PDA

View Full Version : Wow, Michael Savage is blaming the WAR for our financial mess!

wgadget
03-31-2008, 08:09 PM
That's news to me....He has always had neocon views regarding the war. Now all of a sudden, he's sounding like Ron Paul....Weird.

Jeremy
03-31-2008, 08:13 PM
Anyone that starts talking common sense sounds like Ron Paul :D

risk_reward
03-31-2008, 08:14 PM
savage a neocon? No, savage is just crazy. Whatever comes into his mind at the moment he says.

RSLudlum
03-31-2008, 08:16 PM
So...Now even Savage is giving in to our 'brainwashing'?? ;)

wgadget
03-31-2008, 08:17 PM
He makes a lot of sense, but he has always been totally afraid of the "islamofascists," and supportive of the war.

I guess he's now more afraid of a bankrupt country and has finally put two and two together. I'm sure he won't be the first. Now if we can just get Ron to say "I told you so (first)."

ItsTime
03-31-2008, 08:26 PM
You will see more and more neo-cons say this. Not because they care about the citizens but because they are going to use it against you. They will tell you all the right things, people will listen, then they will give the wrong answer to the problem. Most likely taking away more of your rights along the way, consolidating power ie feds power and far worse things I can not think of.

RSLudlum
03-31-2008, 08:26 PM
I guess he's now more afraid of a bankrupt country and has finally put two and two together.

LOL...I wonder where he's got his money? Or maybe he just got his house appraised for less than he bought it for. :D

Andrew-Austin
03-31-2008, 08:27 PM
Who is Michael Savage and why should I care about him?

I google imaged his name and I saw a guy sitting next to Bill O'Reilly, that can't be good.

UnReconstructed
03-31-2008, 08:30 PM
Who is Michael Savage and why should I care about him?

I google imaged his name and I saw a guy sitting next to Bill O'Reilly, that can't be good.

He's a tool. You shouldn't care about him.

evilfunnystuff
03-31-2008, 08:35 PM
a talk radio guy.

i heard him once and he was makin a lot of sense then he started goin off on the "islamofascits" and hangin up on callers really abruptly not that he seems to be avoiding much hes just all "add" or somethin.

interesting personality

Archie
03-31-2008, 08:49 PM
savage has always been against the strategy used by the neo-cons in Iraq and has said it will fail because there going about the war in a polically correct fashion because he says the current admin fears the ny times LOL savage since 04 has pretty much said " withdraw the troops and send in the nukes" so to speak . He thinks America should just carpet bomb the place instead of soldiers trying to bring democracy to Iraq while getting blown up

If your an ultra hawk for war this makes sense when
savage says that where losing soldiers because there fighting it in a politically correct fashion

nate895
03-31-2008, 08:51 PM
He makes a lot of sense, but he has always been totally afraid of the "islamofascists," and supportive of the war.

I guess he's now more afraid of a bankrupt country and has finally put two and two together. I'm sure he won't be the first. Now if we can just get Ron to say "I told you so (first)."

I was converted back in November. The road was long and confusing, but the right one none-the-less.

wgadget
03-31-2008, 08:54 PM
Converted to what, Nate?

Anyway, yes, I've heard Savage in the past saying that we should even just leave Iraq and let all sides kill each other. Or let them start a war with the Iranians...He seems much like the others--somewhat schizophrenic.

nate895
03-31-2008, 08:56 PM
savage has always been against the strategy used by the neo-cons in Iraq and has said it will fail because there going about the war in a polically correct fashion because he says the current admin fears the ny times LOL savage since 04 has pretty much said " withdraw the troops and send in the nukes" so to speak . He thinks America should just carpet bomb the place instead of soldiers trying to bring democracy to Iraq while getting blown up

savage says that where losing soldiers because there fighting it in a politically correct fashion

Hey, if I had to choose between our men on the ground draining the soldier's blood and our treasury, and a massive bombing run that drained the opponent's blood and their treasury, I'd have to go with the latter. He makes the most sense out of the war hawks. I believe he is convertible to our cause, before I converted, I agreed with him nearly 100%.

nate895
03-31-2008, 08:57 PM
Converted to what, Nate?

Anyway, yes, I've heard Savage in the past saying that we should even just leave Iraq and let all sides kill each other. Or let them start a war with the Iranians...He seems much like the others--somewhat schizophrenic.

The cause that Ron Paul advocates.

wgadget
03-31-2008, 08:59 PM
Oh, that's good. You sure are prolific with almost 3,100 posts!

I'm not sure, but I think Savage coined the word "Islamofascists," and he even has (or had) a beheading on his website. He must live in constant fear of the "terrists."

nate895
03-31-2008, 09:07 PM
Oh, that's good. You sure are prolific with almost 3,100 posts!

I'm not sure, but I think Savage coined the word "Islamofascists," and he even has (or had) a beheading on his website. He must live in constant fear of the "terrists."

Thank you, but I think my post count has more to do with my excess of time wasted on these forums than how prolific I might be.

Archie
03-31-2008, 09:08 PM
Hey Nate I was a big time listener to savage aswell I only disagree mostly on the Iraq War debacle but you are right that in a war hawk sense savage's politically incorrect approach would have the most bang for buck even though I dont suggest such a tactic Im glad your converted to RP ideas .

Drinking coffee and listening to savage is great entertainment though LOL and a great way to piss of " bleeding hearts" LOL

hawks4ronpaul
03-31-2008, 09:29 PM

I similarly mention that the "war" is actually anti-conservative, "liberal," Clintonian nation-building and everyone is taking advantage of us and using our troops and money for their own (often anti-American) purposes.

This tends to undercut the "I'm staying to prove you can't make me leave" impulse.

The key is to focus on the anti-American results of 5 years of "liberal" nation-building after the successful capture of Baghdad and let them conclude for withdrawal on their own.

Full articles at http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

kigol
03-31-2008, 09:33 PM
wow

Broadlighter
03-31-2008, 09:51 PM
Savage will conjure up anything to place blaime on the Left. He'll blame the war for the financial situation, which in his mind, was caused by the Left. He says he hates the Left more than anything.

Frankly, I think he's a liberal masquerading as a conservative. He has a Phd from UC Berkeley and lives in Marin County.

TruthAtLast
03-31-2008, 10:10 PM
Anyone that starts talking common sense sounds like Ron Paul :D

haha.

UnReconstructed
03-31-2008, 10:26 PM
He likes the Patriot Act and is fond of saying "if you're not doing anything wrong then you have nothing to worry about."

nate895
03-31-2008, 10:30 PM
He likes the Patriot Act and is fond of saying "if you're not doing anything wrong then you have nothing to worry about."

I know, but I think he can be changed. I would have said the same thing a year ago, but today I am different than a year ago, and I believe many people that are now full-blown Paul supporters with the whole nine yards had differing opinions than a year ago.

wgadget
03-31-2008, 10:31 PM
Maybe YOU can call him up sometime! Might be effective.

nate895
03-31-2008, 10:33 PM
Maybe YOU can call him up sometime! Might be effective.

Hmm, Friday is open mic, I'll consider it. I'll have to listen to his show over the next three days to get to hear his mood to fine tune my message.

New York For Paul
03-31-2008, 11:07 PM
He just agreed with Michael Scheuer. Sometimes Savage does bash the patriot act. When you leave the borders wide open, why even bother with a patriot act.

Savage will be against other aspects of Ron Paul's platform.

They do share some things in common.

Feelgood
03-31-2008, 11:13 PM
LOL...I wonder where he's got his money? Or maybe he just got his house appraised for less than he bought it for. :D

Gold. He promotes the hell out of owning gold.

nate895
03-31-2008, 11:13 PM
They do share some things in common.

And that is what opens the door. If the issue you agree with someone on is of profound importance, you can be convinced of their other ideas. I liked Ron Paul for four reasons when I first heard of him; 1) States' Rights, 2) Gold Standard, 3) pro-life, and 4) anti-illegal immigration. I was convinced of the other things after learning about the old right.

nate895
03-31-2008, 11:15 PM
Gold. He promotes the hell out of owning gold.

When I listened, it was almost every commercial break he had on Swiss America commercials. He also covered the Liberty Dollar fiasco. If only he would have read they were issuing Ron Paul coins, he may be the presumptive nominee now.

hawks4ronpaul
03-31-2008, 11:16 PM

Tell that to the people investigated for videoing a trash can, or playing paintball, or for knowing a "suicide bomber" who was alive and well and not a bomber, plus http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/2007/12/strengthen-intelligence-by-cutting.html .

sratiug
03-31-2008, 11:33 PM
Savage is also against the pharmaceutical industry and the FDA and government programs to put school children on all kinds of drugs. He has said that all the politicians in washington are on prescription medication and that's why they are all crazy.

That's a big link to the good doctor.

hawks4ronpaul
03-31-2008, 11:37 PM
Savage is also against the pharmaceutical industry and the FDA and government programs to put school children on all kinds of drugs. He has said that all the politicians in washington are on prescription medication and that's why they are all crazy.

That's a big link to the good doctor.

"Maybe he's just a little crazy, like some of those men in Washington."--Miracle on 34th Street (1947)

http://imdb.com/title/tt0039628/

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/