PDA

View Full Version : MO Delegate scandal update

kirkblitz
03-31-2008, 07:01 PM
"Handful" of Missouri GOP delegates challenged
http://primebuzz.kcstar.com/?q=node/10652

Jared Craighead, executive director of the Missouri Republican Party, says a "handful" of challenges have been filed against delegates selected by the party's county-level caucuses held March 15.

Prime Buzz has reported that a large number of Rep. Ron Paul supporters showed up at some caucuses, dominating the election of county-level delegates to the congressional district and state conventions scheduled for April and May.

Some Paul supporters have claimed over the last week that the state GOP wasn't sharing delegate lists, making challenges -- which had to be filed by 5:00 p.m. Tuesday -- difficult.

But Craighead said he was able to provide a list to the Paul campaign late Monday.

He doesn't know if the challenges filed Tuesday involve Paul delegates. It'll take a few weeks to sort out the complaints; the congressional district caucuses (which will choose three delegates to the Republican National Convention) meet April 19.

The state convention is in late May. Twenty-eight delegates to the national convention will be picked.

All delegates, under current party rules, must cast their votes for Sen. John McCain on the first ballot.

There was no answer at the Paul headquarters when we called. A local Paul delegate did not return a phone call.

I'm curious as to why no one would answer the phones. Also im glad that at least they shared the list even though it was almost to late.

pepperpete1
03-31-2008, 07:49 PM
Do we know if any challenges were filed? Where does everything stand right now?

The Lantern
03-31-2008, 08:23 PM
"Handful" of Missouri GOP delegates challenged
http://primebuzz.kcstar.com/?q=node/10652

Jared Craighead, executive director of the Missouri Republican Party, says a "handful" of challenges have been filed against delegates selected by the party's county-level caucuses held March 15.

Prime Buzz has reported that a large number of Rep. Ron Paul supporters showed up at some caucuses, dominating the election of county-level delegates to the congressional district and state conventions scheduled for April and May.

Some Paul supporters have claimed over the last week that the state GOP wasn't sharing delegate lists, making challenges -- which had to be filed by 5:00 p.m. Tuesday -- difficult.

But Craighead said he was able to provide a list to the Paul campaign late Monday.

He doesn't know if the challenges filed Tuesday involve Paul delegates. It'll take a few weeks to sort out the complaints; the congressional district caucuses (which will choose three delegates to the Republican National Convention) meet April 19.

The state convention is in late May. Twenty-eight delegates to the national convention will be picked.

All delegates, under current party rules, must cast their votes for Sen. John McCain on the first ballot.

There was no answer at the Paul headquarters when we called. A local Paul delegate did not return a phone call.

I'm curious as to why no one would answer the phones. Also im glad that at least they shared the list even though it was almost to late.

This was an old article. It refers to Monday, March 24th.

Zera
03-31-2008, 08:30 PM
They need to send 55 delegates to national, not 28. Also, resolution to unbound delegates, no? No first ballot voting then.

nate895
03-31-2008, 08:34 PM
They need to send 55 delegates to national, not 28. Also, resolution to unbound delegates, no? No first ballot voting then.

Notice the "under current party rules."

ItsTime
03-31-2008, 08:36 PM
how do we challenge McCains delegates? Point to McCains voting record as non-republican values and challenge those who support mccain as dems in disguise

squandertime
03-31-2008, 08:41 PM
the key words here are "on the first ballot"

nate895
03-31-2008, 08:50 PM

If we don't unbind them, there will be no second ballot.

kirkblitz
03-31-2008, 09:20 PM
This was an old article. It refers to Monday, March 24th.

it was the only one i could find that was updated, it went out the same day the RP campaign release did.

Zera
03-31-2008, 09:29 PM

If we pass the resolution at the state convention to unbound his delegates, then nope.

pepperpete1
03-31-2008, 09:36 PM
How about just getting him charged and convicted of the felony of obtaining a loan under false pretenses. That ought to cause him to lose (not loose) delegates.

squandertime
03-31-2008, 09:52 PM
do you have to vote on the first ballot- what if a majority "went to the bathroom" and missed the first ballot......... then the vote would fall short requiring a second ballot

how bout that senario

:o)

kirkblitz
03-31-2008, 10:04 PM
its called a laxative, go to sams club and buy mass quanities and put it in their coffee/hot chocolate.

derdy
04-01-2008, 03:22 AM
Do we know if any challenges were filed? Where does everything stand right now?

From what I have heard, there are three challenges being filed. The only one we could get confirmed is there are seven delegates being challenged in St. Charles County due to their not being registered to vote in St. Charles County. However, if they are registered in OTHER counties they may still register in St. Charles County prior to the Conventions and be eligible. Although, since they are challenged they may not be able to vote at the Congressional District Convention as their fate is determined after the other official business has taken place.

I pretty much orchestrated the coup in St. Charles County and I had every intention of having my people make sure that this didn't happen, but some unforeseen circumstances plus stubborness and/or lack of foresight by others prevented this. However, we have four alternates listed that will be able to fill those spots.

Someone else mentioned something about 3 delegates being elected to national. That is correct for the upcoming April 19th Congressional District Conventions; each District will elect 3 delegates and 3 alternates to go onto national. The remained will be chosen at State.

Regarding this article, the Ron Paul campaign was given access to the delegate lists at 4:14PM on the 24th via an email from a lawfirm on behalf of Mr. Craighead. A week earlier he had denied access to Debbie Hopper, the recipeint of said email, in front of witnesses.

Thanks for your "efforts" to get us those lists Mr. Craighead.:rolleyes:

freedom-maniac
04-01-2008, 06:51 AM
I'm not sure, but I think this Nolan Chart article may help. (It's from a Paulite in Alaska).

http://www.nolanchart.com/article3329.html