PDA

View Full Version : Msnbc Right Now

MsDoodahs
05-25-2007, 01:34 PM
Discussing Paul And The Online Support!

MsDoodahs
05-25-2007, 01:35 PM
Nevermind.

Just barely a mention, the guy that was being interviewed said the usual and that bloggers are just glad to have Dr. Paul bringing up the forgotten libertarian principles.

Of COURSE he said there is no way for Dr. Paul to win.

And then they moved on to everyone else.

JosephTheLibertarian
05-25-2007, 01:39 PM
I just saw it myself, they brought up that Ron Paul is against the war and pro-2nd amendment, but then they called him a "longshot" and blah... still, better than nothing.

MsDoodahs
05-25-2007, 01:41 PM
You know, it just struck me - they MENTIONED Ron Paul.

They did NOT metion Tancredo, Thompson, Gilmore, Brownback, etc etc etc.

So my initial disappointment is now turned to "YAY! SAY HIS NAME AGAIN!!!!!"

Bob Cochran
05-25-2007, 01:42 PM
Just remember -- Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton went from being nobodies outside of their home states to being national household names rather fast.

The same could happen with Ron Paul. I confess I get distressed when people throw up their hands and say he has no hope of winning.:confused:

Nonsense!:)

findmemonkey
05-25-2007, 01:44 PM
Who are they to decide he is longshot, why do they think they can nominate the preseident, who the hell they think they are?

If they let his message be heard...

qednick
05-25-2007, 01:45 PM
I think there's sinister purpose in those assertions. They don't want to risk the wrath of his supporters by ignoring or ridiculing him anymore. But, by asserting that "he has no chance of winning" subliminally tells viewers there's no point in "wasting your vote" on this guy.

Pisses me off too! :mad:

slantedview
05-25-2007, 02:01 PM
The same could happen with Ron Paul. I confess I get distressed when people throw up their hands and say he has no hope of winning.:confused:

I can understand since (admitedly) I felt the same way a few months ago when I was first learning of Paul. Once I realized how broad and unifying Paul's message was, I realized he most certainly could win, and I'd be damned if I didn't do everything to help him.

tnvoter
05-25-2007, 02:06 PM
Just remember -- Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton went from being nobodies outside of their home states to being national household names rather fast.

Fact.

RonPaul4President
05-25-2007, 02:31 PM
I think there's sinister purpose in those assertions. They don't want to risk the wrath of his supporters by ignoring or ridiculing him anymore. But, by asserting that "he has no chance of winning" subliminally tells viewers there's no point in "wasting your vote" on this guy.

Pisses me off too! :mad:

Yup, they're just sending out some feelers. Mainstream media is enslaved by ignorance, so when someone comes along and speaks the truth it throws them into a tailspin. Pass the popcorn!

Liberty
05-25-2007, 03:36 PM
It's almost like MSM has been given a talking point regarding Ron Paul:
"has no chance"
The republican debates have exposed MSM for having agendas and they look foolish. We cannot get discouraged as Dr. Paul speaks truth. His poll numbers should pick up fast with more name recognition and that's where we can help.

angelatc
05-25-2007, 03:50 PM
I think "longshot" is a step up from "not possible."

rg123
05-25-2007, 06:59 PM
We just cannot give up. Really hammer talk radio host about the censorship and push his library as well. I believe once you start reading his speach's from the house it is like an infection I couldn't stop reading. It reads like the Founding Father's and goes back a long way showing how long he has been a man alone fighting a corrupt government for us

Sakimoto
05-25-2007, 07:03 PM
We just cannot give up. Really hammer talk radio host about the censorship and push his library as well. I believe once you start reading his speach's from the house it is like an infection I couldn't stop reading. It reads like the Founding Father's and goes back a long way showing how long he has been a man alone fighting a corrupt government for us

No doubt he would win by a landslide if only the nation heard his message. Ron always said from the begining that it will be a grassroots effort or it won't happen at all.