Knightskye
04-02-2008, 08:07 PM

“I began revolution with 82 men. If I had to do it again, I do it with 10 or 15 and absolute faith. It does not matter how small you are if you have faith and plan of action.”

Now, I know that was said by Fidel Castro, but still.

PlzPeopleWakeUp
04-02-2008, 08:07 PM
nt

RSLudlum
04-02-2008, 08:14 PM
If you tax people enough, they will wake up. Understand that it might get worse before it gets better, but also understand that the higher the tax burden on the average American, the more of them are awoken from their slumber and willingness to be trampled by their oppressors.

one of my favorite quotes concerning this subject:

Frederick Douglass, Aug. 4, 1857

Find out just what the people will submit to and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them; and these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.

JosephTheLibertarian
04-02-2008, 08:18 PM
But the politicians are smarter than that, they will just tax via inflation and leave the people clueless.

Lord Xar
04-02-2008, 08:37 PM
With the deterioration of the school systems, the entitlement mentality, the huge influx of illegal immigrants etc... higher taxes will be welcomed. AND when the revolt happens, it won't be the people vs. government. It will be those people who want the vision our founding fathers vs. those people who want more of what you have. The government will side with those who make it powerful, and the last vestige of an "american" will dissappear.

V4Vendetta
04-02-2008, 08:45 PM
Has Arms... Will Revolt

LiveToWin
04-02-2008, 08:48 PM
Definitly my favorite picture.

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o276/Fesevoa/TheRevolutionBegins.jpg

PlzPeopleWakeUp
04-02-2008, 08:49 PM
nt

aravoth
04-02-2008, 08:54 PM

I thought I was the only one who new about that guy around here.

qh4dotcom
04-02-2008, 09:30 PM
He was talking about having a tax rate of 70-80% to afford the $60 trillion in welfare obligations. Paul predicts a revolution! :D

Nobody will want to be in a 70-80% tax bracket...people will start earning less to stay in the lower tax brackets....productivity will go down

I can imagine a bunch of tax evasion and people moving to other lower tax countries if that happens.

nate895
04-02-2008, 09:36 PM
Hey, if we have a revolution, will the Chinese forgive us of our debt?

JRegs85
04-02-2008, 09:37 PM
Yes. We are screwed.

JosephTheLibertarian
04-02-2008, 10:27 PM
Hey, if we have a revolution, will the Chinese forgive us of our debt?

Say tough. lol. Legalize competition of currencies and give them the shaft

Knightskye
04-09-2008, 10:20 PM

But Joseph, if we do that, they'll boycott our olympics! :P

JosephTheLibertarian
04-10-2008, 01:16 AM
But Joseph, if we do that, they'll boycott our olympics! :P

not a government issue. Olympics is bs

coyote_sprit
04-10-2008, 01:54 AM
not a government issue. Olympics is bs

Yeah screw them Greek gods and screw China.

constituent
04-10-2008, 06:21 AM

+1000

whose debts? certainly not mine.

JosephTheLibertarian
04-10-2008, 09:23 AM
Yeah screw them Greek gods and screw China.

ha ok. Olympics is a trivial issue for me.

WRellim
04-10-2008, 10:06 AM
Paul: "There'll be a revolt before that happens..."

Actually, he's both right AND wrong** at the same time.

The effective CUMULATIVE rate of all taxes (Payroll Tax [FICA/aka Soc Sec], Income Tax [IRS], State and local Income taxes, property taxes, state and local sales taxes, gasoline and other "price integrated" tarriffs, plus various "fees" and "permits") is ALREADY at a rate nearing or exceeding 70% for many people... they just don't fully realize it.

And the people are NOT revolting... just murmuring and demanding MORE.

BTW, and income tax rate of 70% is simply NOT mathematically possible (any more) for the middle and lower classes, simply because so many OTHER forms of tax are already eating up the remaining 20-30% of people's incomes -- a tax rate of 70% would effectively confiscate ALL of wage earner's paychecks. So such a high Income Tax rate could ONLY be implemented on people whose annual salaries are WELL ABOVE the FICA cutoff.

**Of course I *do* understand that RP is really talking about an INCOME TAX rate of 70-80%, and not the "total" tax rate.

Libertytree
04-10-2008, 10:11 AM
When the Dems get into office let's see what they're gonna raise the rates to, all of the spending they've proposed ain't cheap.

Redmenace
04-10-2008, 12:17 PM
I think my sig says how i feel.

Mortikhi
04-10-2008, 12:28 PM

Didn't he also say it would be abundantly clear in 2009 why there was another revolution?

Carole
04-10-2008, 01:05 PM

Actually, this is exactly why people have not yet revolted, because the tax is hidden in so many ways.

Cost of living
Inflation
Borrowing and Debt we do not actually see and worry about
Incrementalism-undermining our government and our freedom on grain of rice at a time.
Executive Orders that bypass Congress
Treaties that bypass Congress and made behind closed doors
The Fed "saving" the markets and bailing out friends
Give Mes to the people to placate them and make them think "your government cares"

Etc....add your own

If the people only knew what our real taxes would be today in order to pay our debts, they would have revolted years ago. However, the government knows this and have taken great pains to hide all the taxes we pay so that we do not notice so readily how bad things really are.

Carole
04-10-2008, 01:11 PM
With the deterioration of the school systems, the entitlement mentality, the huge influx of illegal immigrants etc... higher taxes will be welcomed. AND when the revolt happens, it won't be the people vs. government. It will be those people who want the vision our founding fathers vs. those people who want more of what you have. The government will side with those who make it powerful, and the last vestige of an "american" will dissappear.

And apparently this the part that Titor did not get, that the sheeple will never willingly go against their government, but would believe that "patriotic Americans" are the problem. They will demand that we be stamped out. :(

Carole
04-10-2008, 01:16 PM
Exactly! :)

voytechs
04-10-2008, 02:41 PM

Instead of 70-80% can we do it at 35%, please please please!!!

aravoth
04-10-2008, 02:44 PM
Didn't he also say it would be abundantly clear in 2009 why there was another revolution?

He said that it started in 2005, and didn't become apparent to the media, the masses, etc. Until 2009, think he said shots wern't fired until 2010.

scandinaviany3
04-10-2008, 03:07 PM
very, very interesting

zmyrick19
04-10-2008, 05:50 PM
Instead of 70-80% can we do it at 35%, please please please!!!

0-1% please.;)

jkm1864
04-10-2008, 05:57 PM
Yeah the revolution Titor explained would be the most logical scenario. I kind of like the scenario about the south rising again but with all the welfare zombies down here it won't happen. I do see the scenario with the government tightening its Iron grip on the people and the people that get fed up moving to the country. I really feel we are headed in that direction because every day it gets worse and our fellow idiot Americans are to blame. I sure hope my old lady wakes up in time because I have been on her butt about moving to the country for years. I don't really like the idea of cameras up my ass and the rfid chip in my hand so the time is coming.

aravoth
04-10-2008, 06:09 PM
Yeah the revolution Titor explained would be the most logical scenario. I kind of like the scenario about the south rising again but with all the welfare zombies down here it won't happen. I do see the scenario with the government tightening its Iron grip on the people and the people that get fed up moving to the country. I really feel we are headed in that direction because every day it gets worse and our fellow idiot Americans are to blame. I sure hope my old lady wakes up in time because I have been on her butt about moving to the country for years. I don't really like the idea of cameras up my ass and the rfid chip in my hand so the time is coming.

Out of all the BS conspiracies out there, John Titor is the only one that really freaks me out. Back in 1999 someone asked if there was anything different about this 1999 versus his, and he said, but that it was strange to see some "buildings still standing" in a city were they were no longer standing. He never did name the city or the buildings however. He said a lot of things that turned out like that. Anyway.....

Yeah I've been bitching at my wife for a few years now to move back to the sticks. I don't know why the hell I ever moved here in the first place.

kyleAF
04-10-2008, 06:26 PM
Titor? Really? :rolleyes:

TruthAtLast
04-10-2008, 06:27 PM
Nobody will want to be in a 70-80% tax bracket...people will start earning less to stay in the lower tax brackets....productivity will go down

I can imagine a bunch of tax evasion and people moving to other lower tax countries if that happens.

What are you talking about? This is happening right now. Our tax system is currently counter-productive. There is absolutely NO incentive to strive for anything more because the more you make, the more you're taxed. Your lifestyle often doesn't improve and sometimes is actually worse.

I have two friends, one married with one kid and making $65k and the other single making $125k. The one making $125k is very ambitious, got a degree (and now paying off $100k in student loans) worked his way up in a company, works long hours, never takes any vacations and his lifestyle is WORSE than my other friend making half as much.

As soon as you get into the upper brackets (including the AMT), you get fucked and end up having to pay a much larger share of the tax burden as a result.

What is the incentive for hard work and determination? This is already a HUGE problem in the country right now. I can only imagine what would happen if the taxes started going even higher.

Cowlesy
04-10-2008, 06:30 PM
As soon as you get into the upper brackets (including the AMT), you get fucked and end up having to pay a much larger share of the tax burden as a result.

AMT is the biggest clusterf*ck. I make good money for being 26, but AMT murdered me this year. There are no adjustments for where you earned the money (like an extremely high cost-of-living place like NYC).

I have no doubt that someone making $65k probably has a much better living place and standard-of-living than I do.

I hate, hate the federal income tax.

kyleAF
04-10-2008, 06:55 PM
I make about 50,000, and were it not for 1000.00 student loan payments (F***ing B.S. degree education SCAM!), I'd be putting away--saving--nearly 2000.00 per month easily.

People I know who make twice what I do, seem to be having much more difficulty. But a lot of it is spending behavior, too. I choose to live simply. I cook my own food, have an old paid-off car with good gas mileage, don't own a T.V. at all, and budget my discretionary funds. Friends go out and get in more debt for T.V.s, motorcycles, Wii consoles, eating out, etc. etc.

Revolution9
04-10-2008, 08:29 PM
I thought I was the only one who new about that guy around here.

I know about him too.

Revolting!
Randy

aravoth
04-10-2008, 08:55 PM
I make about 50,000, and were it not for 1000.00 student loan payments (F***ing B.S. degree education SCAM!), I'd be putting away--saving--nearly 2000.00 per month easily.

People I know who make twice what I do, seem to be having much more difficulty. But a lot of it is spending behavior, too. I choose to live simply. I cook my own food, have an old paid-off car with good gas mileage, don't own a T.V. at all, and budget my discretionary funds. Friends go out and get in more debt for T.V.s, motorcycles, Wii consoles, eating out, etc. etc.

Right there with ya man. Except on top of the amount of student loans I pay, This year, I get the grand satisfaction of owing the IRS 2,668 dollars, of wich I can't pay all of it up front, so now, I'm going to have the IRS sniffing my ass for the next 6 months while I pay that crap off. And the only reason I owe is becuase I lost the vast majority of my reciepts and various other things I could have dedcuted due to some stupid shithead that thought it would be funny as hell to cost me 348 dollars by breaking my car window and steal my friggan radio, along with my milage lo9g, and the shoebox that had nearly all my deductions in it that I had just brought home from the office.