PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul calls Obama a fraud

dirtyp
03-31-2008, 03:30 PM
Ron Paul calls Obama a fraud
http://blog4paul.blogspot.com/2008/03/ron-paul-calls-obama-fraud.html

Andrew-Austin
03-31-2008, 03:49 PM
For those of us who are at work and can't watch this, can someone give a summary.

torchbearer
03-31-2008, 03:51 PM
If this is new, its a repeat of something he said a few weeks ago.

Lord Xar
03-31-2008, 04:01 PM
well, what did he say AND what is it showing here?

torchbearer
03-31-2008, 04:22 PM
Reporter ask: Since Ron won't be president, would it be better for his supporters to vote for the Dems? (this is CNN)
Ron responds (extreme paraphrase): I don't think so because i don't think they are sincere.
If you look at Obama's record he has voted for the war... he says one thing on the campaign trail... but his record shows otherwise. I think what he is saying is a fraud.

Gadsden Flag
03-31-2008, 04:24 PM
Mmm, I think this is a blunder...Obama never voted on the war. He is thinking of Hillary Clinton probably.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

torchbearer
03-31-2008, 04:27 PM
Mmm, I think this is a blunder...Obama never voted on the war. He is thinking of Hillary Clinton probably.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Obama defends Iraq War vote: http://www.suntimes.com/news/elections/402099,25obama.article

Broadlighter
03-31-2008, 04:28 PM
Reporter ask: Since Ron won't be president, would it be better for his supporters to vote for the Dems? (this is CNN)
Ron responds (extreme paraphrase): I don't think so because i don't think they are sincere.
If you look at Obama's record he has voted for the war... he says one thing on the campaign trail... but his record shows otherwise. I think what he is saying is a fraud.

The basic problem is Obama, like many Dems who say they are against the war, end up voting for funding it I think they do this out of concern for the troop's safety and this plays into the hands of the neocons who say if you support the troops, support the mission. If you care about the safety of the troops then vote for equipping them. What Ron Paul says with his votes is, we shouldn't be there at all. The way we promote the soldiers safety is to bring them home. His vote is consistent with his convictions.

nbhadja
03-31-2008, 04:31 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Obama was a state senator at the time so could not vote for the war (as he would have). He did though vote to fund the Iraqi war multiple times for a total of 300 + billion dollars.
Obama is a warmonger.

torchbearer
03-31-2008, 04:34 PM
The basic problem is Obama, like many Dems who say they are against the war, end up voting for funding it I think they do this out of concern for the troop's safety and this plays into the hands of the neocons who say if you support the troops, support the mission. If you care about the safety of the troops then vote for equipping them. What Ron Paul says with his votes is, we shouldn't be there at all. The way we promote the soldiers safety is to bring them home. His vote is consistent with his convictions.

Negative, without the additional funds, the troops would have enough money to come home.

/sarcasm
We send our military to raze and rape lil third world country.
I am a congressman/senator who is appalled by such actions.
Thus I fund it because I'm afraid the troops will be hurt if I don't...
Thus continue the war.

Sounds completely logical /sarcasm off

nbhadja
03-31-2008, 04:34 PM

They claim they do it to support the troops, which is complete BS. They acknowledge that the war is stupid yet they support the troops by sending them to their deaths in a stupid war with no point and waste hundreds of billions of dollars in the process while our country is trillions of dollars in debt??

Lying democrats. They love war just like the neo-cons.

revolutionman
03-31-2008, 04:40 PM
yeah, thats a consistant problem with democratic voters, compassion and reason. The Neocons manipulate the hell out of us with their BS rhetoric. Our politicians are indeed typical blood bloods, but our people tend to just want the best for everyone, just like the Republicans really. We just disagree on what exactly is best for everyone. the elitist bastards take advantage of our good intentions to line their pockets on both sides of the aisle. Some times my vision goes red thinking about it.

Obama is a fraud. Same shit different stink. thats why i jumped from Obamas substance lacking chants for change, to Ron Pauls meat and potatoes version of change.

CountryboyRonPaul
03-31-2008, 04:53 PM
Lying democrats. They love war just like the neo-cons.

Of Course they do.

WW1 Started by Wilson, a Dem
WW2, FDR a Dem
Korea, Truman a Dem
Vietnam, Johnson, a Dem
Kosovo, Clinton
Somalia, Clinton

Not to mention the bombing of Iraq under Clinton

Anybody who thinks the Democratic party is an anti-war party has been watching the Mainstream Media and not studying 20th century American history.

dirtyp
03-31-2008, 07:01 PM
Hes calling him out since all the dems promised not to fund the war and to end it all together. After they took the house, nothing. Took the senate, nothing.

He said he wants to stay in Iraq to 2012 and also said that we need more soldiers in Afghanistan.

Kucinich introduced a bill to vote up or down on authorization of the war. And no one voted.