PDA

View Full Version : Will You Fire The Next Shot Heard ’Round’Round the World?

Doktor_Jeep
04-02-2008, 12:00 AM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/perry/perry42.html

Will You Fire The Next Shot Heard ’Round’Round the World?

by Greg Perry

"By the rude bridge that arched the flood,
Their flag to April's breeze unfurled,
Here once the embattled farmers stood
And fired the shot heard round the world."

~ Concord Hymn, 1837, Ralph Waldo Emerson

April 19th is coming up fast.

Throughout American history a lot happened on April 19th. Americans can associate much pride to that fateful date; sadly, Americans can also associate their share of shame.

Consider for a moment these tide-turning events:

The Battle of Lexington and Concord at the Old North Bridge in Concord, Massachusetts, began April 19th in 1775. This is the fight about which Emerson wrote so eloquently; it was the beginning of the Revolutionary War that resulted in America gaining her independence.
Easter Sunday falls on April 19th more than any other date.
In 1933, Franklin D. Roosevelt abandoned the gold standard (and the Constitution).
Exactly 43 years later, the same liberal open-minded Democratic President’s Executive Order 9066 that sent ethnic groups to prison camps was finally rescinded.
The Bay of Pigs invasion took place in 1961.
April 19, 1993 Janet Reno and her ATF soul-mates firebombed a child-filled church in Waco, Texas, slaughtering 81 women, children, and men, in the congregation so Americans could be safe from harm. While the church burned, Janet Nero played her fiddle.
Exactly two years later, Timothy McVeigh bombed the Oklahoma City Murrah Federal Building murdering slightly more than twice the number of people Janet Reno murdered in Waco.
(I’ll leave it as an exercise to the reader to determine which of these April 19th events should be honored with pride and which should be shunned in shame.)

How Will You Celebrate April 19, 2008?

How do you honor important dates in history?

I prefer to honor pivotal dates by making a difference. I honor important historical dates and the memories of those who suffered on them by doing my part to make America better.

As an example, I honored last September 11th by purchasing a brand new M1A .308 caliber rifle. Lew published my 2007 tribute to 9/11 here.

If you’re like most Americans, not only do you do nothing to honor important historical dates, you are a recovering public school graduate who barely even knows important historical dates. I fall into that same category! Fortunately, I am a recovering public school graduate so take comfort in knowing there is hope for the hopeless.

On April 19th this year you can begin honoring those dates.

On April 19th this year you can begin a lifelong journey to make a difference so those who went before you didn’t labor in vain.

On April 19th this year you can feel more like a red-blooded, once-again proud, apple-pie-eating, flag-waving American and become the best citizen you could dream of being.

On April 19th this year you can invest in your country’s future spending virtually no money whatsoever.

Are you ready to get off the couch? Are you ready to put down that tattered copy of Atlas Shrugged? Are you ready to enter the Hall of Famers right alongside Patrick Henry?

Spend a Short Weekend at the Appleseed Project!

Riflemen are the means that brought about America’s independence. A pistol is a defensive weapon but it doesn’t win wars (unless you have an army of Sergeant Yorks and even when Sergeant York was in the Army there was only one of him; we haven’t had well-trained marksmen, in general, since). Hopefully you know how to use your pistol but as Boston T and others explain so well, when taking fire your pistol is what you use to get to your rifle which you should have had in your hands before the fight broke out.

If you own a rifle, you are a rifle owner. Most rifle owners (men and women) are not riflemen. Most rifle owners cannot hit a cantaloupe from 100 yards. If you can shoot your rifle, you are a rifleman. If you cannot, you are a victim. It’s worse to be a victim when you own a rifle than when you don’t own a rifle. At least the latter category has a poor excuse.

Most rifle owners are little more than victims waiting to happen when international forces begin patrolling American streets as they thought they would do back on April 19, 1775.

I’m not trying to belittle you. I am stating facts. To prove my sincerity, I am not going to hide behind my lofty words – I, too, am a victim. I doubt I can hit a cantaloupe at 100 yards. But that is going to change.

You can take an expensive rifle class. There’s a much better option, but taking an expensive rifle class would most likely not be a waste of money – it would be an investment in your future and the future of generations who come after you whom you then train. But you don’t need an expensive rifle class to be a rifleman.

Oh have I got a deal for you!

You only need a rifle – just about any will do. Remember that $100 SKS you bought back in the early 1990s and put under your bed thinking you’ll practice Real Soon Now? That’ll work fine. You will only need a few hundred rounds of ammo – and most of that can be out of one cheap box of .22 ammo you get at Wal-Mart (in free states) for $20 or so. You’ll need about $70 for expenses. (Most rifle classes cost $70 per hour). Finally, you’ll need to get yourself (and a carload of friends) to an Appleseed Project located all across America in less than 3 weeks from now on April 19th.

The purpose of the Appleseed Project is to raise up American Riflemen once again. The purpose is to gather a group of rifle owners – victims – on Saturday morning and turn them into Riflemen by Sunday afternoon. More than likely, this means you qualify. If you love your country and your freedom enough to cough up the sub-$100 fee, a box of .22 ammo, a couple of hundred rounds of a little longer-range ammo, and a couple of rifles (borrow a .22 and/or a longer-range rifle if you need to), you will be a Rifleman by April 21st.

This April 19th there will be fourteen Appleseed Project classes spread across America. Only victims who want to change their future need apply. You can find the closest one here. Load up a group of your friends, people like you and me who talk about our loss of freedoms but don’t really do much about it, and get to an Appleseed Project.

I Won’t Be There…

At the risk of sounding hypocritical, I won’t be joining you at an Appleseed Project event this April 19th. I have a good excuse but I envy those of you who care enough to be there.

I’m not playing hooky. Many months ago I signed up for a combat rifle class taking place in Alabama to celebrate April 19th this year. I signed up before I learned about this year’s April 19th Appleseed Project events. Face it though I’m still participating to become a better American and I’m honoring those who proudly worked to make this country better throughout the history of April 19ths.

My rifle class exclusively teaches how to use those commie-pinko AK-47 "assault rifles." AKs are those rifles that always work and whose 7.62x39 caliber ammo doesn’t bounce off glass the way finicky .223 pea-shooters do. Well-rounded and truly capable Americans want to keep his and her skills honed both at long-range rifle distances as well as short-range carbine-like distances out to about 300 yards. I’m working on the second area first just because I happened to have signed up and sent my money before I learned about Appleseed. You’ve got to admit, I could have a worse excuse to not practice what the rest of this article preaches.

Now even though I do like my AK more than fine wine, my first love of steel will always be that all-American M1A that is nipping at my heels anxious to be used at an Appleseed Project later this year. I’m hoping that a July 4th Appleseed is scheduled somewhere. What a way to glorify the honor of those who died for our freedoms. My second-preferred date would be September 11th.

My excuse for missing the April 19th Appleseed Project for absolute beginning red-blooded patriotic Americans isn’t a bad one. What is your excuse? Unless you’re at Gunsite, Thunder Ranch, US Shooting Academy, Front Sight, or with me at Suarez International, maybe you don’t have a good excuse to miss the April 19th Appleseed event closest to you.

Maybe it’s time to put your ammo where your mouth is.

Do You Promise to Do Your Duty?

Lew Rockwell-types are often portrayed in various ways as being un-American. I know you laugh at that considering how pro-Constitution you are while those who mock you would rather wipe their backsides with the Constitution than read its simple and clear words.

Each Appleseed Project taking place across the country on April 19th costs about as much as the tickets you paid for your family to see I Am Legend and A Scanner Darkly plus those Ayn Rand books you have on your shelves. The difference is that on April 21st, you will be able to hit a man-sized target at 500 yards, a skill that our American Revolutionary soldiers and almost every private citizen the first 200 years of our country’s history had by the time they were 12.

God willing and if the creek don’t rise, April 21st will be here in less than 3 weeks and so will you. Today you have two choices and the one you choose decides your stature on Monday, April 21st:

On April 21st you can still be part of a growing problem, you can still be wallowing in excuses, and you can still be rubbing the fabric down on that couch in front of your television.
On April 21st you can have newfound skills that will change your entire outlook, skills that will infiltrate your very being, skills that will inculcate your whole manner, and skills that will strengthen your character.
On April 21st you can be a better American, one who doesn’t just give lip service to our country’s fallen condition but one who actually did something about it. You will be that American, and a proud American, if on April 19th you take the simple and virtually no-cost step to become a Rifleman.

"A good shot must necessarily be a good man since the essence of good marksmanship is self-control and self-control is the essential quality of a good man." ~ Colonel Jeff Cooper

April 2, 2008

Greg Perry [send him mail] is the pistol-packing author of more than 75 books. He loves to combine his favorite hobby – guns – with his second favorite – online auctions – by teaching others how to buy and sell firearms, knives, and ammo in online auctions legally and easily! eBay may not respect your freedoms but the free market does. You can comfortably buy and sell weapons-related items in a simpler-than-eBay environment by getting his profit-boosting book, Guns Galore! How to Buy and Sell Guns, Knives, and Ammo in Online Auctions Easily Without eBay!

xd9fan
04-02-2008, 02:22 PM
Get ready because McCain is self rightous and will love to use the full force of the Govt......"for our own good"

LiveToWin
04-02-2008, 02:33 PM
Wake Up Boys, Theres A Light At The Window.

I Can Hear Someone Knocking On The Door.

There Are Voices In The Street, And The Sound Of Running Feet.

And They Whisper The Word...

REVOLUTION...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0zp9uX9B6I

I Feel It, Do You Feel It?

Deep Down In, Your Spirit.

Theres No Need, To Fear It.

The Revolutions Coming Soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNZrAe0IuNk&feature=related

SL89
04-02-2008, 07:47 PM
Doktor you are on a roll! Keep these coming. I have been shooting for years and this is great advice.

SL89
04-02-2008, 07:50 PM
LiveToWin, Good vids. Thanks!

Doktor_Jeep
04-03-2008, 12:29 AM
Doktor you are on a roll! Keep these coming. I have been shooting for years and this is great advice.

Nah!

The power of the internet is in the decentralization. Notice I have a link up there at the start of the post? This article comes from LewRockwell.com - a great site and that is the place where I found out about Ron Paul 8 years ago.

I cannot write good articles like that, lest I give in to my tendency to beat people over the head with their own ignorance.

nayjevin
04-03-2008, 01:08 AM
very entertaining writing style, i liked it!

grayangel
04-03-2008, 02:26 AM
Nah!

The power of the internet is in the decentralization. Notice I have a link up there at the start of the post? This article comes from LewRockwell.com - a great site and that is the place where I found out about Ron Paul 8 years ago.

I cannot write good articles like that, lest I give in to my tendency to beat people over the head with their own ignorance.

I love lewrockwell.com

And I'm making my husband take me to learn to shoot his rifle on the 19th, by the way. Thanks -- I've been looking for an excuse for awhile now! :D

TruckinMike
04-06-2008, 05:57 PM
No excuses -- here is this years schedule:

Grandfield, OK—April 12 & 13 Information or Register
Searsboro, Iowa—April 19 & 20 Information or Register
Freedom, IN —April 19 & 20 Information or Register
Lexington, KY—April 19 & 20 Canceled range closed
Ramseur, NC —April 19 & 20 Information or Register
Piru, CA —April 19 & 20 Information or Register
Ottawa, IL —April 19 & 20 SOLD OUT
Harvard, MA—April 19 & 20 Information or Register
Canon City, CO—April 19 & 20 Information or Register
Pensacola, FL—April 19 & 20 Information or Register
Davilla, TX—April 19 & 20 Information or Register
Myakka Ctiy, FL—April 19 & 20 Information or Register
Nephi, UT—April 19 & 20 Information or Register
Tonapah, AZ—April 19 & 20 Information or Register
Lexington, IN—April 19 & 20 Information or Register
Toccoa, GA—April 19 & 20 Information or Register

Proctor, VT—April 26 & 27
Information or Register
Knob Creek, KY—April 26 & 27 Information or Register
Three Forks, MT—May 3 & 4 Information or Register
Ridgecrest, CA —May 3 & 4 Information or Register
Jackson, MS—May 3 & 4 Information or Register
Davilla, TX—May 10 & 11 Information or Register
Jackson Hole , WY—May 10 & 11 Information or Register
Cedar City, UT—May 17 & 18 Information or Register
Athens, OH—May 24 & 25 Information or Register
Shiocton, WI—May 24 & 25 Information or Register
Van Etten, NY—May 24 & 25 Information or Register
Mechanicsville, VA—May 24& 25 Information or Register
Kemmerer, WY—May 31& June 1 Information or Register
Bloomington, IL—May 31& June 1 Information or Register
New Castle, WY—June 7 & 8 Information or Register
Yakima, WA—June 7 & 8 Information or Register
Canton/Minerva, OH—June 7 & 8 Information or Register
Davilla, TX—June 14 & 15 Information or Register
Searsboro, Iowa —June 14 & 15 Information or Register
Wabash, IN—June 14 & 15 Information or Register
Vale, Oregon —June 21& 22 Information or Register
Evansville, IN—June 21& 22 Information or Register
Ramseur, North Carolina—July 4 & 6 (3-day event) Information or Register
Throop, NY—July 12 & 13 Information or Register
Jericho, VT—July 19 & 20 Information or Register
Kemmerer, WY —Aug 2 & 3 Information or Register
Davilla, TX—Aug 16 & 17 Information or Register
Ramseur, North Carolina—August 30& 31 Information or Register
Ottawa, IL—Sept 6& 7 Information or Register
Puryear, TN—Sept 13 & 14 Information or Register
Davilla, TX—Sept 20 & 21 Information or Register
Proctor, VT—Sept 27& 28 Information or Register
Hinesville, GA—October 4 & 5 Information or Register
Boulder City, NV (Las Vegas)—October 11& 12 Information or Register
Yakima, WA—Oct 18 & 19 Information or Register
Davilla, TX—Oct 18 & 19 Information or Register
Wabash, IN—Oct 18 & 19 Information or Register
Osage Beach, MO—October 25 & 26 Information or Register
Knob Creek, KY—October 25 & 26 Information or Register
Fallon, NV—November 1& 2 Information or Register
Myakka Ctiy, FL—November 1& 2 Information or Register
Davilla, TX—November 8 & 9 Information or Register
Toccoa, GA—November 8 & 9 Information or Register
Mechanicsville, VA—November 22 & 23 Information or Register
Davilla, TX—Dec 6 & 7 Information or Register

Some are booked up, so please sign up in advance.

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

You will be glad you made it. You will not find a more America loving and patriotic (in the real sense of the word) group of folks.

If you don't know who Isaac Davis was you WILL, if you don't know what MOA is you WILL, if you don't know what happened at the North Bridge - you WILL, and if you don't know how many MOA a man sized target is at 500 yards...YOU WILL!

Attend an Appleseed -- and experience a really FUN weekend.:D

And in the words of a man who was there....(in 1775)

"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." - Captain John Parker of the Lexington Militia

TMike

PS- The Appleseed Shoot is brought to you by The Revolutionary War Veterans Associationhttp://www.rwva.org

.http://www.rwva.info/images/paulreveresteeplepic.jpg

ItsTime
04-06-2008, 06:05 PM
none in NH??

TruckinMike
04-06-2008, 06:41 PM
NOTE: the RWVA is a 501c(3) non-profit organizatioon, its run solely by volunteers.

Every Appleseed is instructed by UN-Paid volunteers. The RWVA has an instructor training program if you would like to help the cause. They need more instructors as they grow.

Here is the Instructor Bootcamp schedule:

Ramseur, NC - Feb 17-24 Information or Register
Three Forks, MT- April 27-May 3 Information or Register
Ramseur, NC - June 28 - July 6 Information or Register
Kemmerer, WY - July 29 - Aug 3 Information or Register
Ramseur, NC - August 24 -31 Information or Register
Osage Beach, MO - October 19-26 Information or Register
Davilla, TX -Nov 2-9

Some instructors drive 500-600 miles just to instruct the Appleseed shoots - thats what part of the $70 pays for(gas). So feel greatful that there are real American patriots Acting and not just talking. This group is the real deal!

It will be an Appleseeder that stands up and saves this country. Join the fight to save America an attend an Appleseed Shoot -- even if you have to drive 500 miles.

ps- there is one in Harvard, MA, on April 19th and two others later in the year at Proctor, VT, and Jerico, VT -- Less than 500 miles for sure.:D

TMike

GunnyFreedom
04-07-2008, 08:40 AM
Please do attend an Appleseed near you. I recommend doing this as much as I recommend voting for Ron Paul. Seriously. Attending an Appleseed is so important for everyone in the Liberty movement that I can hardly describe it. It is absolutely CRITICAL ladies and gents. And the quality of training there is something you'd be lucky to get elsewhere for a cool $1000. I'm being as serious as a heart attack.

Please go to http://www.appleseedinfo.org/ and sign up now!