PDA

View Full Version : CNN beats FauxNews in 1st Quarter

hayeksrevenge
04-01-2008, 11:28 AM
Congratulations Ron Paul supporters... our boycott of FauxNews has allowed CNN to beat Fox for the first time in recent memory.

NewYork Times
April 1, 2008, 10:44 am
Thanks To Debates and Primaries, CNN Beats Fox News In First Quarter (AND TO RON PAUL SUPPORTERS)

By The New York Times

Bill Carter reports: “The political season continues to be very good to CNN, which will officially announce on Tuesday that for the first time since 2001, it managed to beat the Fox News Channel in prime time for one quarter of the year in the category of news viewers most desirable to advertisers, according to Nielsen.”

“Thanks to its debate coverage and heavy focus on the presidential primaries, CNN’s ratings in prime time for viewers 25 to 54 were up 90 percent, to an average of 453,000 for the first quarter of 2008. That was enough to edge past the perennial leader, Fox, which had 438,000 viewers, up 12 percent from last year. MSNBC also had a strong quarter in prime time, growing 68 percent to 329,000 viewers.”

Midnight77
04-01-2008, 11:50 AM
Can we see any substantial evidence that we were the cause of this, like you claim? I'm still overjoyed by the outcome, though.

DAFTEK
04-01-2008, 12:40 PM
Lets say it!

FU FRANK!
FU FOX!
FU HANICRAP
F THEM ALL :)

Ohh and FU McPain :p

Paulitician
04-01-2008, 12:47 PM
Meh, all the news channels are equally as bad.

yongrel
04-01-2008, 12:51 PM
Forgive me for being highly skeptical that "our boycott" had anything to do with this.

nate895
04-01-2008, 12:56 PM
Forgive me for being highly skeptical that "our boycott" had anything to do with this.

When CNN beat Fox by 15,000 viewers, I am sure that our boycott had something to do with it. If everyone on these forums and just a couple thousand more (at our height) had stayed watching Fox, they'd have edged out CNN.

Midnight77
04-01-2008, 02:31 PM
When CNN beat Fox by 15,000 viewers, I am sure that our boycott had something to do with it. If everyone on these forums and just a couple thousand more (at our height) had stayed watching Fox, they'd have edged out CNN.

But again, do we have any hard evidence to support that Ron Paul supporters, who didn't cause a dent in the Primaries, had anything to do with this? Do we have any survey research to suggest this?

If not, then I would discourage comments like this from hayeksrevenge ...

Congratulations Ron Paul supporters... our boycott of FauxNews has allowed CNN to beat Fox for the first time in recent memory.

nate895
04-01-2008, 02:35 PM
But again, do we have any hard evidence to support that Ron Paul supporters, who didn't cause a dent in the Primaries, had anything to do with this? Do we have any survey research to suggest this?

If not, then I would discourage comments like this from hayeksrevenge ...

Once again, the ratings difference was so small that the people who supported Dennis Kucinich in Michigan could have shifted the ratings.

Roxi
04-01-2008, 03:14 PM
it could also have something to do with the fact that with most satellite providers CNN comes with the basic package but you have to pay for FOX

nate895
04-01-2008, 03:17 PM
it could also have something to do with the fact that with most satellite providers CNN comes with the basic package but you have to pay for FOX

It comes with mine. That could have been most of the viewers, and then we put CNN over the top.

freedom-maniac
04-01-2008, 03:58 PM
Well considering we have about, what, 100,000 donors to the official campaign, and those and CNN beat out Fox by way less than that, it could be us. However, that might not be necessarily true. Many of the RP supporters who aren't on the forums a lot didn't even know about the Fox Boycott.

Plus CNN aired debates from both parties, and Fox had just the GOP debates, so it could be from a large number of Democratic viewers boycotting as well.

Anyways, it doesn't matter what the CAUSE of Fox's decline is, it's just how great the EFFECTS are going to be.

lucynuts
04-01-2008, 04:11 PM
I have been a Republican for a long time and watched Fox News almost exclusively however after the treatment Ron Paul had received and being disgusted I switched over to CNN. Sadly after Anderson Cooper hosted the last debate I have just altogether given up. The only shows I can tolerate now are Lou Dobbs and Glenn Beck.

SeanEdwards
04-01-2008, 04:25 PM
I don't watch any of those shitty channels anymore. I get my news from PBS. The news hour may not have given Ron the equal time he deserved, but at least they never paid talking heads to spew ad hominem attacks at the man.

The PBS News hour, the daily show and colbert show, and the internet is enough sources of current events for me. Besides, all the big 3 have been covering are the petty feud between Klintoon and Osamabomba. No reason for me to watch that trash.

SeanEdwards
04-01-2008, 04:29 PM
I have been a Republican for a long time and watched Fox News almost exclusively however after the treatment Ron Paul had received and being disgusted I switched over to CNN. Sadly after Anderson Cooper hosted the last debate I have just altogether given up. The only shows I can tolerate now are Lou Dobbs and Glenn Beck.

Lou Dobb's dismissively referred to Ron as a "kook", while Dobbs was in the process of stealing Ron's agenda issues, like the NAU. Lou Dobbs is a scumbag, and he's lost me as a viewer forever. He's an arrogant blowhard gasbag. I'd punch him in the nose if I met the prick in person.

Carole
04-01-2008, 04:34 PM
That is good news in a way. I have been watching portions of CNN-Cafferty and a couple other things and avoiding Fox 99 3/4 percent. Hope we can bring them further down.

Occasionally watch Glenn Beck because he often has some good content.

Wow! How surprising. I had no idea the viewership was so low for these networks. That is only a little over a million two hundred thousand people.

Carole
04-01-2008, 04:39 PM
Each person becomes two votes if we actually switch from Feaux News to CNN.

Minus one for Feaux and plus one for CNN.

That is a good thing to remember. Your VOTE is really two votes.

Carole
04-01-2008, 04:42 PM
Not here in WVa. I do not pay extra for Fox beyond basic cable which includes all three Cable news MSNBC, CNN, Fox, also MSNBC Headline news and MSNBC business channel.

sratiug
04-01-2008, 05:51 PM
I actually thought the FOX debates were more fair to Ron Paul, more than CNN...

Anderson Cooper will likely burn in hell for that last debate.

sratiug
04-01-2008, 06:01 PM
That is good news in a way. I have been watching portions of CNN-Cafferty and a couple other things and avoiding Fox 99 3/4 percent. Hope we can bring them further down.

Occasionally watch Glenn Beck because he often has some good content.

Wow! How surprising. I had no idea the viewership was so low for these networks. That is only a little over a million two hundred thousand people.

Prime time 25 to 54 years old. So there's more. I wonder how many people are exposed to the Ron Paul message every day through grass roots efforts to counteract the brainwashing.

NEPA_Revolution
04-01-2008, 08:13 PM
We need the Revolution to become televised. Fast.

speciallyblend
04-01-2008, 09:07 PM
I'm a fox viewer and i boycotted and blocked my fox channels so you can include me as a tipping point as well;) f____ fox

Jeremy
04-01-2008, 09:13 PM
it doesnt even come close really... i mean cnn is actually a little bit balanced

fox and msnbc are... no way they are

and the quality of Fox is just horrible... it feels like the late 90s