PDA

View Full Version : Saving the nation in 4 years. Thoughts and discussion.

GunnyFreedom
03-31-2008, 01:59 PM
step 1: Platform recognition. January 2007 - November 2008

Use the RP08 campaign to push platform recognition into all quarters of the nation, focusing on constitutionalism and respect for the Bill of Rights. Even after the GOP Convention, we still have the political capitol to canvass and push platform recognition all the way up to the General Election. Even without a 3rd party run, we can use the (admittedly quixotic) excuse of a write-in campaign for Ron Paul to continue canvass efforts and lit drops etc with the PRIMARY GOAL of establishing platform recognition amongst the entire American population.

step 2: Party infiltration. January 2008 - November 2010

In order to capitalize on the platform recognition from step one, we need to populate both major parties (especially the GOP) with strict constructionist Constitutionalists and Liberty Platform activists. We need to establish a sincerely MAJOR presence in the existing parties by 2010 so that from 2010 to 2012 we can work on taking over positions of power and authority within the parties in time for the 2012 elections.

step 3: Establish moral authority. April 2008 - November 2012

Establishing moral authority means creating a recognition that win, lose, or draw, we are CORRECT. Part of this is taking place NOW, with the failing economy, and a belated recognition of Ron Paul's genius on the part of the MSM. We need to really begin to push the establishment of a Moral Authority through a continual and non-stop badgering of all MSM outlets in print, radio, and video with our most solid and positively demonstrable aspects of the Liberty Platform. "The current policy will cause the economy to fail in the following manner." Then the economy fails. "Look at this news story from 2009, we were correct then, and we are still correct now."

step 4: Demonstrate willingness to sacrifice. June 21st 2008, ?, ?

It is difficult to be specific on this one, but nevertheless it is important. If we can non-violently, peacefully, non-disruptively, without riots, etc. demonstrate that we are willing to stand up in the face of the encroaching evil come what may, beat-downs, tazerings, CS gassings, arrests and so on -- WITHOUT VIOLENT RETRIBUTION -- not backing down, but standing up for the message of Liberty In Our Day, then we can demonstrate to the world that we are SERIOUS about saving this nation. I can perhaps envision 5,000 people sitting down and linking arms on the steps of the Capitol on 21 June, say we march on DC without a permit, and thus become subject to arrest for 'assembling without a permit' singing "we shall overcome" with teargas blowing all around us and overzealous riot cops beating the heck out of obviously peaceful protestors on video; this will stick in the craw of John Q Public, and make for excellent material on why the Federal Gov't is out of control.

step 5: Show of force. April 19th - 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012

Establish a day, preferably "Patriots Day" (April 19th) due to the subliminal (and most importantly - UNSTATED) connotation that "we are willing to fight and die if we have to - we won't start any fight, but we will by-God finish one if someone else starts it" to gather annually in DC at 2 Million strong every year for the next 4 years until we have secured control over the Federal Government.

step 6: Massive liberty campaign. January 2010 - November 2012

Run Liberty and Constitutional Platform candidates in EVERY SINGLE OFFICE from local dog-catcher to President of the United States, and EVERY OFFICE IN BETWEEN. Do not leave a SINGLE contest without one of us running for it. We must OWN all ballots in November 2012, and then capitalize on all the work from steps 1 through 5 above to publish lists of "Strict Constitutionalists" and "Liberty Platform Candidates" to work during the July 2011 - November 2012 campaign season. Instead of a campaign of just ONE PERSON, we should campaign for a whole slate of candidates, around a common platform: "Liberty and Strict Constitutional Construction"

step 7: Establish action forum for the elected. November 2011 - ∞

Create an action committee with an internet forum, modeled after Robert's Rules of Order and chaired by the highest ranking elected official (or their direct proxy) charged with establishing and setting the agenda for restoring the nation. This committee will be the one to determine what policies/orgs/legislation to go after and when. This will be the committee that decides when and how to go after the Federal Reserve, the DOE, the IRS etc, and how.

GunnyFreedom
03-31-2008, 02:30 PM
harumph

GunnyFreedom
04-01-2008, 12:04 AM
ba-hump

nayjevin
04-01-2008, 12:29 AM
championship post.

Looks like a big part of [1] and [6] will be under the umbrella of Ron Paul Ambassadors / Freedom's Ground: http://www.freedomsground.com

[4] gave me chills (the good kind)

[5] is a brilliant idea as well

thanks for the outline!

Ex Post Facto
04-01-2008, 12:45 AM
I've been thinking about civil disobedience options. I thought of one the other day. Everyone should change there W4 at work to 9 dependants. Last I checked, 9 is the maximum number you can claim without proof. You aren't in any tax violation until you file your tax return. At which point you will file according to dependants you can prove. I know a lot of lawyers and well paid professionals that do this. What you have to watch out for is how much you will owe at the end of the year. Save that money throughout the year so you can pay your taxes, but get all your money and invest it throughout the year until it's time to cash in and pay the pide-piper.

GunnyFreedom
04-01-2008, 12:46 AM
championship post.

Looks like a big part of [1] and [6] will be under the umbrella of Ron Paul Ambassadors / Freedom's Ground: http://www.freedomsground.com

[4] gave me chills (the good kind)

[5] is a brilliant idea as well

thanks for the outline!

Hey thanks so much!

I just tonight saw the Ron Paul Ambassador's site, (the thread about Barry Goldwater Jr) and I agree WRT #'s 1 & 6.

I'm not trying to state that the plan is perfect, or even nearly so - but it does seem to me that this basic structure can and most importantly WILL place the reigns of power over our government into the hands of Constitutionalists and the Liberty Movement inside of 4 years.

If enough of us got excited about this plan, what I'd like to do is to first set up an advisory committee of about 50 people, representing a larger body of say about 1000 people (each of the 50 committee members in constant communications with their 20), and revise the plan amongst ourselves, and then set up real attainables, goals, checkpoints; and then actually go about working the plan.

Ex Post Facto
04-01-2008, 12:52 AM
Gunny, I'm moving to Concord, NC in a few weeks. I plan on being in that area for awhile. Once there I intend on getting in the county GOP, etc. I would be pleased to assist in any way.

GunnyFreedom
04-01-2008, 01:02 AM
Gunny, I'm moving to Concord, NC in a few weeks. I plan on being in that area for awhile. Once there I intend on getting in the county GOP, etc. I would be pleased to assist in any way.

Concord is out by Charlotte, I think Bossobass is out that way. Lots of strong RP support in the Charlotte area. I'm right by Raleigh, probably a little over a 3-hour drive from there. That won't prevent a great deal of working together, of course. But just an FYI that you'll find a strong RP community in your area when you get there.

I'd sure like to get people rolling on this. I honestly believe that this plan will do the job for us. One thing I'll need to gather (note to self here) is as much of a contact database as I can muster from the many meetups across the nation and from RPHQ.

GunnyFreedom
04-01-2008, 05:41 AM
bumpet for saving the nation by 2012

liberteebell
04-01-2008, 06:19 AM
Bump for saving our country in 4 years (or less)!

I've met GF in person; anyone who would drive the hours he did, mom in tow, to pick up my leftover signs is a very serious Freedom Fighter. All of you in NC are lucky to have such a a well-versed and energetic activist in your state. :D:D:D

freedom-maniac
04-01-2008, 06:58 AM
In order to capitalize on the platform recognition from step one, we need to populate both major parties (especially the GOP) with strict constructionist Constitutionalists and Liberty Platform activists. We need to establish a sincerely MAJOR presence in the existing parties by 2010 so that from 2010 to 2012 we can work on taking over positions of power and authority within the parties in time for the 2012 elections.

C'mon my fellow Dems! We're the party of Jefferson and Jackson!

raystone
04-01-2008, 07:51 AM
What to do right now...join your local political party ! Send your check in ! Taking over the party (mainly GOP right now) is how change IS happening right now ! (see TX, MO, Alaska, Washington State, etc.....)

freedom-maniac
04-01-2008, 08:05 AM
Small, local parties, are easier to highjack, as they don't have too many members and they are less prone to dogma as they are on the state and national level.

jrich4rpaul
04-01-2008, 11:56 AM
Above all, stay in the Republican party if you want to see changes made. Unless 200 million people join another party together it won't make a difference.

nate895
04-01-2008, 11:58 AM
Let me pull out the old plan for a 2012 Presidential Run that I created some time ago.

Truth Warrior
04-01-2008, 12:01 PM
The point of no return was passed in 1913. The die has been cast.<IMHO> :(

nate895
04-01-2008, 12:02 PM
1: March to 2011: Donate or save $20 a month to (for) the campaign. Hopefully 100,000 can do this.

Starting Month/Year End Total

10,000/50,000/100,000
March: $1,800,000/$9,000,000/$18,000,000
April: 1,600,000/8,000,000/16,000,000
May: 1,400,000/7,000,000/14,000,000
June: 1,200,000/6,000,000/12,000,000
July: 1,000,000/5,000,000/10,000,000
August: 800,000/4,000,000/8,000,000
September: 600,000/3,000,000/6,000,000
October: 400,000/2,000,000/4,000,000
December: 200,000/1,000,000/2,000,000

Step 2: 2009: Spend the year building a national campaign organization. This year a lot of time will be spent in Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina to see if these are good places to spend cash going into 2011. 2,400,000-24,000,000 raised this year+last year's totals.

Step 3: 2010: Spend the year campaigning for various liberty candidates, see where we should be spending time and money post early states. 4,800,000-48,000,000 raised plus first year's totals.

Step 4: 2011: Crunch time has arrived, the other candidates are showing up on the stage, and we need to establish ourselves as the honest, conservative candidate. Spend a lot of time in the best looking early states, plus have our "crusaders" out on the campaign trail in both early and later states. Money raised goal: $150,000,000. It's high, but we can achieve it.

Step 5:
Primaries/Caucus season: Win, and keep winning. If we can win all the early states, we have a lock on the nomination.

General: Hopefully the other candidates will drop if they lose their early state of choice, and the party will coalesce around us and we can begin to take on the big government President that's currently in office, and hopefully the War in Iraq is still going on, and everybody's angry as hell, or the economy is really bad. If those aren't the case, then we have tough work, but it's possible if the current government is too liberal.

Bottom Line: "If you build it, they will come."

nate895
04-01-2008, 01:54 PM
Did the thread die on me or something?

GunnyFreedom
04-01-2008, 04:04 PM
No, it's still here. some of us have reversed circadian rhythms. ;-) More to follow I am certain

freedom-maniac
04-01-2008, 04:04 PM
Threads tend to do that nate. Things are dying down on the forums sadly.