PDA

View Full Version : Operation Letters To The Editor

max
08-19-2007, 08:18 PM
Who's with me on this? It only takes 1 minute!

We can reach MILLIONS of readers with this simple template:

Cut and paste the letter below to the letters to the editor section of your local newspaper. Edit it as you see fit and include your name, address, and telephone for verification. (You can also snail mail) ****IF YOU CHOOSE TO WRITE YOUR OWN LETTER...MAKE SURE YOU ACTUALLY DO IT INSTEAD OF TALKING ABOUT DOING IT****

To the Editor:

Just when I had given up on politics, I spotted a flier on my car windshield. I was impressed and intrigued by the information on Congressman Ron Paul.

Ron Paul is running for president and is rapidly building a volunteer grassroots army. As an OB-GYN, he delivered 4000 babies. I was amazed to learn that in his 20 years as a Congressman, Dr. Paul had NEVER voted for a tax increase. He never voted for an unbalanced budget. He voted against his own payraise. He returns part of his office budget to the US Treasury each year. He has a realistic plan to phase out the I.R.S. by reducing government waste. He was one of just four Republicans to vote against the war in Iraq.

I see now why his supporters are so passionate about what they call "The Ron Paul Revolution." Doctor, statesman, author , this truly is a man of remarkable moral and intellectual character. I cannot for the life of me understand why I had to learn about him through a flier and a website instead of from the "mainstream" media. Why are we being fed a steady diet of Rudy-Romney-Hilary-Obama when there is a statesman like Ron Paul running?

I urge my fellow Americans, Republican or Democrat, to have a look at Dr. Paul by visiting www.RonPaul2008.com. I think you will like what you see. I know I did, which is why I sent him $200!

John Doe
123 Main st
Anytown, USA
(555) 555-5555

Who is willing to send this???

AMack
08-19-2007, 08:28 PM
I am, but are you sure that we are able to copy and paste something that somebody else wrote about RP? Aren't we supposed to write our own letter or something?

max
08-19-2007, 08:30 PM
you can write whatever you want...but for folks who dont want to take the time to write...or have trouble knowing what to write..I made this template...

the newspsper wont know who wrote it...yu can just put your name to it..

the important thing is to get letters out constantly

Spirit of '76
08-19-2007, 08:32 PM
I am, but are you sure that we are able to copy and paste something that somebody else wrote about RP? Aren't we supposed to write our own letter or something?

Yeah, I would recommend writing your own letter from the heart. :)

noxagol
08-19-2007, 10:36 PM
Just write ANYTHING about Ron Paul that is good and explanatory. I plan to write a serious of letters titled, Tired of X (where x is the issue) and tell them how Ron Paul will save the day on that issue and how the others will fail.

rinkuhero
08-26-2007, 08:15 AM
Using a template to write a letter to an editor is a virtual guarantee that it won't be published. Editors can use Google you know, and most of them do, to prevent plagiarism.

I think writing a letter to the editor of your local newspaper is a great idea and I've done it myself, but I really suggest writing your own letter in your own words and personalizing it to your local area because it's unlikely that a letter using a template will be published.

zahirakids
08-29-2007, 09:07 PM
It is a great idea. I think it would be good to come up with lots of template letters. Make ones for specific issues etc.

squandertime
12-05-2007, 02:02 PM
well here in beaumont we just sent in our letters to the beaumont emnterprise........

wasnt many but i think 6 letters will get their attention.

be great if all the southeast texas meetup groups would come together and write a 250 word letter explaining why they are voting for ron paul and send it to the houston chronicle......