PDA

View Full Version : Freedom Force International

BuddyRey
03-31-2008, 10:29 PM
I am considering joining Ed Griffin's Freedom Force International, but wanted to bring up the topic here first to see if there are any members on these forums and, if so, how the experience has been so far. This looks like a very promising organization, but I hear so little of them, especially in contrast to the Republican Liberty Caucus, the John Birch Society, etc.

nate895
03-31-2008, 10:57 PM
You could do all three if you wanted.

torchbearer
03-31-2008, 11:06 PM
Good to join all 3.

princessredtights
03-31-2008, 11:11 PM
From what I was told by a local member of Freedom Force ... FF is not "top down" action directed (like the JBS). In FF, the local members decide what to focus on depending on their specific community; contrast to that, the JBS has a pretty specific focus.

nate895
03-31-2008, 11:29 PM
From what I was told by a local member of Freedom Force ... FF is not "top down" action directed (like the JBS). In FF, the local members decide what to focus on depending on their specific community; contrast to that, the JBS has a pretty specific focus.

I have heard the JBS is split in 20 man "cells" that help spread the message.

pcosmar
04-01-2008, 07:56 AM
I just recently joined Freedom Force. I did a lot of reading before I did.
Like many, I had a false impression of JBS from disinformation in my youth.
They are both good groups and have similar goals.
The difference and similarities are laid out here,
http://www.freedom-force.org/pdf/jbschart.pdf

dirknb@hotmail.com
04-01-2008, 07:59 AM
FFI is a great source of information. If there's one thing I've learned over the last 15 years, G. Edward Griffin is a Good Guy.

I am a member of all three, and believe they are the best 3 organizations for promoting Liberty.

jmdrake
04-01-2008, 10:01 AM
I like Freedom Force International mainly because of the fact that professor Griffin acknowledges even FF can be corrupted and that people shouldn't invest trust in hierarchical leadership. That kind of honesty is refreshing. Even in the Ron Paul movement there has been far too much "you'd better do it my way" for my liking. No, not from Dr. Paul himself. But from "leaders" self appointed or otherwise. We wasted too much time on these forums training our guns on each than on the enemy IMHO. I like the fact that FF is united around a broad set of principles rather than around personality and power structures. I'm ok with the JBS although I have disagreements with a couple of their positions. But I like the focus of action of FF better, at least based on my experience of going to a local JBS meeting. They were all about "contacting your congressman" to stop one bill or another, but I was already doing that. I like the Griffin analogy of "taking over the ship".

Regards,

John M. Drake

Kalifornia
04-02-2008, 03:44 PM
I love the idea of the JBS, RLC and FFI. Im not particularly impressed with the execution, however. They have done a very bad job of managing their public image. There is a reason the CFR doesnt call themselves the Fabian society anymore. We need to learn from this.

soapmistress
04-02-2008, 04:01 PM
New to FFi myself. I guess I am lucky in that I've never (before this year) heard of any of them, good bad or indifferent. So I find things that I think make sense and then later find out that people think we're crazy or fringe cults or something. Oh well.

sluggo
04-02-2008, 05:17 PM
Don't forget Downsize DC and the GOA. Both excellent groups fighting for the cause. :)

Kalifornia
04-02-2008, 05:19 PM
Don't forget Downsize DC and the GOA. Both excellent groups fighting for the cause. :)

These two groups have done a much better job avoiding getting the tin foil hat award from the MSM

Diana
04-03-2008, 10:30 PM
I'm a recent new member to FF, and agree with what others have said that it's a great source for information and also like the non-hierarchical structure. Griffin explains well why it's like this.

Conza88
04-03-2008, 10:48 PM
FF is awesome. Must join organization.. Free aswell, if you don't want to become a chartered member, donate whatever you want etc.

No dirt on Freedom Force in the MSM, because there is no dirt on them. John Birch society - just from normal lanugage perspective, one person named soicety - does bring up cult connotations (however misguided) but it makes the job so much easier for the MSM.

GOOD LUCK to the MSM, that tries to totally dislabel - an organization called Freedom-Force.

They get 0 coverage, for that reason imo. Too hard to discredit, name recognition - would just spur people to the site - and ppl wld straight up agree with it. LOL

Join :D

FrankRep
04-03-2008, 11:27 PM
Freedom Force International's leader, G. Edward Griffin, is a John Birch Society member.

http://www.freedom-force.org/freedomcontent.cfm?fuseaction=questionM06&refpage=membership

I am a life member of The John Birch Society and, for several years in the 1960s, served on the Society's staff as a Major Coordinator and official spokesman. From over forty years of personal contact with its members and leadership, I can say with authority that the Society is an excellent educational organization promoting limited government and opposing collectivism in all of its forms. There is nothing about it that is contrary to the highest standards of morality and ethical conduct.

Join Freedom Force International (http://www.freedom-force.org/) AND the John Birch Society (http://www.jbs.org/).

I'm a John Birch Society member. :)