PDA

View Full Version : We Must Support Bob Barr

libertad16
04-01-2008, 10:32 AM
OK guys, assuming that Bob Barr runs as a Libertarian and assuming Ron Paul endorses him....

We must throw our support behind him just like we did Ron Paul. We have to have a freedom candidate to vote for and if Barr can get over 5% it would be GREAT for our movement. I urge you, please support him.

Also - for those of you who are haters and are going to say "HE'S A NECON BECAUSE OF HOW HE VOTED IN THE PAST!", you have to realize that he has changed his stance on many many issues. That shows character, and now he is 100% pro-liberty and anti-war.

FreeTraveler
04-01-2008, 10:37 AM
I think it's a little early to pledge support. IF he declares, then it will be time to look at his platform. IF his platform passes muster, then ask me to support him.

Dr. Paul's endorsement is not necessary to me, although it would be a feather in his cap. I can form my own opinions.

JosephTheLibertarian
04-01-2008, 10:50 AM
What about the progressive alliance?

crazyfingers
04-01-2008, 10:54 AM
I don't see RP endorsing anyone. If he wanted to piss off the RNC he'd just run himself.

Kotin
04-01-2008, 11:03 AM
sorry but barr will never get enough to get into the debates

nor will he get 5%

hes in naders position, people here think he will get all of ron paul's suppot which he wont anyway, but when was that alot of people to begin with??

he wont be on the media EVER. was the LP candidate ever mentioned before?? NO.

nader has a better chance, sorry.

yongrel
04-01-2008, 11:09 AM
No. I will not endorse Bob Barr, I will not support Bob Barr, I will not donate to Bob Barr, I will not say a kind word in passing about Bob Barr.

If you are so desperate to support someone, support a real candidate. BJ Lawson, Jim Forsythe, Murray Sabrin, Amit Singh, Vern McKinley, Brent Sanders, Dean Santoro, and many more could use your support.

Akus
04-01-2008, 11:38 AM
I think it's a little early to pledge support. IF he declares, then it will be time to look at his platform. IF his platform passes muster, then ask me to support him....
and IF the Jesus party doesn't nominate Ron paul, then come talk to me as well.

amy31416
04-01-2008, 12:01 PM
Every time I see a title that says "YOU **MUST** DO X, Y, or Z," whether it's voting in a poll, voting for someone, donating to something, whatever, I always think to myself:

No I don't.

Hook
04-01-2008, 02:15 PM
I'm still a bit wary of Barr. It is hard for me to belive that he could just suddenly do a 180 on his belief systems when he joined the LP.
Of course, it is hard to belive that he joined the LP to get any kind of power, since the LP has none.
In any case, I am writing Dr. Paul in because he has the best voting record.

DeadtoSin
04-01-2008, 02:16 PM
I'm writing in Ron Paul I think...

Roxi
04-01-2008, 02:40 PM
I'm still a bit wary of Barr. It is hard for me to belive that he could just suddenly do a 180 on his belief systems when he joined the LP.
Of course, it is hard to belive that he joined the LP to get any kind of power, since the LP has none.
In any case, I am writing Dr. Paul in because he has the best voting record.

+1000

adam1mc
04-01-2008, 03:00 PM
Ron Paul for me....