PDA

View Full Version : Here is the problem I'm having with spreading the word!

Billy Baro7
08-20-2007, 02:53 AM
Common Folks do not understand what the Primaries mean. Everyone who talks to me says there is no way Ron Paul is going to get elected president, cause no one knows who he is! Or I'm not going to vote for Ron Paul because there is no way he can win against Hillary, Obama, Romney ect ect. (Those Big Names) They fail to realize not all these people are running to be put on the republican ticket! They just think Presidential elections. We need Ron Paul to win the Republican Party Presidential primaries of 2008! How can we get people to understand this????

How do we get these people to vote and get involved in the Primaries?

Is anyone else having this problem?

Maybe some one who has the time can explain this here so I can explain it to them. I just can't get it into there heads what is going on! Cause When I explain it, they look at me like deer looking into headlights! Huh Primaries!!!!

Maybe I should read this to them!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_primary

I just don't think people understand how important it is to get Ron Paul Elected for the the Republican Party! I don't think anyone I have talked to has ever been involved in something like this. They just sit around and wait for the Presidential elections!

trispear
08-20-2007, 03:17 AM
Explain to them that a very low percentage of people vote in the primaries. For instance, it is a very possible for Dr. Paul to win New Hampshire with as few as 15 thousand votes. Once it is wittled down to two candidates, Democrat vs. Republican, everybody will know who the two candidates are.

Also refer to the fact that Dr. Paul is exceptionally well-known to the hard-core voters, on the internet, and he just needs the support of a few thousand voters in each state. Each vote counts. THEIR VOTE COUNTS. Much more than the general election. Make them understand their CHOICE for a good candidate LIVES OR DIES at the primaries. The general election is only the end game. Like a real sport game, if they do not play the first 3 quarters, they will lose regardless.

If they want to wait to next November, ask them if they enjoy voting for the lesser of two evils, because they are still voting for evil.

Also, Carter and Clinton, were both polling around 1% at this time in their first election cycle. Presidential Candidates are not chosen by Providence, but by the blood, sweat, and tears of their supporters from now till January. Don't let the media dictate the choices to us! The owners have an agenda that does not align with the average persons and they would very much like to see their status quo maintained.

Finally tell them that no other Republican has a chance of winning against an opposing party. It is not just the Iraq war, we need someone that is obviously untainted by Washington Politics. At the end of this administration, people will want a "change". This is often seen as the opposite party, but many people know that is politics as usual and no real change happens. Dr. Paul is their man, he IS change.

I think a "Yes, he CAN win!" flyer should be made:) (Maybe if I have time....)

foofighter20x
08-20-2007, 03:19 AM
Simply tell them that they are thinking too far ahead.

The primaries is a part of the nominating process. For every state Ron Paul wins the primary, that's 3 delegates per that state's federal House members. The more primaries against other GOPers running, which is a very attainable goal, the more delegates we get at the nominating convention... and these guys would be bound to vote for us, or so that's my understanding. The more delegates, the more likely we get the nomination.

Look at it this way... the more of the big, liberal states we get where we can scoop up cross over votes, the more likely we can take the nomination.