PDA

View Full Version : Mccain Breaking The FEC Law - He LOSES His Delegates In PA - You Must Bring This Up A

Magicman
04-02-2008, 06:53 PM
SPREAD THIS FAR AND WIDE. THIS RACE IS NOT OVER!!!

http://www.presstv.com/Detail.aspx?id=48815&sectionid=3510203

Here is also a video of 32,000 Signatures Collected to the FEC to FIle Against McCain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYy-F50CCas

http://action.firedoglake.com/page/petition/mccainfec
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

McCain ’breaks official spending cap’
Mon, 24 Mar 2008 19:37:12

Republican candidate John McCain
Republican presumptive nominee John McCain has ignored official campaign expenditure limits and has overspent millions in the primary.

According to spending reports filed last week by McCain’s campaign, the Arizona senator has broken the limits set by the presidential public financing system.

Candidates such as McCain, who have committed to public financing, are only allowed to spend up to $54 million on the primary. McCain, however, spent $58.4 million.

This is while lawyers of the 71-year-old senator contend that the spending cap does not apply in the current situation.

They allege since the Republican hopeful announced after February 6’s Super Tuesday victories that he would withdraw from the matching-funds program he had entered last year, the spending cap does not apply to him.

"The FEC regulations specifically state that candidates who do not receive public funding payments from the US Treasury are exempt from the primary spending ceiling," expounded one of his senior campaign officials.

Chairman of the commission David Mason, however, warned McCain last month that his withdrawal request had not yet been granted.
"McCain has 2 problems with this issue.

1: If the FEC allows Mccain to withdraw from FED matching funds he will be revoked from many delegates in states that he was able to be on the ballot without the required number of signatures therefore he will lose any delegates for him in those states.

2: If the FEC doesn’t release him from matching funds he will be capped at 50 million dollars and will kill his run for president because he will not have the money to compete.

The problem is even more complicated than this. McCain used the matching funds eligibility to avoid having to collect signatures to qualify for ballot access in several states, including Ohio, Pennsylvania and Delaware.

Those state wins must be voided according to most experts on the issue. That means he does not have the necessary delegates.

Ironic that it was his law (McCain-Feingold) that got him in this mess.
McCain broke the law...

I was one of the people that have addressed this and did so on record on the radio. You people can not wait for the FEC to rule on this.

The delegates in these states need to file the motion at their conventions for McCain to be revoked of all his delegates in those states for failure to comply with election ballot state law requirements.

Find out if your state allowed McCain to be on the ballot without obtaining petition signatures." -- Dr. Steve Parent

acroso
04-02-2008, 06:54 PM
link is not working,,

Magicman
04-02-2008, 07:08 PM
I know Steve Parent is legit and he's a delegate. I will try and get the original source and update this message.

Everyone SHOULD send this to their local Meetup groups to get the word out.

runningdiz
04-02-2008, 07:11 PM
Loosing 3 states worth of delegates wont stop him from getting the nomination.

coastie
04-02-2008, 07:32 PM

Yeah....and not only that - NOBODY"S GOING TO DO A FUCKING THING ABOUT IT.

Bradley in DC
04-02-2008, 07:39 PM
1: If the FEC allows Mccain to withdraw from FED [sic] matching funds he will be revoked from many delegates in states that he was able to be on the ballot without the required number of signatures therefore he will lose any delegates for him in those states. -- Dr. Steve Parent

What is the basis for this statement, does anyone know? I don't know of any national RNC rule for this, nor, that I know of, any state law either.

There is an RNC provision about a delegation losing half of its delegates but even there not for any violation such as this, that I know of.

Please verify information before spreading gratuitously--especially from this source. ;)

dannno
04-02-2008, 07:54 PM

http://ecommons.library.cornell.edu/bitstream/1813/2962/1/Fig+2-1+Fortune+teller.jpg

How much do I owe you?

Knightskye
04-02-2008, 07:56 PM
Loses what Pennsylvania delegates? They haven't voted yet, genius!

LibertyIn08
04-02-2008, 07:57 PM
If I recall correctly, Pennsylvania is a loophole primary, much like Illinois.

You vote directly for delegates, who will vote for who they wish to vote for at the convention. This FEC digression will affect the Pennsylvania race.

TruthAtLast
04-02-2008, 08:05 PM
Yeah....and not only that - NOBODY"S GOING TO DO A FUCKING THING ABOUT IT.

QFT

The sad part is that even if they took away those states, he'd win anyway. But you can't take away the intangible "momentum" he gained in some states.

Meaning, he may have lost more than just those few states. In fact, maybe Romney wouldn't have dropped out. Maybe McCain wouldn't have won a big state like California. Maybe McCain wouldn't have gotten some of those key endorsements. Maybe Huckabee would have won a few more as well because it would have been a closer race. Ultimately, maybe we would be looking at a brokered convention right now.

But none of it matters at this point other than if it was proven that he broke the law and there was some action taken like the loss of some delegates, the fallout of public opinion could cost him the General Election.

But you begin to wonder what the incentive is for him to NOT break the law. He might be thinking, "so what. I lose a couple states. I have this thing in the bag now and it was a small price to pay."

angelatc
04-02-2008, 08:07 PM
Ohio and Pennsylvania aren't early states.

TruthAtLast
04-02-2008, 08:10 PM
Ohio and Pennsylvania aren't early states.

This doesn't affect any other states? :confused:

The Lantern
04-02-2008, 08:22 PM
What is the basis for this statement, does anyone know? I don't know of any national RNC rule for this, nor, that I know of, any state law either.

There is an RNC provision about a delegation losing half of its delegates but even there not for any violation such as this, that I know of.

Please verify information before spreading gratuitously--especially from this source. ;)

I believe this information is wrong. I thought that the rule was you only had to qualify for matching funds to be placed on the ballot. You did not have to accept the funds.

puppetmaster
04-02-2008, 08:38 PM
This type of shady behavior will lose him the general election. We must use this information to turn delegates against this swine. Wheather or not he gets held accountable we can use this info against him

Magicman
04-02-2008, 11:02 PM
I fixed the URL check on the 1st page or here:

http://www.presstv.com/Detail.aspx?id=48815&sectionid=3510203

kirkblitz
04-02-2008, 11:12 PM
kentucky is affected

acptulsa
04-03-2008, 07:49 AM
We all need to get on it and see what our state requirements are. I'll bringing it up at our meetup tonight. And yes, if those foolish banks he defrauded by borrowing with imaginary collateral won't sue him, at least we can point out every chance we get that McCain violated the McCain-Feingold law. After all, it isn't merely ironic, it's indicative and revealing!

torchbearer
04-03-2008, 08:02 AM
In Louisiana, they could lose 90% of their slate, but that's because they broke party rules set by the RNC as to how the caucus is to be ran.
I don't see how the RNC could have rules pertaining to campaign finance, unless its the local state GOP that decides to not give McCain the delegates because of his bad actions.
I don't see that happening.

Magicman
04-03-2008, 02:47 PM
Reply with this quote Reply to this Post Posted: Mar 30, 2008 5:48 PM
Stay Tuned for Updates Here and make sure to save links:

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/boards/thread/4435206

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/44282

This is what i have come up with so far in this draft and any more thoughts would be appreciated. Keep in mind the more you have the stronger your resolutions are.

This should also be brought to your convention as proof to support the claim in this resolution. http://www.fec.gov/press/press2008/20080221mccain.shtml .

RESOLUTION to deny Senator John McCain of Arizona (hereafter, "John McCain") any (STATE) delegate votes at the 2008 county, state, and national Republican Party conventions:

WHEREAS John McCain was placed on the ballot in (STATE) without obtaining the required number of petition signatures, due to his prospective acceptance of Federal matching funds; and

WHEREAS John McCain ostensibly won the 2008 Republican Party primary in (STATE) as a result of being placed on the ballot solely due to his prospective acceptance of Federal matching funds; and

WHEREAS John McCain has willfully withdrawn from the Federal matching funds program, violating the sole condition whereby he qualified to be on the ballot in (STATE); and

WHEREAS John McCain must therefore be deemed ineligible to have been on the ballot for the 2008 Republican Party primary in (STATE), rendering all votes for him null and void; and

WHEREAS John McCain cannot therefore be deemed to have actually won the 2008 Republican Party primary in (STATE), and thus no (STATE) Republican Party delegates can be obligated to vote for John McCain at county, state, and national Republican Party conventions; and

WHEREAS, by participating in the (STATE) Republican Party primary on a fraudulent basis, John Mccain has clearly failed in his obligation to respect and honor both the integrity of the Republican Party in (STATE) and the election laws of (STATE); and

WHEREAS the Republican Party has the responsibilty and obligation to hold any prospective nominee of its party accountable for any violations of the law in any state, at a minimum by refusing to allow such an individual to win its nomination; and

WHEREAS the delegates for the Republican Party have the reponsibility to mantain the integrity of the Republican Party by withholding their votes from any candidate who has violated either the integrity of the Party or the election laws of (STATE); and

WHEREAS it is impossible to determine how votes cast for John McCain in the 2008 (STATE) Republican Party primary would otherwise have been distributed;

BE IT RESOLVED that we the people of the Republican Party of (STATE) hereby release all delegates from any obligation, legal or moral, to vote in convention for John McCain based on his illegitimate participation in the 2008 (STATE) Republican Party primary; and

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that we the people of the Republican Party of (STATE) enjoin all our delegates to NOT vote in convention for John McCain, and to vote for whichever remaining candidate(s) they believe best uphold(s) the platform and traditions of the Republican Party and the Constitution of the United States of America.

Dr. Steve Parent

Sandra
04-03-2008, 03:31 PM
I think you have to apply for matching financing to know if you qualify. Like any loan.

Magicman
04-03-2008, 03:34 PM
I forgot to mention that I tried to fix the title but it didnt work. This applies to other states as well.

CurtisLow
04-03-2008, 04:40 PM
Earlier this week Joe Sudbay of America Blog and Reverend Lennox Yearwood of the Hip Hop Caucus delivered 32,000 of your signatures on our complaint against John McCain to the Federal Election Commission.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYy-F50CCas

http://firedoglake.com/2008/04/01/delivery-of-32000-cosignatures-to-fec-complaint-against-mccain-video/

westmich4paul
04-03-2008, 04:53 PM
I for one think the Republicans are probably going to be more exhuberant now knowing that McCain has no problem violating simple laws let alone violate ones he himself helped create. Sounds like he would be a perfect "fill in" candidate for this administration. No wonder George Sr. and Jr. both endorsed him. I was very sad to see Nancy Reagan endorsing McNasty because I think that (well hope that ) Ron Reagan would have made a much wiser endorsement.

All Seeing Eye
04-03-2008, 05:28 PM
From the comments over at the Daily Paul:

"Also, it is my opinion that IF the funds were made available to him totally, then he is considered to have accepted them--and since he USED them as collateral for the loan, that in itself is an acceptance of the funds. Also, he accepted the funds by not getting the signatures. So there are other ways to accept the funds than by simply taking the money out of the bank."

Sounds about right to me.

Put simply, he broke the rules WHICHEVER way you look at it and he clearly accepted the funds through his actions using them to support both his own fundraising AND as a meal ticket onto the ballot in states where he couldn't get the support (read: actual, LEGITIMATE signatures).

ButchHowdy
04-03-2008, 05:38 PM
Sorry if redundant but here's a petition with 32000 signatures already:

All Seeing Eye
04-03-2008, 05:46 PM
Signed and e-mailed to my entire address book too!

Paul Revered
04-03-2008, 10:47 PM
SPREAD THIS FAR AND WIDE. THIS RACE IS NOT OVER!!!

I posted it on MySpace.

Banana
04-03-2008, 11:10 PM
Sorry if redundant but here's a petition with 32000 signatures already:

Signing online petition is fun, but I'd *STRONGLY* encourage everyone to write a letter, print it out and send it to FEC via registered mail.