PDA

View Full Version : How did YOU get here?

spacehabitats
04-01-2008, 05:59 PM
What's your story?
How did you become a Paulite?
Was it an accident?
Were you convinced by a pamphlet, a book, an advertisement?
Did you have a sudden epiphany?
Were you part of an organization that had a clue?
Had you been thinking about these issues for years but thought you were alone?
Were you persuaded to investigate Ron Paul by a friend?
Did you come from the Left? Right? Libertarian? Progressive? Conservative?

Are there more of "you" out there? How can they be found or converted?
Can you be duplicated?

P.S. And if you are a CFR infiltrator, how were you recruited? How much are you paid? How does your handler communicate with you?;)

Inquiring minds want to know.

Corydoras
04-01-2008, 06:14 PM
You mean like in this thread with 783 posts?
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=32

Introduce yourself! Who, What, Where, Why!

Here's my story, as I put it in other posts months ago:

Like many people, Ron Paul broke into my consciousness in debate when Rudy Giuliani aimed at him in debate claimed never to have heard of blowback. I was startled, because I hadn't been paying attention to the propaganda in the MSM and I thought everybody knew it was about blowback. I hadn't realized that the lie was being perpetrated that "they hate us because we're rich and we're free."

I had heard of the American Freedom Agenda shortly before the debate, in Naomi Wolf's April article about fascism in the U.K. Guardian. When I looked into Ron Paul, I was excited to find out that he had been the first presidential candidate to sign onto it. (And is still the only one other than John Cox.)

For a few more days, I read a little more about Ron Paul's positions on places like ontheissues and votesmart, and then my support was sealed.

He strongly opposes the Patriot Act, the Military Commissions Act, the Real ID Act, and HIPAA, and strongly supports the return of habeas corpus and posse comitatus.

For me, it's just that simple.

spacehabitats
04-01-2008, 06:34 PM
Yeah like that, thanks.

RSLudlum
04-01-2008, 06:41 PM
Saw him back in 2002?? on Bill Moyers and really struck a chord with me, then saw him in Freedom to Fascism google vid in 2006 and it all clicked....Found out he was running last year and I was all in!!! :)

TastyWheat
04-01-2008, 07:29 PM
I liked Ron Paul from the start, but I didn't fully accept him until I heard how much the war was hurting our economy. Like most people money matters take precedence for me.

I guess I was a neo-con before I converted. Sean Hannity was my hero, but now he makes me sick.

kyleAF
04-01-2008, 08:46 PM
Austrian economics.

And I'm pretty much a Libertarian, so everything clicked pretty well.

smileylovesfreedom
04-01-2008, 08:49 PM
:(
What's your story?
How did you become a Paulite?
Was it an accident?
Were you convinced by a pamphlet, a book, an advertisement?
Did you have a sudden epiphany?
Were you part of an organization that had a clue?
Had you been thinking about these issues for years but thought you were alone?
Were you persuaded to investigate Ron Paul by a friend?
Did you come from the Left? Right? Libertarian? Progressive? Conservative?

Are there more of "you" out there? How can they be found or converted?
Can you be duplicated?

P.S. And if you are a CFR infiltrator, how were you recruited? How much are you paid? How does your handler communicate with you?;)

Inquiring minds want to know.

I've been a supporter since the late 1990s. I was in college at that time and generally interested in politics. When I looked at the voting records, I noticed that there was always someone voting "no" (i.e. 432-1). Not too long after, I received a letter in the mail requesting funds for his 1998 campaign for a congressman in TX, Ron Paul. I thought it was a little odd since I was in Iowa but I read his letter and remembered his record and sent in $25 dollars. I also remember reading some things he wrote in libertarian-leaning publicatons - I was very impressed that he was a non-interventionist and opposed much of Clinton's foreign policy blunders. After college, I got caught up in the work world and didn't spend as much time following politics and drifted into political apathy (for me) - I would still show up at the polls in Nov - vote mostly 3rd party or wrote in "mickey mouses" :p - maybe send $10 dollars to a promising local candidate - but not much else. No volunteering, etc...

Fast forward 10 years...

I didn't realize he was running for president until in October 2007 when I saw a bumper sticker. I was working long hours and out of the country for most of the first part of 2007 so I didn't realize who was running for president until the fall. Of course, I remembered who he was from college and signed up to help with the local campaign activities the next day. And, I'm still around. I now plan to help with local campaigns of Ron Paul-like candidates, will attend a few GOP conventions as a delegate, and keep the revolution moving forward. Right now, I see this huge crack in the GOP facade that I think we can take advantage of and really take over the party and make our best effort to work within the system as long as we can.

Moral of my story - avoid drifting into political apathy.... We did not become freer when I was asleep from 1999-2007. In fact, I woke up again with less rights, dead friends and family members who perished in a pointless war :( and a dollar that will soon be worth less than a Canadian penny ;)

If I have one word of advice is - keep involved - there are campaigns, candidates and parties (GOP or 3rd or independent) that need you to help with money and time. Don't go down without a fight and yes, it does make a difference. :cool:

Theriot
04-01-2008, 09:23 PM
From one of the debates.

christagious
04-01-2008, 09:35 PM
First off, I have to say that I'm 22, pretty young. Reason why that's important is because since high school I always considered myself an "extreme liberal" because I hated Bush, was against the war, and various other neo-con atrocities. With this election I saw that Kucinich and Paul were both against the war so I knew that I'd end up supporting one of them, ends up that after doing research that I'm not liberal at all, I misunderstood completely what true conservatism is (ex: not Bush), and I'm more of a paleoconservative/libertarian. If it wasn't for Ron Paul I'd probably still be fairly brainwashed and considering myself to be liberal and I'd probably end up voting for Obama. But since I joined these forums and learned about the CFR, NWO, NAU, and whatnot I'll never be the same.

I think I'm more paranoid than Dale Gribbel nowadays.

That's my story.

soapmistress
04-01-2008, 09:48 PM
A debate group for moms on MySpace introduced me to Ron Paul. It was just a thread that said "what do you guys think of Ron Paul?" so I googled him!

nate895
04-01-2008, 09:52 PM
I was an avid war supporter that didn't like Bush because he didn't do what I thought needed doing in Iraq (i.e. massive carpet bombing and getting the hell out). I then discovered that I liked state sovereignty a couple years back. Then Ron Paul came along and I finally stopped liking crap like the PATRIOT Act and other federal power grabs, so I started to support him in November.

weslinder
04-02-2008, 07:36 AM
He's the congressman for the district next to mine, so I have heard of him off and on for a while. I generally liked his ideas on the economy, but I kinda thought he was a radical. Sound money didn't even make my radar. I was a conservative who was against the War in Iraq, not because of principled non-interventionism, but because I knew Iraq couldn't really hurt us and I thought we had a job to finish in Afghanistan. Then I worked with a guy who ran for Congress as a Libertarian who would rave on and on about Ron Paul. I began watching his speeches on C-SPAN, reading his writings, and finding myself in agreement with all of it.

I guess I was a moderate neo-con (if there are such things) before Dr. Paul cured my apathy.

Zippyjuan
04-02-2008, 11:18 PM
I thought somebody said there would be free food. I am still looking for the doughnuts. That's why I came here.