04-02-2008, 12:32 PM
What happened? :

http://ronpaulgraphs.com/thumb_yesterday_vs_today_line.png?195.png

PlzPeopleWakeUp
04-02-2008, 12:41 PM
nt

acptulsa
04-02-2008, 12:49 PM
They have five million in the bank and aren't exactly spending it aggressively. They spend it, they'll get more...

Roxi
04-02-2008, 12:57 PM
What happened?
He didn't do what the people wanted: Run independent.

Even though I am a delegate going to eh senate and state conventions, I will not donate any more money to RP until he changes his tune. Until then, I will work hard to change our political process and our country the best I can.

im sorry you feel that way... im glad your becoming a delegate but i wish you would understand something

I PRAYED for ron paul to go 3rd party.... and i was pretty upset that he didn't BUT Ron Paul made a commitment to his congressional seat LONG before he made one to us. He NEVER expected the kind of support he got for this bid for the POTUS. if he went third party, turned his back on his house seat, and let Peden have the 14th district ron paul would lose a hell of a lot more support then he will lose from the people who quit believing in him for not going third party.

when we all got into this ron paul was a republican, not third party so why in gods name would we expect him to switch because we want him to? HE KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING. We can't even pretend to be 1/1000 of a molecule as smart as him.

I for one do not regret any one penny, tear, or sweat drop i have put into this campaign whether he wins or not, this was never really about ron paul winning it was about a movement, a revolution, an awakening

I am SO grateful for the awakening i have experienced. my life has changed immensely because of this man, my only regret is not knowing about him until last year. I will never forget my involvement in this campaign and my grandkids will know just how important it is to fight for their freedoms and constitutional rights because he showed me just that. I would not have the revolution logo tattooed on my arm if this was ever about a man or him winning. this man has changed many lives and he has most certainly changed the course of human events forever

we are taking over the republican party, we are taking over our local politics, we are joining groups and handing out literature

did you know during the 2 months we were in new hampshire we handed out 14,000 constitutions.... jesus can you imagine the implications of that? if even a small percentage of the people read them that one act may change many different things.

I can't believe some of the people who have just thrown their hands up in the air because of this third party crap

remember what ron paul said?? he said "as long as the support is still there, and the donations are coming in, im staying"

what is happening? people are becoming dejected, throwing in the towel, giving up or whining about this crap, people aren't donating what do you expect to happen next if this keeps up?

Come on people, if you can't donate $ to support the POTUS bid because you think RP has given up, just donate a couple bucks for the cause... he is still in there right?

ok sorry im done :cool:

Elwar
04-02-2008, 01:03 PM
What happen?

Someone set us up the bomb.

slacker921
04-02-2008, 01:31 PM
Why donate now? Seriously. Is there a need?

If there's not a need, then what will the campaign do with the money? Will the campaign run ads if we donate? Will the campaign focus on winning a state? ... just what will they do with it?

If the intention is that the campaign will just hold the money and then disperse it to candidates that Ron Paul picks then why not do it now? We can just donate straight to BJ (http://www.lawsonforcongress.com/), Jim (http://www.jimforsythe.com/), etc now when they need the cash.

yongrel
04-02-2008, 01:32 PM
There are numerous ways to better spend the money.

Donate to Jim Forsythe, BJ Lawson, Murray Sabrin, Amit Singh, etc. More bang for the buck.

Tarzan
04-02-2008, 01:37 PM

Donate to Jim Forsythe, BJ Lawson, Murray Sabrin, Amit Singh, etc. More bang for the buck.

AMEN!!!
We need to get as many constitutional guys in as we can THIS election cycle. The Ron Paul campaign has bailed on us and we should be using our money and efforts where they will do some good.

Get these guys (and others) elected... take over the GOP while we are at it... groom new candidates for a run in two years... take back our government one district at a time.

grayangel
04-02-2008, 02:11 PM
im sorry you feel that way... im glad your becoming a delegate but i wish you would understand something

I PRAYED for ron paul to go 3rd party.... and i was pretty upset that he didn't BUT Ron Paul made a commitment to his congressional seat LONG before he made one to us. He NEVER expected the kind of support he got for this bid for the POTUS. if he went third party, turned his back on his house seat, and let Peden have the 14th district ron paul would lose a hell of a lot more support then he will lose from the people who quit believing in him for not going third party.

when we all got into this ron paul was a republican, not third party so why in gods name would we expect him to switch because we want him to? HE KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING. We can't even pretend to be 1/1000 of a molecule as smart as him.

I for one do not regret any one penny, tear, or sweat drop i have put into this campaign whether he wins or not, this was never really about ron paul winning it was about a movement, a revolution, an awakening

I am SO grateful for the awakening i have experienced. my life has changed immensely because of this man, my only regret is not knowing about him until last year. I will never forget my involvement in this campaign and my grandkids will know just how important it is to fight for their freedoms and constitutional rights because he showed me just that. I would not have the revolution logo tattooed on my arm if this was ever about a man or him winning. this man has changed many lives and he has most certainly changed the course of human events forever

we are taking over the republican party, we are taking over our local politics, we are joining groups and handing out literature

did you know during the 2 months we were in new hampshire we handed out 14,000 constitutions.... jesus can you imagine the implications of that? if even a small percentage of the people read them that one act may change many different things.

I can't believe some of the people who have just thrown their hands up in the air because of this third party crap

remember what ron paul said?? he said "as long as the support is still there, and the donations are coming in, im staying"

what is happening? people are becoming dejected, throwing in the towel, giving up or whining about this crap, people aren't donating what do you expect to happen next if this keeps up?

Come on people, if you can't donate $ to support the POTUS bid because you think RP has given up, just donate a couple bucks for the cause... he is still in there right?

ok sorry im done :cool:

Bravo, Roxic27. I think what is happening is what we perhaps should have expected to happen -- those who were only interested in WINNING the Presidential election have become discouraged, downtrodden, angry -- I see it all over this forum, and it frequently makes me nauseated. Because I, like you, have always seen it as much more than that. Ron Paul's candidacy has been a life-changing event for many of his supporters. Many of us who supported and campaigned for RP so passionately had very little, if any, expectations of him winning the Republican nomination . . . but that didn't keep us from promoting and donating to him wholeheartedly, because we BELIEVE in his message. And I think those who TRULY believe in the message do not consider themselves defeated but VALIDATED and MOTIVATED.

Those who considered winning the Presidency to be the ONLY acceptable or desirable victory for this campaign have done a disservice not only to Ron Paul but also to his message of Liberty -- does anyone who truly fights for liberty ever really expect it to be handed to us so easily? The Founding Fathers didn't, which is why WE THE PEOPLE were expressly given so much power under the Constitution.

I, for one, am immensely grateful to have Ron Paul in Congress -- and if he can't be our next President, I'd rather have him there than flitting around the country trying to appease his fair-weather Presidential supporters. TRUST RON PAUL. I agree with you, roxic27, he knows what he's doing. All this doubt and anger with RP for not going for a third party run is toxic and misplaced -- it' s a result of some of us being under the false impression that WE know what's best -- and we don't. We love Ron Paul for being a man of integrity . . . for sticking to his word . . . yet many of us continually question his wisdom and motives. Ridiculous! Yes, we're all sad and somewhat discouraged that (barring some catastrophe or miracle) he will not be our next President. But if you really EVER believed in what Ron Paul has said, you will accept what we have accomplished and continue to fight for Liberty at all levels -- and NOT waste time and energy pointing fingers at minor failures and contemplating "what-if's" regarding the POTUS campaign.

Thanks for the donation reminder, by the way. It's been awhile since I donated, and plan to make a poor chick's contribution straight away. I STILL believe in Ron Paul. I STILL believe in LIBERTY. And I have made a commitment to myself to fight for the ideals Ron Paul has stood for and awakened us to until I draw my final breath. This is bigger than Ron Paul, bigger than the Presidency, bigger than all of us. It's a shame that so many grassroots supporters' egos have gotten in the way of realizing and remembering this.

PEACE.

Akus
04-02-2008, 02:25 PM
What happened?

Even though I am a delegate going to eh senate and state conventions, I will not donate any more money to RP until he changes his tune. Until then, I will work hard to change our political process and our country the best I can.

exactly.
I, too, am a delegate for the state convention. Even if I could donate more to the official Ron Paul campaign, I would not. I am spending my money and resources here on something that will actually get results, not on a campaign full of like of 24year old punk kids who never ran a campaign for their local toilet cleaner, let alone a Unites States President.

salsero96
04-02-2008, 02:30 PM
The campaign is holding on to around 5 mil right now. They aren't doing much campaigning at the moment.

I'm waiting to see what happens in September.

acptulsa
04-02-2008, 02:39 PM
Welcome, grayangel. I can't say I remember my sixth post. I suppose I can only wish it was as good as yours! Welcome salsero96 as well.

LEK
04-02-2008, 02:53 PM
A proud "Ron Paul asshole".

At the very least you're useful. :D

grayangel
04-02-2008, 03:32 PM
Welcome, grayangel. I can't say I remember my sixth post. I suppose I can only wish it was as good as yours! Welcome salsero96 as well.

Hey, thanks, I think! ;) Very nice to make your collective acquaintance!

I've actually been hanging around for awhile trying to take everything in. It is a massive forum to have joined after so much important discussion has already ensued. It's taken me countless hours just to almost finish the Bydlak thread. But since I loathe redundancy, I persist! :D

Thanks again for the welcome, and I look forward to participating in further discussion.

acroso
04-02-2008, 03:44 PM
Some of us are still broke form the Teaparty, V-day and MLK donations....

People can't just announce random money bombs NON-STOP and expect people to continue donating endlessly especially when this campaign is winding down.

qh4dotcom
04-02-2008, 04:08 PM
Why donate now? Seriously. Is there a need?

If there's not a need, then what will the campaign do with the money? Will the campaign run ads if we donate? Will the campaign focus on winning a state? ... just what will they do with it?

If the intention is that the campaign will just hold the money and then disperse it to candidates that Ron Paul picks then why not do it now? We can just donate straight to BJ (http://www.lawsonforcongress.com/), Jim (http://www.jimforsythe.com/), etc now when they need the cash.

I wouldn't donate money to the official campaign at this moment and get nothing in return....instead I would exchange my money...exchange it for something at ronpaul2008store.com...I exchanged my money for a Ron Paul T-shirt and several people have noticed me wearing it asked me about Ron Paul...perfect opportunity to spread the message.

MozoVote
04-02-2008, 06:32 PM
Ron Paul has said all the money will be spent. So I assume he will use the money after the convention to help Liberty candidates. He just cannot say this right now, for FEC compliance.

Carole
04-02-2008, 07:22 PM
You need to consider what Dr. Paul has said about trying to run third party. He said when he tried it he had to spend all his time and money to get on the ballot. He did not get in the debates as well. It is very difficult to run third party due to a lack of the democratic process in this country.

It would require as he said,"you would have to be rich like Ross Perot" to run third party.

There is no way his supporters can come up with he money for a third party bid even if he were inclined to run.

Please think this through about third party runs. Not once have they succeeded in all the times they were tried in recent years. Or ever I believe.

The Dems and Reps have tied the hands of any competition with their "rules" such that they cannot compete honestly with them on a level playing field. The old power thing as usual. It is disgraceful, but true.

FireofLiberty
04-02-2008, 07:47 PM

I'll third that.

Knightskye
04-02-2008, 07:54 PM
You can't graph something that doesn't exist. There's no count on the main website.

grayangel
04-02-2008, 08:05 PM
I just wanted to take a moment to compliment whomever is responsible for the "Lawson for Congress" website. It's very well done, and I'm thrilled to see "some of our own" stepping up to take the reins. We're all gonna be stretched pretty far on donations to all the Liberty candidates . . . but that's what I like to see!

Conza88
04-02-2008, 08:32 PM
What happened?

Even though I am a delegate going to the senate and state conventions, I will not donate any more money to RP until he changes his tune. Until then, I will work hard to change our political process and our country the best I can.

He can run independant if there is a need to, AFTER the convention. Thats when they all start campaigning for PRESIDENT ANYWAY. FFS.

They have five million in the bank and aren't exactly spending it aggressively. They spend it, they'll get more...

You idiots, there is 6 months to go!!!!!!!
They need to retain that money, to keep it going forward..>!

MSM spending is wasteful.. if anything he'll do a blitz in Saint Paul, the night before the convention!

PlzPeopleWakeUp
04-02-2008, 10:05 PM
nt

Bro.Butch
04-02-2008, 11:57 PM
Ron Paul has said all the money will be spent. So I assume he will use the money after the convention to help Liberty candidates. He just cannot say this right now, for FEC compliance.

Do you have a source for this statement ? I have no doubt it will be spent, but will it go to campaign this year or to salaries and staff expenses ? It is illegal to give this money to other candidates. It can be kept by Ron for retirement.

Ron has no opposition for his house seat. He can run third party and keep his seat, so that is no excuse.

angelatc
04-03-2008, 12:22 AM
Do you have a source for this statement ? I have no doubt it will be spent, but will it go to campaign this year or to salaries and staff expenses ? It is illegal to give this money to other candidates. It can be kept by Ron for retirement.

Ron has no opposition for his house seat. He can run third party and keep his seat, so that is no excuse.

What's your source that it is illegal to give it to other candidates?

They actually can do that, but only in increments of $2,000.00. They can donate the entire lump sum back to their party though. (Wouldn't the GOP love that?)

He can keep it around for his next Presidential campaign.

I am fairly certain that he cannot use it for personal expenses, ie retirement, but he can use it to offset costs incurred by his Congressional seat, and/or like you said, pay staff and salary expenses.

libertarian4321
04-03-2008, 06:24 AM
I don't see a huge need for donations to the national campaign at this point, as they are winding down and doing minimal campaigning.

However, there are a lot of other good causes to donate to- congressional candidates, grassroots efforts, etc. Thats where my money is going now.