PDA

View Full Version : Are we growing again!?

antdengineer
03-30-2008, 12:11 PM
Is it me or is this movement picking up steam again? I am seeing a significant increase in active members doing things and talking online again. The Negative people seem be (mostly) driven out of dailypaul and ronpaulforums too. I am also seeing a lot more intelligent talk again. Is this our second wind!!!!

Bradley in DC
03-30-2008, 12:14 PM
Lots of work to do yet:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=128018

free.alive
03-30-2008, 12:24 PM
It's good to hear online activity is up and positive again!

In WA the caucuses have past. Everyone took a breather - then went to sleep.

In recent weeks, though, the conventions have started and the buzz has come back. We're making progress at the county conventions. There have been major setbacks, but also major victories, and overall we're really over-represented among delegates. King county (Seattle, Bellevue, etc.) holds its conventions by state leg district (17) since it's so huge (+/- 2m people) and there are a few left. Many counties have already had theirs, but the next largest (Pierce, Snohomish, Spokane, Clark, Thurston, Kitsap) will be in the next two weeks. So there's a lot of activity here again.

On May 30-31 we hold our state convention and plan on doing VERY well there as well. We think we can pull off a majority of our 18 at-large delegates, and even get those 9 bound (stealth, hehe) delegates for Paul as well.

TruthAtLast
03-30-2008, 12:32 PM
Is it me or is this movement picking up steam again? I am seeing a significant increase in active members doing things and talking online again. The Negative people seem be (mostly) driven out of dailypaul and ronpaulforums too. I am also seeing a lot more intelligent talk again. Is this our second wind!!!!

Sometimes I wonder if I'm living in a Bubble. I come into these forums and get excited about the progress being made on many fronts (delegates, Liberty candidates, grassroots projects). But is this just a little isolated island of Ron Paul supporters that are aware of it?

Where are the 800,000 people who have voted for Ron Paul or the 300,000 people who donated? I have this feeling that much of the supporters that were so involved months ago and willing to donate money, make YouTube videos, Rap songs, etc don't even know about the successes.

And this is where I think Ron Paul and the campaign staff should be involved. Murray is sending out emails several times per week updating his supporters on the progress of his campaign. I'm just waiting for emails from Ron Paul saying even something as simple as "look at our progress. keep up the good work". But I've been waiting for a long time. He says he is still in the race but then acts like he is out of it. :(

Even if he may not get the nomination, it is irrelevant. There is more going on here than that. Our fantastic effort by our delegates have a chance to infiltrate the party, change the platform, and take over many influential positions of power within the party. They are establishing relationships, building networks, and gaining experience.

It's an email. It costs virtually NOTHING. A single email from Ron Paul could reach hundreds of thousands of people that this forum can not. Isn't it time to rally the troops and pour it on? Keep motivation and excitement up?

Sorry, I'm excited but still a little frustrated too. :D
Am I the only one who feels this way?

Black Dude
03-30-2008, 12:33 PM
Still plenty of negativity on the forums unfortunately. Still plenty of complainers. "why didn't we spend the money better?"
"why were we lied to?"

yada yada yada

Man, I wish Ron wasn't so dishonest. He is dumb, and everything is all his fault. Maybe one day Ron will put out a real effort for this cause. (sarcasm)

amy31416
03-30-2008, 01:34 PM
Still plenty of negativity on the forums unfortunately. Still plenty of complainers. "why didn't we spend the money better?"
"why were we lied to?"

yada yada yada

Man, I wish Ron wasn't so dishonest. He is dumb, and everything is all his fault. Maybe one day Ron will put out a real effort for this cause. (sarcasm)

Have to agree with you there. And, it's our fault. Not the official campaign's, we have the ability to control what we say on here, nobody else.

I'm trying to be much more positive these days, especially in regard to this movement, I hope others will join me in that.

Joseph Hart
03-30-2008, 01:43 PM
I dont believe weve ever been down.

Libertarian Ideals
03-30-2008, 01:50 PM
TruthAtLast, I have felt similarly.

This is how I see it now.

Phase one (then) was locating and building a supporter base.
Phase two (now) is becoming a leader locally (Precinct officer, city council, state legislature, etc) using the created support base to be successful.

(About 500 people in New Hampshire organized through freestateproject.org have been having an amazing influence on state politics of 1.3 million people, I don't see why Paul supporters can't have an impact in other states, albeit at a different pace. New Hampshire is one of the most libertarian leaning states)

Like Ron Paul has said (paraphrasing) "I couldn't stop them even if I wanted to".
Ron Paul has revolutionized politics, in one year :)

People are more influential than they think.

angelatc
03-30-2008, 02:01 PM
Well, I think we have to be sure we realize where the campaign made mistakes so we don't repeat them. Also, mistakes other organizations have made.

That was a segue. I was reading Spin, and there's an article in it about musicians and campaigns. The following paragraph had some very useful observations, even though the left is making them.

Moby has worked for a dizzying array of candidates and causes over the past decade.<clip>

The problem, as Moby sees it, has not been his intentions or his commitment, but his methods. "One of the traps lefties like myself have fallen into," he says, "is we believe so much in what we're saying that we feel like no effort needs to be made in how we say it. If I come across as strident, self-righteous, and didactic, people just hear me being strident, self-righteous, and didactic. No one wants some smug nerd from New York telling them who they should vote for."

(David) Crosby has learned a similar lesson. "It's a bully pulpit, but if you get up and start preaching, the audience will dismiss you," he says. "You can't berate them. You have to be very clever and very positive." In this way, the criticisms coming from the right are perhaps more constructive than they were ever intended to be.

http://www.spin.com/articles/power-ballots?page=0%2C0

It is really a tough skill to learn, because God knows the neo-cons and the liberals do not hesitate to belittle and berate anybody who disagrees with them.

tajitj
03-30-2008, 02:12 PM
Sometimes I wonder if I'm living in a Bubble. I come into these forums and get excited about the progress being made on many fronts (delegates, Liberty candidates, grassroots projects). But is this just a little isolated island of Ron Paul supporters that are aware of it?

Where are the 800,000 people who have voted for Ron Paul or the 300,000 people who donated? I have this feeling that much of the supporters that were so involved months ago and willing to donate money, make YouTube videos, Rap songs, etc don't even know about the successes.

And this is where I think Ron Paul and the campaign staff should be involved. Murray is sending out emails several times per week updating his supporters on the progress of his campaign. I'm just waiting for emails from Ron Paul saying even something as simple as "look at our progress. keep up the good work". But I've been waiting for a long time. He says he is still in the race but then acts like he is out of it. :(

Even if he may not get the nomination, it is irrelevant. There is more going on here than that. Our fantastic effort by our delegates have a chance to infiltrate the party, change the platform, and take over many influential positions of power within the party. They are establishing relationships, building networks, and gaining experience.

It's an email. It costs virtually NOTHING. A single email from Ron Paul could reach hundreds of thousands of people that this forum can not. Isn't it time to rally the troops and pour it on? Keep motivation and excitement up?

Sorry, I'm excited but still a little frustrated too. :D
Am I the only one who feels this way?

You are 100% right. I think the last email I got from HQ was on Presidents Day asking for money for the congressional seat. He got like 1,000,000 that day. That is the best way to get momentum back. Weekly emails to all the donors.