PDA

View Full Version : final cry to fight!!

squandertime
04-01-2008, 11:05 AM
ok, i am trying to get all the specifics right-

and i think i have got it almost straighten out in my head -

(i am fixing to call my county chairman and talk to her about my wanting to be a national delegate......so i am trying to get my head straight and my heart on flaming hot fire)

so - right now- all positions for the texas state committees are in the process of being filled. i am understanding that the nominating committee is the only committee that is voted in (by congressional district) caucussing- which happens on the saturday of the state convention for the next convention in 2010. is that correct?

and the state republican executive committee (SREC) are in charge of appointing the state committees like rules, resolutions, credentials....
for example, my good RP friend is trying to get on the state rules committee- he has stood on this committee before so he knows how to go about it. but it is hard to get on these state committees because each senate district gets to appoint 1 person from each senate district to the SREC. so obviously you would have to be familiar with all those that would run against you for that one spot......

but if when the state convention opens up all these committee chairs that are being filled now are temporary chairs. that, even though they are temporary, they are still doing the work in these committees before the convention starts- resolutions, credentials, rules.... but come convention we can vote out these people and vote in ron paul supporters. as some of texas counties have done during their county convention. which would be exciting- we would win a huge battle--> it would show we are motivated and active for sure. but to be extemely effective in 2010- we will have to double our support that has been gained in 2008 (and educate them about this whole process) for us to remain effectively in charge of texas GOP.

now i was discussing with him, my good friend, about us Paulites' proposal to vote out the rule that ties the national delegates to the winner of the state's primary. he said if we succeeded it would not count this national convention- because the rules cant be changed in the middle of the game. He did however suggest that if delegates at the national convention were not in attendance on the first ballot, then mccain wouldnt recieve all his necessary 1091 delegate votes. then the second ballot would be handed out and we can vote however we wish. however, some states require you to vote for the state's primary winner on the second ballot too, or the even the third and forth ballot......

its a strategy that can be implemented, it might work if enough folks are mad enough at Mccain......... and see the necessity of voting in ron paul.

this might very well be a viable working strategy if ron paul debated mccain. he is on glen beck tonight!! we will see his fighting face!! but i really would like to see him debate mccain. would he approve of a takeover- this is a battle in my opinion for our country's soul. i would fall at his feet imploring him to fight as he has never fought before! to see our leader take the helm and cry "Charge!" would be all that is necessary for this to manifest into reality.......... president ron paul

><> robin