PDA

View Full Version : Sample Ballots for Delegates

amy31416
04-02-2008, 11:23 AM
Just received this email a bit ago, what are your thoughts? I'm not delegate-savvy like many of you:

rom ronpaul2008@cpalpac.com
reply-to ronpaul2008@cpalpac.com,
to ronpaul2008@cpalpac.com,
date Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 11:11 AM
subject Re: [Ronpaul2008] Sample Ballots for Delegates
mailing list <ronpaul2008_cpalpac.com.cpalpac.com> Filter messages from this mailing list

hide details 11:11 AM (2 hours ago)

WE are sitting here in a meeting - CALL US IMMEDIATELY (610)239-6766

-----Original Message-----
To: ronpaul2008@cpalpac.com
Sent: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 4:43 pm
Subject: [Ronpaul2008] Sample Ballots for Delegates

Dear Pennsylvania Ron Paul supporter:

Please read this critical message in its entirety.

The popular vote in Pennsylvania's April 22nd GOP primary will have little effect on the GOP’s nomination or platform. That’s because PA voters directly elect delegates to the national convention. Our common task is to elect delegates who support Ron.

As a supporter, you will receive before the primary an email that identifies Ron Paul delegates for whom you should vote. To capture other votes, we’ll hand out sample ballots to Republicans at polling stations with historically heavy voting. Coordinators are in the process of assembling volunteers to man those polling stations, principally during their heavy voting hours. Please volunteer when you are asked, or you can contact your meetup.

Ron's campaign scaled back the scope of its operations, so it will not be funding production and distribution of the sample ballots. We need to raise that money ourselves and that is the subject of this message. Please contribute what you can to this project, whether $10, $20, $50, $100 or more. There are two easy ways to pay:

1. Checks may be made out to "Pa Delegates For Liberty" and mailed to 3002 Stoney Creek Road, Norristown, Pa 19401.

2. Go to http://www.cpalpac.com/home/donate.htm, complete the fields and select the Delegate Slate Cards from amongst the Earmark options. Once you click Continue, you can pay via PayPal.

All funds will be used solely to pay for the sample ballots project. The total funding required is $15,000. We will send a further email indicating when the goal has been met.

Time is of the essence in this matter as April 22nd is fast approaching.

Bill Faust
Pennsylvania Field Director
Ron Paul 2008

Replies will not be answered due to volume of email addresses used in this broadcast.

2orb
04-02-2008, 11:37 AM
I received one too in addition to an email that is very specific to the RP delegates on the ballot in my county (two different districts).

I cannot take time off as they suggest having just started a new job, but plan to spread the word to those I know concerning which delegates are for Paul.

I am always cautious about donating, especially when there is an "urgent" need.

Nirvikalpa
04-02-2008, 01:50 PM
All you have to do is go to http://ronpaulpa.com and it lists the delegates :)

Chowdah
04-03-2008, 02:24 PM
The email is authentic.
I had questions about it myself and asked Bill Faust if it was legit.
He verified the authenticity of the email and the need for donations to cover the cost of sample ballots.

For those of you who are not familiar with him, Bill Faust is the campaign's director for all of Pennsylvania.

amy31416
04-03-2008, 02:35 PM
Thanks guys. The email just sounded weird, but then again the whole delegate process varies in weirdness from state to state...

pahs1994
04-04-2008, 01:12 AM
Thanks guys. The email just sounded weird, but then again the whole delegate process varies in weirdness from state to state...

I'm glad that someone verified it, i thought the second email was odd or it was someone spamming. There are alot of people out there trying to profit off of RP's popularity, so it doesn't hurt to question everything.