PDA

View Full Version : Overseas support and Pacs...?

mtmedlin
08-20-2007, 06:45 AM
After reading a little FCC material, I understand that non-US citizens cannot give to his campaign. I have been seeing a trend of support overseas and wondered if a PAC is limited to this rule. From what I have read, I don't think that they are. Can we attempt to bring in some of this overseas cash in order to show worldwide support of RP?

interesting article that made me think of this:

http://www.journalnow.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WSJ%2FMGArticle%2FWSJ_Columnist Article&c=MGArticle&cid=1173352424497&path=/opinion&s=

TwiStEr
08-20-2007, 08:57 AM
Im a college student in Berlin Germany and a German citizen. However, I ve spent a year in the states and went to High School. I consider my host family my 2nd family and I have many many friends there. In a way I feel like a us citizen.

But, even without that everyone should care about the outcome of this election, since it will deeply affect us too, as it always has here in the EU. I found out about Ron Paul about 2 months ago and was just blown away, that an american politician could be that honest. I first saw him in the "duel" with guiliani and I though it was kinda funny that americans can actually discuss about this or doubt the fact their entanglement in the world creates hatred.

I never though I could be for a republican, but its trough Dr.Paul that I now understand the real republican and I strongly support him, even though there are some little things I dont agree a 100% on, but that would be too much to ask.

After getting informed I got so fired up about this guy I was actually willing to give money. But what I was suspecting turned out to be true. Foreigners arent allowed to donate. I must say Im a little disappointed that I cant really support him that way, but I totally understand it. I mean china could support a candidate if hes pro china, you dont want foreign countries or groups interfere with your elections, so thats actually a good thing.

I decided to do what I can. I dont think running around Berlin and handing out flyers about Ron Paul will do much good, but I though of something that might get you a couple votes more.

Since I ve been to the states, I know a lot of people and Im stillin contact with a lot of them. Most of them are in my AIM or ICQ list. So talked to all of them. I showed them the videos, the info and this forum. Many of them got convinced to look him up more and tune in for the rep debates. I got a couple convinced to vote in the primaries and the feedback was really possitive. Some of my closer friends actually got really fired up about him too after they looked more about him up and talked tome again. At least 3 joined meetup groups!!

Also I raise awareness of Dr. Paul among my German friends here at home. If the international press reports about him, maybe your press will do the same :/

For the moment thats all I can do!

I wish you guys all the luck in the world with this campaign!!

Greetings from Berlin;)

Matt

klamath
08-20-2007, 09:40 AM
Thanks Matt!