PDA

View Full Version : NolanChart: Alaska Converts McCain Delegates to Ron Paul

freedom-maniac
04-01-2008, 07:05 AM
A letter from Evan Cutler - Girdwood, Alaska, District 32 Delegate for Ron Paul

Here in Alaska we grew a group of delegates after our primaries into the Alaska Ron Paul Delegates meetup. In that group we pulled together about 70 of our 110 or so Ron Paul delegates in order to work and communicate together for the seven weeks before the state convention.
We did one project that I think bears replication, both for states with pending State Conventions, but also, and most importantly, on a national level, before the St. Paul Convention. First, we realized that mainstream media had been almost completely ignoring Dr. Paul.

According to my own study, which I can provide to Nolan Chart, of the 2,188 mainstream media stories about presidential candidates between January 14th and February 10th, only 4 were about Dr. Ron Paul. Contrast that to:

756 stories about Hillary Clinton
760 stories about Barack Obama
674 stories about about John McCain
424 stories about Mitt Romney
281 stories about Mike Huckebee

While we set the world record for single day campaign contributions the month before, our candidate was virtually ignored just one month later!

So, what could we do? We decided to send our own media, in the form of a DVD, to every single registered delegate and alternate in Alaska before the state convention, on the grounds that at least they could have a chance to learn who Dr. Paul was. This would help counter that "fringe" candidate label the media was applying to Dr. Paul.

And it worked! Not as well as we might have liked, but very well indeed. We found a lot more support at the convention as most the delegates who watched it never before had the opportunity to learn about Dr. Paul before, and many found they were far more in agreement with Dr. Paul, than with John McCain.

I believe we could improve on what we did here in Alaska. We have five months. With the proper support, we could manage a campaign that sends a DVD each month for four months to the national delegates and alternates going to St. Paul. It is far less expensive to have a directed campaign toward 6,900 delegates and alternates, than it is to reach 150 million voters.

The rest of the story: http://www.nolanchart.com/article3329.html

Highstreet
04-01-2008, 09:05 AM
That's a great idea.

Send every delegate a video.

freedom-maniac
04-01-2008, 09:51 AM
It just suprises me how so many people could be blistfully unaware of Dr. Paul.

I could understand your typical rank-and-file sheeple not knowing much about him, but someone who's already a delegate? Jeesh.

A Ron Paul Rebel
04-01-2008, 10:02 AM
Yes, videos are perfect!

I've also been tossing around the idea of hand-written
letters from honest and sincere people who just "want
to make sure they knew about Dr. Paul!"

Brown Sapper
04-01-2008, 10:04 AM
This is a great idea I think maybe I'll try to do this in TX but how do you get a list of all the state delagates? I've been cruising though google and the TXGOP website for an hour and can't find a list or anything.

A Ron Paul Rebel
04-01-2008, 12:43 PM
Someone once said that it was publically available
but I don't have the resource.

bump for something I thought all county/state
organizers were already doing, aware of and
strategically and honestly befriending fellow GOP!

mczerone
04-01-2008, 01:00 PM
I could understand your typical rank-and-file sheeple not knowing much about him, but someone who's already a delegate? Jeesh.

I'd bet that most delegates are no different than the average voter, they just happen to be the County Clerk's cousin, and was convinced to become a delegate 20 years ago, and now its part of their voting habits.

Someone once said that it was publically available
but I don't have the resource.

bump for something I thought all county/state
organizers were already doing, aware of and
strategically and honestly befriending fellow GOP!

"publicly available" means that you have to contact the state GOP offices to ask for it. Whether they release it is another matter.

Elwar
04-01-2008, 02:04 PM
I don't have a list of my senate district's state delegates but I do have a list of those who were delegates for the senate convention. I'm not sure how the meetup got it. I considered sending out a "free movie (freedom to fascism)" to all of the people on my list. Though I know there are a few people going to state that aren't on the list and several people who are on the list that aren't going to state.

freedom-maniac
04-01-2008, 04:00 PM
So, does anyone know if this means we won the delegate count in Alaska or not? I'm not sure how the rules work way up there.

Join The Paul Side
04-02-2008, 01:16 AM
Bump! :D

ultimaonliner
04-02-2008, 01:23 AM
RP's YouTube vids were my first intro to RP and a heck of a lot better than any of RP's TV commercials. The average person including those who believe themselves to be politically saavy depend too much on the MSM.

A Ron Paul Rebel
04-02-2008, 06:22 AM
I don't have a list of my senate district's state delegates but I do have a list of those who were delegates for the senate convention. I'm not sure how the meetup got it. I considered sending out a "free movie (freedom to fascism)" to all of the people on my list. Though I know there are a few people going to state that aren't on the list and several people who are on the list that aren't going to state.

As much as I think everyone should see 'Freedom to Fascism',
I don't think this should be 'potential RP delegates' first video! :eek::eek:

It should most definitely be one of the RP DVDs... nothing that
would possibly distant or scare these potential delegates. We
want them inspired and aware of who Dr. Paul is.