PDA

View Full Version : texas state convention -- RP supporters UNITE!!

squandertime
03-30-2008, 11:16 AM
we need to brainstorm the activities together !!

lunches....

booing when perry talks....

sign waving....

what can we do and at what time!!!!

lets get it organized

:o)

state delegate for ron paul!!
orange county!!

charge!!!!!

robin

Akus
03-30-2008, 11:43 AM
there is no need to boo and waive signs. We need to be civilized and turn people on to us. When I left my senatorial convention, I saw a bunch of people who were supporting McCain, not because they were excited about him, but because they felt there was no choice.

The first thing we have to do is to present anti-McCain resolution with some heavy evidence of his un-Republican activities. Use McCain-Feingold, McCain-Kennedy, McCain-(insert another well known liberal here). His name has to bring liberal connotations in people's minds, like Barak Obama's name brings Osama to people's minds. We absolutely have to tell people that McCain is no more conservative then Hillary and somehow align his name with hers, which, I understand, is not that tough.....

In my opinion, this is the first and foremost resolution that has to pass. For there to be room for Ron Paul, the room occupied by McCain needs to be freed.

wgadget
03-30-2008, 11:53 AM
For those who disagree with Ron Paul only on his foreign policy stance, it would be great if they could read Michael Scheurer's new book about the war in Iraq. I heard him doing an interview with Michael Savage the other day, and of course, he agrees totally with Ron Paul. I think the book is called "Marching Towards Hell." At my local GOP there is a book table where they sell pertinent political books. If we could send copies of this book to the committee leaders, anonymously even, we may get somewhere...

Also, pushing the economy issue, and the dangers of an all-powerful Fed may get people to reconsider...Just some thoughts.

Amazon review:

http://www.amazon.com/review/product/0743299698/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?%5Fencoding=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

nc4rp
03-30-2008, 12:10 PM
there is no need to boo and waive signs. We need to be civilized and turn people on to us

be respectful and dignified, but as always enthusiastic! GO TEXAS!!!!!

Bradley in DC
03-30-2008, 12:16 PM
be respectful and dignified, but as always enthusiastic! GO TEXAS!!!!!

+2

mavtek
03-30-2008, 12:48 PM
Yes we had far more success working within the party with respect and dignity than we have otherwise. That's not to say we have to be completely honest and reveal all our intentions, but we aggression and reluctance has not served us well.

goldstandard
03-30-2008, 12:54 PM
there is no need to boo and waive signs. We need to be civilized and turn people on to us. When I left my senatorial convention, I saw a bunch of people who were supporting McCain, not because they were excited about him, but because they felt there was no choice.

The first thing we have to do is to present anti-McCain resolution with some heavy evidence of his un-Republican activities.

This is not very logical. If they believe McCain is the only choice they won't support an anti McCain resolution. I really don't know what's the best plan but you also have to show them an alternative.

kigol
03-30-2008, 12:57 PM
:D

squandertime
03-30-2008, 02:17 PM
hey...... i can boo very respectively.........

i understand what yall are saying, of course.

but certainly we can come together on some type of rally- like a ron paul rally??

Gadsden Flag
03-30-2008, 02:18 PM
Booing, waving signs and other forms of grandstanding/showboating may make you feel cool, but it is also the fastest way to not get anything done and ensure that no one listens to you.

squandertime
03-30-2008, 02:23 PM
i move to have a ron paul rally through some visiable part of town- like the sam houston statue at herman park??

bucfish
03-30-2008, 02:30 PM
McCain Never voted for a Tax Cut which is The BIGGEST Issue amongst Republicans that should be enough to sway those midless sheeple and sway some delegates OUR way! Remember Ron Paul never voted for a tax increase and Never met a Tax Cut he didn't like. Unless it had other strings attached.

texasbelle
03-30-2008, 05:41 PM
I will be at the state convention. Squander is my meet-up leader so she already knows this story but it made my day. I will recap for the forum:

There were 6 people at my county convention and 11 spots for delegates to the state convention so I am going to state conv. It was a really good meeting and to make it even better on the way home I saw a truck with a Ron Paul bumper sticker and as usual I got next to the car to wave thumbs up and it was my county Republican chairman!!! We didnt mention Ron Paul at the meeting to eachother, but I pulled over at a gas station to talk to him more and he is very pro-Ron Paul. We both talked about voting for Ron Paul and how everything he says is happening (dollar destruction..etc) We talked about the unfair media and Ron Paul is the only one who makes sense!! He has been the chairman here for a long time. I am happy to report that not everyone is a neocon!

Banana
03-30-2008, 05:59 PM
I will be at the state convention. Squander is my meet-up leader so she already knows this story but it made my day. I will recap for the forum:

There were 6 people at my county convention and 11 spots for delegates to the state convention so I am going to state conv. It was a really good meeting and to make it even better on the way home I saw a truck with a Ron Paul bumper sticker and as usual I got next to the car to wave thumbs up and it was my county Republican chairman!!! We didnt mention Ron Paul at the meeting to eachother, but I pulled over at a gas station to talk to him more and he is very pro-Ron Paul. We both talked about voting for Ron Paul and how everything he says is happening (dollar destruction..etc) We talked about the unfair media and Ron Paul is the only one who makes sense!! He has been the chairman here for a long time. I am happy to report that not everyone is a neocon!

This is so cool. I love this when this happens.

Also, it's great that we're also picking up old loyal GOPers and that the movement isn't just a bunch of college kids giddy on promises, hopes and changes. :)

ronpaulbillboards
03-30-2008, 06:36 PM
All state delegates please send me email so we can unify a strategy for the convention. We over took one of the most highly contested districts in Austin and that was due to our planning and strategy. We took over all the committee positions, the Chairmanship, Sargent of Arms, Parliamentary, and Secretary as well as the Nominations and Resolutions committee and probably sent close to 30 RP delegates to state. Austin has been the at the center of the RP revolution and we have some very knowledgeable, savvy and dedicated people that have been through this process before. We need to work together on a coordinated strategy to have the biggest impact as possible.

Harold

support @ ronpaulbillboards.com

squandertime
03-30-2008, 08:18 PM
ok, i just sent off my email to ya.......

i have also kept our meetup on the know about what you patriots did out in austin and up in tarrant county

we paulites in southeast texas are so excited to get another chance to be in battle .......

squandertime
03-30-2008, 08:21 PM
hey texasbelle!!!!!!!

love your tag line!!!
lol

randallhilton
03-31-2008, 12:33 PM
we need to brainstorm the activities together !!

lunches....

booing when perry talks....

sign waving....

what can we do and at what time!!!!

lets get it organized

state delegate for ron paul!!
orange county!!

charge!!!!!

robin
Just curious . . . do you want to make a noise or make a difference? Making noise is certainly exciting and a genuine adrenaline rush. But I think you would be pleasantly surprised to find out how much support you can muster from the so called "legacy" if you're interested in making a difference.

dirknb@hotmail.com
03-31-2008, 02:03 PM
See y'all in Houston.

squandertime
03-31-2008, 02:09 PM
i want to do both- gosh dang it!!

dont yall

and i thought by now we could have agreed on something

gee whiz- we only have 2 months to get ready people

me and mine are planting ron pauls signs at least-

goat farmer
03-31-2008, 02:14 PM
the post from ronpaulbillboards is the way to move forward... making fools of ourselves at the state convention by yelling, holding signs, sending through an anti-mccain resolution will do nothing but label every Paul supporter there (no offense).

We need to be organized behind the scenes, play by the rules and get as many of us through to the national convention with as many (logical) changes to the state platform as possible. That is what has gotten us this far.

Stay in touch with your meetups and your coordinators from the grassroots login system (precinct leader/delegate system) - they are already working on it, this is the way we all come together and get some real-world things done. This forum really serves no other purpose than just posting general info and encouragement.... the real work is done person to person at meetups and through email/phone.

If we do this, the neo-cons will be the minority... in reality, Paul can't be president without some sort of miracle. The real goal at this point is to push through Paul's ideals and make them a part of the state platform (most are already in the platform, believe it or not - read it!). The real goal is to take over the GOP and fill it with Ron Paul minded people.. there are more of them already in the party than neo-cons, they just don't realize it yet. Befriend the people in your own party, don't be combative to them, we need them and they need us to clean out the neo-cons. I've found that 99% of the regulars in the party do NOT like McCain, but they are realistic and are assuming he will be the nominee. Instead of wasting their time being mad about it, they are concentrating on things they CAN change, the state platform, resolutions, etc.

OK, then when 75% of everyone at the national convention are with us, maybe a miracle can happen, but you have to get there first and pick up more supporters (already in the party) along the way. At that point, the Revolution will be in control no matter who is the nominee!! Think about our power to lead the party long term.. that's where the true Revolution will succeed, we are the future and they are starting to realize this and for the most part most like it believe it or not!

squandertime
03-31-2008, 02:26 PM
ok so we dont do anything but hide......

got it.

goat farmer
03-31-2008, 02:46 PM

got it.

Of course not, read my post again.

Another thing I think is that we should have a STATE WIDE practice convention with All delegates and alternates that support Ron Paul... Central Texas somewhere... ...

weslinder
03-31-2008, 02:56 PM
From talking to those who have attended Texas conventions in the past, supporting Ron Paul and ideas of liberty is not a stigma among convention goers. My land-grabbing State Senator Tommy Williams was booed loudly at the last one. I will be dressed up and will keep Ron Paul paraphanalia to wristbands and lapel pins, but I will gladly wave signs and boo any neocon or RINO that talks, from Gov. Perry on down.

jblosser
03-31-2008, 03:00 PM
We need to first and foremost remember what brought us here: Respect for individual liberty and personal responsibility, and disdain for the compromise and incrementalist principles that have made our party so ineffective for years. Not one of us has a right to tell another one of us how to vote or how to behave (as long as it's peaceful) or who to boo or not to boo.

I certainly understand the value of organization and coordination but we need to keep in mind that local government works and has worked better for us here in Texas than any overt centralization ever will. All of the counties, SDs, and CDs have some of their own battles to wage and they know those battles better than those in other areas. Before any of us start saying what has to happen based on our experience in our own areas we owe it to ourselves to assess the full situation, understand our macro and micro goals, and then let people pursue them the ways that they believe in.

Freedom movements fail all the time because people try to assert themselves on others too much. That is not our message and it is not our candidate and we can't let it happen here or we will fall prey to their attempts to divide and infiltrate and marginalize us.

Working Poor
03-31-2008, 03:01 PM
!;)

Brown Sapper
03-31-2008, 03:08 PM
If you guys are delagates, try to get on all the commitees. It work well in SD7 and try to find out if there were anymore RP sympathizers that are going to state with you and try to convert them or at least support RP issues. I think the most important issue is unbinding the delagates. That would help tenfold if we can get our guys to national. Try and sneak it onto New Resolution then hopefully it will get pass on a slate.

Brown Sapper
03-31-2008, 03:12 PM
Hey I heard from my meetup that the actual guy from the campaign is going to come down and help organize the people, but don't wait on them to get the ball rolling. Hopefully we can have people on the commitees and people getting more delagates on our side to help push our cause.

Brown Sapper
03-31-2008, 03:12 PM
Wow finally I'm a Senior Member Yeah Me!!!

Carole
03-31-2008, 04:12 PM
The neocons are on to you now, so will be working hard to stop you. They will use every trick in the book.

Stick together and good luck to all of you. Great work so far. :)

squandertime
03-31-2008, 09:58 PM
well in texas you got to understand we are not happy with mccain.
duncan hunter won the straw poll here.
and everyone is pissed at perry.

we have an opportunity here.......... i think....... for something

Akus
03-31-2008, 10:04 PM
This is not very logical. If they believe McCain is the only choice they won't support an anti McCain resolution. I really don't know what's the best plan but you also have to show them an alternative.

i personally would absolutely love if Ron Paul went to Houston and gave a speech about himself and about the situation the Republican party is in. I think that would be an instant turnaround....

torchbearer
03-31-2008, 10:11 PM
i personally would absolutely love if Ron Paul went to Houston and gave a speech about himself and about the situation the Republican party is in. I think that would be an instant turnaround....

QFT.

torchbearer
03-31-2008, 10:13 PM
Wow finally I'm a Senior Member Yeah Me!!!

Heh. Congrats! i have to watch how much i post, once you reach 10,000 post you have to retire from the forum.

Most of my post were bumps..... mostly during the time the trolls were trashing this place at will.... and we did nothing about it in the name of being a "liberty forum".

jblosser
03-31-2008, 10:23 PM
Heh. Congrats! i have to watch how much i post, once you reach 10,000 post you have to retire from the forum.

We have term limits?

torchbearer
03-31-2008, 10:43 PM
We have term limits?

Any truly libertarian society believes in a good rotation of leadership. :D

Tarzan
03-31-2008, 10:53 PM

got it.

I don't think anyone is suggesting you hide. Some tactics do not work to our advantage.

For example... when Perry (thug) speaks don't boo him down... instead meet his every word with deafening silence... that can make as much of a statement as booing... perhaps a better one.

Imagine Rick (I want to steal your land and give to my rich friends and prepare for my retirement) Perry finishing his speech without any applause... then the sound of crickets chirping... near silence.

Or, have everyone stand and turn their back on him... something like the vets did to Clinton the First. And have key people ready to answer questions so you can clearly express what the statement means... and maybe make the news.

Sign waving is fun but has never produced any huge results... signs are also rather common at a convention. So, maybe another type of statement... find a seating chart... see if you can have RP delegates wear the same color shirts and take seats that will spell out his name when viewed from a high angle... or, have all RP delegates wear the same color shirt with an RP slogan... come up with something cool and new.

Acting as a group would be great... just come up with some novel ideas to get attention yet retain a very respectable mode of conduct... THAT will stun our detractors and possible win even more support.

again... be sure to have well spoken individuals ready to talk to the media... this will be a big opportunity... especially if someone can come up with novel ideas.
:)

Tarzan
03-31-2008, 11:33 PM
Oh... and one more thing... while I do not like the "March on Washington" plans for a number of reasons... but, that aside:

Imagine if the venue of a major Ron Paul March were to be Houston (rather than DC)... during the state gop convention... just a few miles from RPs congressional district... and just a few miles from the beaches along the Gulf Coast for a combined vacation... hmmmm.

just a random thought

Akus
04-01-2008, 12:10 AM
I certainly understand the value of organization and coordination but we need to keep in mind that local government works and has worked better for us here in Texas than any overt centralization ever will. All of the counties, SDs, and CDs have some of their own battles to wage and they know those battles better than those in other areas. Before any of us start saying what has to happen based on our experience in our own areas we owe it to ourselves to assess the full situation, understand our macro and micro goals, and then let people pursue them the ways that they believe in.

Jblosser I agree with you that we need to plant roots in our local neck of the wood before the major shifts in the Washington D.C. take place, but as I read the platforms of the local sheriffs and as I hear the major issues of the local Republicans, I can't help them.

The reason I can't help them is because I think that either the problems that they talk about are really simptoms of a problem or problems on the federal level.

I don't see what I can do about illegal immigration problem in Dallas. I find it pointless to look into every corner and under every rug searching for illegal aliens because the migration north from Mexico is a natural free market movement that is problematic specifically because of endless government red tape. This is very similar to migration of Blacks north in 40s and 50s as the industrial North had jobs and agrarian South didn't.

Neither do I see what I can do about freeing all the non-violent drug offenders. Neither Dallas Co Sheriff Nominee (Bowles/Cannady) can do that, even if they wanted to (I think). The over population of prisons with non-violent drug offenders is a federal problem. It is at D.C. that someone has to repeal this idiotic laws that hurt innocent people and do absolutely nothing to curb drug abuse.

I hope you understand what I mean. Most problems cannot be solved on a local level because they're approached fundamentally wrong from the beginning.

cjhowe
04-01-2008, 01:41 AM
Jblosser I agree with you that we need to plant roots in our local neck of the wood before the major shifts in the Washington D.C. take place, but as I read the platforms of the local sheriffs and as I hear the major issues of the local Republicans, I can't help them.

The reason I can't help them is because I think that either the problems that they talk about are really simptoms of a problem or problems on the federal level.

I don't see what I can do about illegal immigration problem in Dallas. I find it pointless to look into every corner and under every rug searching for illegal aliens because the migration north from Mexico is a natural free market movement that is problematic specifically because of endless government red tape. This is very similar to migration of Blacks north in 40s and 50s as the industrial North had jobs and agrarian South didn't.

Neither do I see what I can do about freeing all the non-violent drug offenders. Neither Dallas Co Sheriff Nominee (Bowles/Cannady) can do that, even if they wanted to (I think). The over population of prisons with non-violent drug offenders is a federal problem. It is at D.C. that someone has to repeal this idiotic laws that hurt innocent people and do absolutely nothing to curb drug abuse.

I hope you understand what I mean. Most problems cannot be solved on a local level because they're approached fundamentally wrong from the beginning.

Akus, I think he was referring to party battles, not legislative ones.

american.swan
04-01-2008, 01:57 AM
Booing, waving signs and other forms of grandstanding/showboating may make you feel cool, but it is also the fastest way to not get anything done and ensure that no one listens to you.

agreed

HollyforRP
04-01-2008, 02:15 AM
Oh whatever.

If the main poster were a guy, you'd be all like YEAH!!!!

It was done to Guliani was it not?

If you want to go boo at Mccain, do it. It's not like Hannity was never chased down the street. It's not like Guliani amongst others were not booed at and had surprise supporters from Ron Paul.

Some of you are merely doing this because the OP is a she. Get over it.

orlandoinfl
04-06-2008, 10:50 PM
You need to learn the Robert's Rules of Order and parliamentary procedure.
You also need to learn how to make legit resolutions which can lead to unbinding delegates.
Try contacting Dr Steve Parent at newspaper4paul @hotmail.com