08-20-2007, 02:25 AM
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/about/

Yeah bitches!:cool:

ZandarKoad
08-20-2007, 06:31 AM
35,000 on Meetup, and 35 are active. :(

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-20-2007, 06:49 AM
Baghdad has 25 members now. Go, Baghdad!

0zzy
08-20-2007, 07:29 AM
35,000 on Meetup, and 35 are active. :(

True. I haven't joined any meetings, I need a car :).

itsnobody
08-20-2007, 07:37 AM
But only 30k in the US....

0zzy
08-20-2007, 07:50 AM
But only 30k in the US....

America has an Empire, a lot of the oversees people are Americans and can vote. Silly ;).

Matt Collins
08-20-2007, 10:58 AM
a lot of the oversees people are Americans and can vote. Silly ;).Unfortunately I think a lot of absentee ballots are not counted often... :mad:

noxagol
08-20-2007, 11:15 AM
Unfortunately I think a lot of absentee ballots are not counted often... :mad:

Not really. They are only counted with effect if the race is close, which I think is stupid. EVERY vote should be counted.

Bradley in DC
08-20-2007, 11:19 AM
Not really. They are only counted with effect if the race is close, which I think is stupid. EVERY vote should be counted.

I have voted absentee ballot from overseas from three different countries and they have always been counted. It's the law.

robatsu
08-20-2007, 11:38 AM
This number is very inflated. If you start sifting through users profiles, like I've been doing to get some word out to Maryland meetups, you start finding that a lot, like well upwards of 30 percent of the people in these meetups have multiple membership, some people are literally showing up in dozens of RPmeetup groups.

I would at least deprecate the number by 20 or 30 percent. But it applies probably as well to other candidates counts as well, unless RP supporters have a greater tendency to join multiple meetups - this may indeed be the case.

jb4ronpaul
08-20-2007, 11:54 AM
I wondered about that too myself, but I would hope those numbers are unique users, which should easily be counted.

Eli
08-20-2007, 11:57 AM
Think about this. There are about 3,700 cities in the united states. There are about 250 major ones. We are in EVERY major US city. There are about 400 large cities. We are in nearly EVERY large city in the US. We are also in a good percentage of medium and small cities. With the low turnouts for primary votings if every meetup group does some local campaigning in their area and spreads the word to just their city and the people in the small towns around it with signs and such. Ron paul will be ALL over the united states. We won't even need the msm. :)

That seems to be what everyone is already doing and as it gets closer to the primaries the activity will rise more and more everyday. Also new members and momentum is increasing exponentially. If the "scientific" polls are actually correct and they truely measure a candidates support and we're at 2-3% thats VERY good news. That means all we have to do is tell about 30-50 people each. I've personally already convinced over 30 people to become big supporters of him and definitely vote. They aren't in meetup groups or on the internet but they are already telling all their friends and coworkers. It's spreading like wildfire!

Granted we don't have a lot of time, 5 months is NOT enough time to pull off a solid win. But things are growing so fast, and every supporter is turning into at least 10 supporters within a couple months. God knows where we'll be in 3 months from now. Just remember, the harder the few of us work right now the bigger and more exponential the movement will be around primary season. At this rate it's going to be nuts!

hard@work
08-20-2007, 01:07 PM
I'd like to see more discussion on how to double this number and less on the statistic itself.

;-)

jj111
08-20-2007, 01:12 PM
I'd like to see more discussion on how to double this number and less on the statistic itself.

;-)

If you put on your flyers meetup info and website and encourage them to join, that is one way to grow your group.