PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul accepts honorary life membership in Pro-Gun New Hampshire

specsaregood
08-19-2007, 11:03 PM
U.S. Congressman and Republican candidate for President Dr. Ron Paul accepts Honorary Life Membership in Pro-Gun New Hampshire at a grassroots gun rights meeting organized by PGNH Executive Vice President Evan Nappen on August 18, 2007 in Concord. Forty gun rights activists from across the state heard Dr. Paul speak passionately about his support of the Second Amendment. Four of the five PGNH directors attended the meeting, and they unanimously voted to grant Dr. Paul the honorary membership.

http://www.pgnh.org/ron_paul_accepts_honorary_life_membership_in_pro_g un_new_hampshire
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1883639/posts

noxagol
08-20-2007, 12:04 AM
Fucking right. If any politician deserves that it is him. GUN OWNERS UNITE!

Lord Xar
08-20-2007, 12:34 AM
why the NRA is not openly endorsing him is rather frustrating and rather odd.

LibertyEagle
08-20-2007, 12:40 AM
Because the NRA sold out some time back.

trispear
08-20-2007, 12:44 AM
The top of NRA, it's executives, may have hidden agendas.

A while back, Ron Paul voted against limited the liability of Gun companies in lawsuits as he didn't see it as a legislative matter. The NRA knocked him down a few points because of it.

robatsu
08-20-2007, 12:51 AM
NRA has been a bit of a disappointment recently. They were way out in front in the early 90's seeing the developments of the police state, started calling on it, suffered some blowback, esp. about their "jack booted thugs" comment. Bush the senior very publicly cancelled his membership. They suffered a membership dip, and then seemed to adopt a moderate, cozy up to power approach. I think that a lot of the other gun rights orgs consider them sellouts, sort of an Iowans for Tax Reform-like organizations, you know, pursue enough of the agenda to keep the membership up and donations flowing in, but not hard enough to piss off anyone in power and get disinvited from Georgetown cocktail parties.

specsaregood
08-20-2007, 01:04 AM
Because the NRA sold out some time back.

LOL, Check this out:
http://waronguns.blogspot.com/2006/11/fix-is-in-ron-paul-must-go.html

About Ron Paul and the NRA from last year. And how they rated him a "B"
The comments are great. This is why Ron Paul was never a 2nd tier candidate. He came into the race with National recognition from lots of different groups.

Lord Xar
08-20-2007, 01:09 AM
LOL, Check this out:
http://waronguns.blogspot.com/2006/11/fix-is-in-ron-paul-must-go.html

About Ron Paul and the NRA from last year. And how they rated him a "B"
The comments are great. This is why Ron Paul was never a 2nd tier candidate. He came into the race with National recognition from lots of different groups.

Just read that. That is incredible. NRA are sellouts too. I was "just about to buy a membership" tonight. I am serious... and I read this. Forget it.

ksuguy
08-20-2007, 01:17 AM
The NRA has a long history of selling out. I'm currently a member, but after they rolled over and sold us out on the Mccarthy bill recently, I won't be renewing next year. I'll take the money I would have spent on the membership and give it to GOA, JPFO, or maybe Ron Paul.

fj45lvr
08-20-2007, 01:51 AM
I can't say this is a decisive reason for NRA to ignore Paul.....but just maybe they have some small arms and ammo manufacturers that aren't real keen on the idea of pulling out of foreign wars anytime soon (the natives left behind while needing guns and ammo to kill each other undoubtedly wouldn't pay nearly as much as the U.S. Taxpayer--suckers that they are)

PennCustom4RP
08-20-2007, 02:16 AM
I got these 2 bulletins fro GOA on myspace, anti 2A

Gun Owners of America -Ron Paul 2008
Date: Aug 13, 2007 1:41 PM
Subject: NRA director wants 5 round limits and NO assault weapons!
Body: NRA Board Memeber & Texas Ranger on TV calls for limiting to 5 rounds!
www.klru.org/texasmonthlytalks/archives/jackson/jackson.asp

"personally, I think assault weapons have basically need to be in the hands of the military, and need to be in the hands of the police.

As far as assault weapons to a civilian, it's alright if you get the mag capacity down to 5 rounds"
First he thinks ALL civilians should be limited to 5 rounds per weapon.... no matter what the weapon is.
Second - he really doesn't think any civilian should be able to own assault weapons... and if they are allowed, they should also be capped to 5 rounds.
www.nrawinningteam.com/bios01/jackson.html

The enemy is within.
This guy has been on the board of directors for the NRA since 2001 and is currently still on it... thanks to arfcom for digging this up.

and

Date: Aug 17, 2007 8:12 PM
Subject: More info on the NRA board member wanting bans... What 2 do
Body: I've received more email about this than about anything.

If I didn't respond directly to you PLEASE don't feel slighted, I got about 400 emails that all basically said the same thing "Tar and feather the SOB!" I couldn't agree more.

I did get about half a dozen emails about the NRA-ILA website response from Joaqin Jackson. I responded to each of them and they were all along the same lines of reading the Jackson response without seeing the clip.

Please watch the clip-The bottom clip is the one in question:
http://www.klru.org/texasmonthlytalks/archives/jackson/jackson.asp

The NRA response is that Mr. jackson was "misquoted" and "misinterpreted". Please watch it for YOURSELF and then tell me if you still think it was misinterpreted. It's about 4 minutes long, so you don't have to sift thru an hours worth of video.

This scum bag is backpeddling and trying to save his job. Why the NRA is supporting him is beyond me. They should have booted him immediately IMO.

Next item is"What can we do?" I had along of emails about that. Basically you can do what I did, call them, speak to one of the board secretaries and let them know how you feel.

I rescinded my membership over the Katrina fiasco and the subsequent NRA grandstanding when the GOA and JPFO had done all the ground work with the NRA MIA for the first 7 days. So I was unable to threaten to do it again, lol. I did give them my old number so they could pull up my previous contributions and membership history and tell them this was another nail in the lid of why I don't donate to them.

Folks I don't want to use this as an opportunity to fundraise for the GOA. I will say this however:

PLEASE join a pro-gun group that supports YOUR Rights and YOUR ideas. Be it the GOA, JPFO, Second Amendment Sisters or a State group. For those of you who only like 'big' groups, the GOA is second to teh nra in membership at nearly 1 million gun owners. The GOA is also recognized by congress as "The most effective pro-gun lobbying group in congress". Most of your NRA dues goto their huge headquarters, board members, fancy magazines. Groups like the GOA mail out quarterly newsletters that are on papper, with black and white photos. They squeeze every inch into putting as much money as possible into getting our Rights restored and protected. Keep that in mind. Base membership in most of these other groups is also only $20.00.
IMO You should NEVER get a life membership in ANY pro-Rights groups. I decided after being screwed over the NRA that whatever group(s) I supported will have to earn my money EVERYTIME. Every year, every fundraiser. Period.
They will NOT take me for granted.
Please join a group or groups that support you and your Rights.

Chase
08-20-2007, 05:26 AM
Just read that. That is incredible. NRA are sellouts too. I was "just about to buy a membership" tonight. I am serious... and I read this. Forget it.

Instead of joining the NRA, join the Gun Owners of America (gunowners.org). They boldly advertise this on the top of their website:

"The only no-compromise gun lobby in Washington."
-Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX)

And also point out:

Texas Congressman Ron Paul's pro-gun credentials are impeccable and he has been a leading proponent of rolling back the past 40 years of gun control.

I put a down payment on my life membership the other day. If you become a life member, you get $800 in free training from a two-day course in Nevada!

noxagol
08-20-2007, 06:19 AM
Instead of joining the NRA, join the Gun Owners of America (gunowners.org). They boldly advertise this on the top of their website:

"The only no-compromise gun lobby in Washington."
-Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX)

And also point out:

Texas Congressman Ron Paul's pro-gun credentials are impeccable and he has been a leading proponent of rolling back the past 40 years of gun control.

I put a down payment on my life membership the other day. If you become a life member, you get $800 in free training from a two-day course in Nevada!

Sweet mother, that sounds like a nice vacation!

torchbearer
08-20-2007, 08:57 AM
why the NRA is not openly endorsing him is rather frustrating and rather odd.

It makes sense to me... the NRA isn't about getting the 2nd amendment reinstated. They'd be out of jobs and power.
The NRA has never endorse a libertarian candidate.... and in fact, they endorsed my opponent last year and he was rate a "C". I had an "A" rating.

Givemelibertyor.....
08-20-2007, 05:02 PM
Folks I don't want to use this as an opportunity to fundraise for the GOA. I will say this however:

PLEASE join a pro-gun group that supports YOUR Rights and YOUR ideas. Be it the GOA, JPFO, Second Amendment Sisters or a State group. For those of you who only like 'big' groups, the GOA is second to teh nra in membership at nearly 1 million gun owners. The GOA is also recognized by congress as "The most effective pro-gun lobbying group in congress". Most of your NRA dues goto their huge headquarters, board members, fancy magazines. Groups like the GOA mail out quarterly newsletters that are on papper, with black and white photos. They squeeze every inch into putting as much money as possible into getting our Rights restored and protected. Keep that in mind. Base membership in most of these other groups is also only $20.00.
IMO You should NEVER get a life membership in ANY pro-Rights groups. I decided after being screwed over the NRA that whatever group(s) I supported will have to earn my money EVERYTIME. Every year, every fundraiser. Period.
They will NOT take me for granted.
Please join a group or groups that support you and your Rights.

I couldn't agree more with this statement. I hope anyone here who is in the NRA, nags the hell out of them about their anti-gun "compromises".

Meanwhile everyone else needs to join and donate to the GOA.If Hillary gets the job, you'll be glad you did.