PDA

View Full Version : Delegate fee?

INforRP
04-02-2008, 10:15 AM
Trying to upload the letter I received today, bear with me.
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b108/larsz2/04020801-1.jpg

INforRP
04-02-2008, 10:48 AM
Sorry if it is still a bit blurry, but it seems readable. My question is, is there really a $80 fee? The way it's written I'm thinking it's not required but rather they are trying to discourage people from attending. Anyone know?

acptulsa
04-02-2008, 10:52 AM
They certainly make it sound mandatory. Sad bit of business.

INforRP
04-02-2008, 10:59 AM
Well it does say all delegates WILL pay, not must pay. Then they say all the money has to be submitted through them, which sounds like they are responsible for it not us. They give some trumped up idea that if all the money isn't in, none of our delegates will count, which again sounds bogus.

I'm hoping Melissa, our coordinator, knows the real scoop.

Sandra
04-02-2008, 11:02 AM
We had to pay a fee too.

NeoRayden
04-02-2008, 11:39 AM
From what I understand all delegates are responsible for their own fees. The $80 is payable to the county because some county chapters pay for some delegates.

In Liberty For Humanity,
------------------------------------
Michael Strauss
La Porte County for Ron Paul Coordinator
http://www.ronpaulischange.com

bergstrom
04-02-2008, 02:45 PM
From the Indiana GOP Rules:

Rule 9-9. All State Convention delegates elected in the Primary Election and all
appointments made under Rule 9-8 must be certified in writing on the two (2) forms
prescribed by the State Committee to the Secretary of the State Committee by 5:00
p.m. (Indianapolis time) on Tuesday, two (2) weeks following the May Primary. The
only exception is provided for in Rule 9-10. The delegate fees must accompany the
certified list of delegates or the certified list of delegates will not be accepted.

Rule 9-21. The delegate fees are to be paid by the County Chairman of each county
in a lump sum for the total number of delegates allocated to the county based on
Rule 9-3.

Rule 9-22. Delegate fees are to be paid by 5:00 p.m. (Indianapolis time) on
Tuesday, two (2) weeks following the Primary Elections.

Rule 9-23. The schedule of filing fees for State Convention delegates shall be
determined by resolution adopted by the State Committee.

There is no specification on who pays the fees... but to me it makes sense that delegates would pay to participate. The GOP is a private organization, they do have to raise money to operate. Additionally, it demonstrates that you are invested (pun intended) in providing for the good of the republican party.

NeoRayden
04-02-2008, 10:44 PM
Very Interesting. That could be useful for those that cannot afford to pay the fee.

NeoRayden
04-02-2008, 10:51 PM
I came across this:

Rule 9-20. An assessment fee will be required from all delegates as a qualification
for eligibility to attend and participate in the State Convention. The payment of the
fee or the failure to pay the fee shall be included in the report of the State
Convention.