PDA

View Full Version : sitting on five million

theantirobot
04-02-2008, 09:23 AM
Is the campaign sitting on five million dollars? Donations have pretty much stopped. There's been a steady decline, until the last three days have been zero.

Could the campaign be waiting until all the delegates to the national convention are selected? Could they then market directly to them? Will there be a list? Five million would go a long way to send out literature to such a small bunch.

I'd imagine that we could make a convincing case for supporting Ron Paul as the nominee based on his message, fund raising performance, and everything that has happened in spite of a media blackout.

Would Ron Paul himself pointing out a media blackout be too much? Would it be too much to say to the national delegates, "This was how my campaign performed with 1/245th of the media time Mike Huckabee received. How will we perform as the nominee?"

I predict a spontaneous money bomb of 12 million the day Ron Paul receives the nomination.

Kade
04-02-2008, 09:26 AM
Is the campaign sitting on five million dollars? Donations have pretty much stopped. There's been a steady decline, until the last three days have been zero.

Could the campaign be waiting until all the delegates to the national convention are selected? Could they then market directly to them? Will there be a list? Five million would go a long way to send out literature to such a small bunch.

I'd imagine that we could make a convincing case for supporting Ron Paul as the nominee based on his message, fund raising performance, and everything that has happened in spite of a media blackout.

Would Ron Paul himself pointing out a media blackout be too much? Would it be too much to say to the national delegates, "This was how my campaign performed with 1/245th of the media time Mike Huckabee received. How will we perform as the nominee?"

I predict a spontaneous money bomb of 12 million the day Ron Paul receives the nomination.

I think he should just use the money to buy off the delegates.

theantirobot
04-02-2008, 09:33 AM
Perhaps he could send them all the latest video ipod loaded with Ron Paul videos.

gerryb
04-02-2008, 05:41 PM
Perhaps he could send them all the latest video ipod loaded with Ron Paul videos.

+1

But just a DVD, plus 5-10 books from "Ron Paul's Reading List".

Grassroots could/should do this. With each book include a resolution to think about and pass, for example Creature from Jekyll Island = attach Abolish the Fed resolution.

amy31416
04-02-2008, 05:45 PM
He wants to stay in until the convention, right? So, he has to be conservative with the money to make it last as long as he needs to, to get the message out. Realistically, there aren't going to be any multi-million money bombs anymore.

kirkblitz
04-02-2008, 05:50 PM
maybe the plan is to use it to fund the bob barr race if he endorses him?