PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, What Are We Doing??

G-Wohl
03-31-2008, 08:59 PM
I need to have people on this forum seriously answer this question: What the hell are we doing? There are only two contenders left in the GOP race - one of them is our guy. McCain has broken campaign finance laws, is constitutionally not legal to run for office, and is flat out unelectable according to many conservatives, even within the party. The grassroots, AND the national RP campaign, have the ability to undermine McCain's chances, and yet Ron Paul himself practically conceded the race in his latest campaign update video.

What the hell are we doing??

We have the ability to spread the evils of McCain's ways, and the legitimate claims of his unlawful conduct. Why aren't we doing something about this? Believe it or not, Ron Paul's nomination may VERY WELL be the closest to attainable RIGHT NOW than any other time during this race! Also, factoring in the fact that REAL delegate numbers are truly up in the air right now, with the great potential of the power of the RP grassroots support enabling RP to actually take the national convention, it makes me worried for the general state of the campaign.

Just because we worked hard and didn't see results strong in numbers, doesn't mean that the race is over! In fact, all of our hard work has paid off and it has put our cause in the best position it's ever been in. Why aren't we working tactically to make sure that we can use the GOP's own weapons against them? It can be done!

I can't be the only one thinking this...

wgadget
03-31-2008, 09:01 PM
You're right...I'm thinking the same thing. I heard there is still $5.5 million left, too.

Akus
03-31-2008, 09:03 PM
I need to have people on this forum seriously answer this question: What the hell are we doing? There are only two contenders left in the GOP race - one of them is our guy. McCain has broken campaign finance laws, is constitutionally not legal to run for office, and is flat out unelectable according to many conservatives, even within the party. The grassroots, AND the national RP campaign, have the ability to undermine McCain's chances, and yet Ron Paul himself practically conceded the race in his latest campaign update video.

We have the ability to spread the evils of McCain's ways, and the legitimate claims of his unlawful conduct. Why aren't we doing something about this? Believe it or not, Ron Paul's nomination may VERY WELL be the closest to attainable RIGHT NOW than any other time during this race! Also, factoring in the fact that REAL delegate numbers are truly up in the air right now, with the great potential of the power of the RP grassroots support enabling RP to actually take the national convention, it makes me worried for the general state of the campaign.

Just because we worked hard and didn't see results strong in numbers, doesn't mean that the race is over! In fact, all of our hard work has paid off and it has put our cause in the best position it's ever been in. Why aren't we working tactically to make sure that we can use the GOP's own weapons against them? It can be done!

I can't be the only one thinking this...
I would absolutely love to tell people at our precinct and senatorial district convention the reasons to vote for "Loss of confidence in John McCain" resolution. However, I am very green at this whole party delegate thing and due to my inexperience, I think I will only make it worse.

The state convention is coming in Houston in my state this June and we hope that the party as a whole can pass this resolution, but as far as I and my brother go, green as we are, we will support this kind of resolution, but we can't be all alone doing this....

wgadget
03-31-2008, 09:05 PM
If you watch the old musical "1776," you will see what the founding fathers went through to get the Declaration of Independence written and signed. They actually use Roberts Rules of Order!

garrettwombat
03-31-2008, 09:10 PM
i think the ones who are actually getting out there and trying to become deligates and candidates for office are the only ones left... the grassroots isnt holding up i hate to say it... i even hear retards on here every once in a while saying they are voting for obama or mccain

Mckarnin
03-31-2008, 09:12 PM
I agree that we are in a great strategic position. Right now Obama has the preacher mess and a little bit of a lying mess and Hillary has the sniper fire lying mess. McCain is lame because he can't spend money and has already broken the law. I actually know of people who have contacted HQ and asked them to PLEASE take action now. Unless they were trying to be coy it doesn't sound like anything of the kind is in the works. I live in Pittsburgh, PA and while we have rumors that Ron Paul might drop into town on the 3rd the only "scheduled" visit in PA that I know of this month is 1 visit in State College, PA!! Our primaries are on the 22nd and he needs to be in town. :-(

Oh and I should add that the economy has REALLY come to the forefront and Ron Paul can run circles around the others when it comes to the economy.

Katharine

wgadget
03-31-2008, 09:12 PM
Hey, garrett, you marching on the Atlanta Fed tomorrow?

garrettwombat
03-31-2008, 09:21 PM
Hey, garrett, you marching on the Atlanta Fed tomorrow?

never got a meetup reminder about this... when time?

wgadget
03-31-2008, 10:27 PM
Noon tomorrow, April 1, 10th and Peachtree.

G-Wohl
03-31-2008, 11:36 PM
Bump.

nayjevin
04-01-2008, 01:18 AM
although i tend to agree with your sentiment, i try to keep in mind that there is much I do not, and cannot know about the details of the campaign.

For instance:

What if Ron Paul got a death threat? What if he were told in no uncertain terms that his family would be in Gitmo should he continue his campaign in any serious way?

I consider this quite unlikely, of course, but it's an example of the type of thing that might cause seemingly inexplicable behavior by the campaign, us outsiders never the wiser.

I doubt most of us will ever know enough to make a real determination about why the campaign is being run the way it is, but we do still have the power to influence our local GOP meetings and members. Better place to focus, IMO.

nayjevin
04-01-2008, 01:21 AM
I agree that we are in a great strategic position. Right now Obama has the preacher mess and a little bit of a lying mess and Hillary has the sniper fire lying mess. McCain is lame because he can't spend money and has already broken the law.

Maybe RP saw this coming -- and knew that his campaign did not need to spend ANY money for the other candidates to self destruct. He's a thrifty and wise guy, and we know his prognostication record.

Conza88
04-01-2008, 01:55 AM
although i tend to agree with your sentiment, i try to keep in mind that there is much I do not, and cannot know about the details of the campaign.

For instance:

What if Ron Paul got a death threat? What if he were told in no uncertain terms that his family would be in Gitmo should he continue his campaign in any serious way?

He'd say "Give me Liberty, or give me death!"
[Release a press statement]
Give the establishment the forks.
Lead a rEVOLution to power & save the United States of America.
Re-instate the Constitution.
Send the global elite back 239 years, back to 1776 & save the world as we know it.
Retire after 2 terms.
Welcome in, Ron Paul ver. 2 at the inauguration ceremony.
Live happily ever after knowing, one man - lead a country, that saved the world - from the edge of the abyss.
He ascends to Heaven, to be greeted by God himself and the fellow Founding Fathers whom congratulate him & his movement of angels (us) that were able to defeat evil in all its forms.
We continue his work and educate our sons and daughters, the rightful process of the ages.
We create, Heaven, on Earth.

Midnight77
04-01-2008, 02:25 AM

The question is not what the Hell you are doing. The question is what the Hell Ron Paul is doing? Has the thought occurred that maybe Ron Paul really doesn't want to be President after all? I would have liked to have said yes, but he didn't really put up that much of a fight this entire campaign.

Conza88
04-01-2008, 04:16 AM
The question is not what the Hell you are doing. The question is what the Hell Ron Paul is doing? Has the thought occurred that maybe Ron Paul really doesn't want to be President after all? I would have liked to have said yes, but he didn't really put up that much of a fight this entire campaign.

hahahah omg.

Go to the top right hand corner of your brower. Press X.
AND never f-cken come back.

garrettwombat
04-01-2008, 05:29 AM
Noon tomorrow, April 1, 10th and Peachtree.

hey wait a second... go to hell.

TastyWheat
04-01-2008, 05:53 AM
Pushing the "NO to John McCain" resolution won't do a lot of good (they'd never put it in the platform) but you should make a huge fuss whenever a resolution comes up that supports John McCain. We saw a good deal of anti-McCain sentiment at my district convention which was refreshing.

thuja
04-01-2008, 06:04 AM
You're right...I'm thinking the same thing. I heard there is still $5.5 million left, too.

me too.

thuja
04-01-2008, 06:05 AM

must be like playing poker?

liberteebell
04-01-2008, 06:09 AM
He'd say "Give me Liberty, or give me death!"
[Release a press statement]
Give the establishment the forks.
Lead a rEVOLution to power & save the United States of America.
Re-instate the Constitution.
Send the global elite back 239 years, back to 1776 & save the world as we know it.
Retire after 2 terms.
Welcome in, Ron Paul ver. 2 at the inauguration ceremony.
Live happily ever after knowing, one man - lead a country, that saved the world - from the edge of the abyss.
He ascends to Heaven, to be greeted by God himself and the fellow Founding Fathers whom congratulate him & his movement of angels (us) that were able to defeat evil in all its forms.
We continue his work and educate our sons and daughters, the rightful process of the ages.
We create, Heaven, on Earth.

The thought of death threats has crossed my mind as well. Threatening The Establishment is not taken to kindly as JFK discovered.

Ron Paul might have said, "Give me liberty..." but he might not have been so willing to sacrifice his family if threats were made to them.

Who knows? All I can say is that there was tremendous momentum and it all went to hell in a handbasket for some reason or a number of reasons.

All that being said, the r3VOLution is far from over. The presidency, after all, is just one office. Although, seeing how much damage King jorge boooosh has done, I thought (and still think!) it was imperative to get RP in office.

Locally, I see most of the Ron Paul people turning their activism to local offices and issues such as property taxes, Real ID, gun rights, giving city councils and state legislatures hell :D, working within the republican party for change and to become delegates, and generally, a continued effort to wake people up. It's maybe sloppy, decentralized and disorganized to some degree but I think when the presidential race has some closure, there will be more focus on what to do next.

The leadership that so many are seeking needs to come from within each individual, not from someone at the top. We need to be the change we want to see in the world, and be the leadership to make things happen, even if it's on a small scale.

Case in point: one of my friends in my meetup is setting up a neighborhood clean-up in his city, beginning with his own neighborhood and seeking to expand city-wide. This is a young man who was not politically active prior to Ron Paul. He found someone else interested in the effort and the two of them have put it together in short order. They have received help from the Boy Scouts, civic leagues, local business (one is donating the trash bags) and are planning to ask the Sherrif's department for participation. While this may not seem to directly relate to liberty, I believe it does. It's about re-learning a mindset of self-reliance. Clean up your neighborhood instead of relying on government to do everything for you, which can translate into other paradigm shifts (especially when you get to converse with people and they don't see you as a kook). Many minds have been changed by one-on-one conversation.

acptulsa
04-01-2008, 06:11 AM
must be like playing poker?

It's a lot like playing poker. If he tells us, he tells John McCain. Much as I railed against the rhetoric during the bulk of the primaries, I must admit that it has more than a passing resemblance to a horse race, too--and we're nowhere near the clubhouse turn yet. I think we'd better hold some in reserve. Those who have the wherewithal to contribute have mostly maxed out by now. Also, we don't want anyone else selling their homes for the cause in this terribly soft market.

Seven months to November. Don't think that's a long time? How much has happened since early September?

dan new zealand
04-01-2008, 06:13 AM
yes folks, get excited...get this thing happening again! i've already booked tickets to come see the inaugurtion! i'm also hoping that HQ has a plan so cunning that you could pin a tail on it and call it a weasel. here's hoping =)

Andrew-Austin
04-01-2008, 06:23 AM

I agree, we must complain, and flame what we do not understand. Jumping to conclusions always works out.

spacehabitats
04-01-2008, 06:42 AM
Well, I would like to see Ron Paul try to win a primary. Now that they are all "meaningless" anyway, he probably has his best chance.

I've tried to explain this in other threads,

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=131026

but it seems that everyone is too busy discussing McCain's election financing gaff or why they think Obama would be a good alternative.:eek:

It does not seem as though RP wants to win a primary. It would involve a lot more from him personally, and I really do not think that he thinks it is possible.

That being said, he has responded in the past to encouragement by the grassroots (after all, that is the only reason he ran in the first place).

What are we doing?

Well, we should all be doing our part, and I am. I have and am donating money. I am an alternate, my wife is a delegate. We will come up with the money to send her to the RNC if we can get her elected. I have posted speeches that went over well in my caucus and county convention. I have posted sample resolutions (so that others might be able to save the time and energy of doing it all from scratch). I have lobbied the websites to set up sections dedicated to delegate education and resources (such as the speeches and resolutions that I mentioned). I have personally found and posted a guide for becoming a delegate to the state and national GOP conventions from Iowa (my home state) and encouraged others to do the same for their states. I am going to become active in the local Republican County committee.
I am trying to find and join organizations that have the right principles and a practical agenda for changing the political climate in America.

I am trying to post suggestions about how to create a true movement out of this chaos without an obvious leader.

That is what I wish I saw more of on this and every other RP forum.

thuja
04-01-2008, 06:53 AM
i have donated several times, in large(to me) sums, so no more, but i am, at least, still doing all the other things. i do not want to give up, and I WANT MY FREEDOMS BACK!

nc4rp
04-01-2008, 07:06 AM
im attending my states conventions and trying to pass resolutions and get to minnesota.

what are you doing?

as far as the death threat...i would say its very likely.

I would say take it upon yourself to try and convert MCCain delegates before and AT the conventions. wake them up, they are the key now, along with Resolutions at your conventions.

GunnyFreedom
04-01-2008, 07:07 AM
Here is one of the things I'm doing at the moment -- a part of working to win the North Carolina Primary:

Help bring 50,000 Ron Paul Newspapers to North Carolina!

Greetings fellow patriots!

My name is Glen Bradley, I have travelled to South Carolina and Alabama as a full time volunteer for Ron Paul 2008, and have racked up a goodly bit of experience. One tool with which we had an amazing amount of success in Tuscaloosa Alabama is the Ron Paul Newspaper.

The Ron Paul Newspaper is the entire Ron Paul platform on a single sheet of newsprint. This is the best tool ever for platform exposure.

http://www.ronpaulnewspaper.com/

I have currently arranged a deal with Crystal Broyles of the Ron Paul Newspaper Project to bring in 50,000 Ron Paul Newspapers to North Carolina. We have currently raised $787.08 of the required $2,800 to fund the project. I plan on getting at least 20,000 distributed in the Triangle area.

But we need your help! We can't wait until the last minute to distribute this many copies! It takes time to roll and bag all these newspapers, so we will be needing manpower, but first and foremost we need to get the project funded sooner rather than later so that we can get started rolling, bagging, and distributing.

You will be AMAZED at how much 'hotter' the canvass is between 48 hours and 2 weeks after an area is 'hit' with this newspaper. There is a chipin for the North Carolina Newspaper located at the link above, as well as on my blog at the link below:

http://libertyline.blogspot.com/2008/03/chipin-for-north-carolina-ron-paul.html

PLEASE ladies and gentlemen, consider chipping in for the North Carolina Ron paul Newspaper! One of the very MOST important aspects of this campaign right now is platform exposure. I am not kidding when I say that there simply is no better tool for broad public platform exposure than this newspaper. I have used it in Alabama, and the results were extraordinary. We distributed 15,000 of these in Tuscaloosa county Alabama, and in response to this (and other efforts) people began waking up like sparks to dry grass on the canvass.

So click on one of the links now to chip in for this project, and also help us when they come in to prepare them and distribute them in your precinct.

Thank you so much for your help,
Glen Bradley

GunnyFreedom
04-01-2008, 07:09 AM
im attending my states conventions and trying to pass resolutions and get to minnesota.

what are you doing?

as far as the death threat...i would say its very likely.

I would say take it upon yourself to try and convert MCCain delegates before and AT the conventions. wake them up, they are the key now, along with Resolutions at your conventions.

Hey! Me too! ;)

PS - at least 8 of us that I KNOW OF and at least 2 more I don't know but have Ron Paul and Bob Orr stickers on their vehicle have made it as delegates to the District and State conventions. I know for a fact of another in Vance County who has also made it to district and state.