08-19-2007, 08:17 PM
http://www.wjhg.com/home/headlines/9250251.html

Local NBC channel 7

Ron Paul Rally Save Email Print

Posted: 7:47 PM Aug 19, 2007
Last Updated: 7:47 PM Aug 19, 2007
Reporter: Camille Williams
Email Address: Camille.Williams@wjhg.com

A local group held a rally this afternoon outside the Golden Coral on 23rd Street to show their support for the presidential candidate.

U.S. House of Representative and Texan Republican Ron Paul is running in the 2008 presidential race. It was a party to help spread the word about presidential candidate Ron Paul.

There were a handful of supporters from Panama City and Fountain out there waving signs and handing out fliers. Several Panama City residents say they share the same interests as Ron Paul and have formed a "meet up group" to support him.

Some of the interests include his opposition in abortion, capital punishment and universal heath care, and his support for free trade, the military "don't ask, don't tell" policy and tighter border security.

Some say he is the leading advocate for freedom in our nation's capital.

"He's not just trying to butter me up, get me to go on his side and a lot of people like that. We're tired of the same old, we'll tell you what you want to hear, just vote for me," said Raymond Thomas.

"He is the only Republican who's for bringing the troops home and against the war. This is a military town. We have Tyndall here. A lot of our folks who live here are military and they miss their loved ones," said Judith Hicks, a meet up group member.

For more information about presidential candidate Ron Paul, go to www.ronpaul2008.com.

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-19-2007, 08:56 PM
Some of the interests include his opposition in abortion, capital punishment and universal heath care, and his support for free trade, the military "don't ask, don't tell" policy and tighter border security.

"Don't ask, don't tell?" Ya, that's really a mainstay of his speeches. The only time I heard him mention that, he was asked squarely about that policy. Ah well, everyone hears what they want to hear. No big deal.

jj111
08-19-2007, 09:35 PM
I just emailed the reporter and thanked her for the story and encouraged continued coverage of Ron Paul's campaign.

surf
08-19-2007, 09:39 PM
i'm looking forward to the ten-o'clock broadcast on "newschannel 7"

hatefalseweight
08-19-2007, 10:41 PM
Julie Bandaras of Fox got a few bouquets after the decent interview with Fox. Camille should get no less ... wow 2 minutes with 2 people getting to speak and a plug for the campaign site. Good job Panama City!

noxagol
08-19-2007, 10:49 PM
I also sent an email of thanks and saying she should follow up a great deal, she won't regret it.

ghemminger
08-19-2007, 10:56 PM
It look s great , but is this considered MSM...This is more like Local news....Local news is great...but it doesn't equal a national publication or National News show

noxagol
08-20-2007, 12:05 AM
It look s great , but is this considered MSM...This is more like Local news....Local news is great...but it doesn't equal a national publication or National News show

I'll take what I can get! Thank the lady anyways, it will encourage her to do more.

0zzy
08-20-2007, 07:36 AM
My letter to the editor:

I just wanted to thank you for writing about Ron Paul. Although I think you could have done a better job of expressing his views. Specifically this paragraph:

Ron Paul's main message is about bringing back civil liberties, monterary policy, and foreign policy. Instead this only expresses his oppositions and includes his support for "don't ask, don't tell", which I don't think that is one of his important issues, especially considering he doesn't support the way they enforce it (firing homosexual military personnel).

Just thought I'd just give you my critique. Next time (if ever) you write about him try to have a nice paragraph about his main issues :).

Thanks,

Brent Burk

V-rod
08-20-2007, 09:29 AM
I'll take a dozen small local news reports over a 10 minute national "MSM" interview. Most Americans rather watch local news than the boring repetitive dribble which is cable news. Their ratings have been decreasing thanks to the internet, and their own hard hitting celeb worship.

angelatc
08-20-2007, 10:00 AM
"Don't ask, don't tell?" Ya, that's really a mainstay of his speeches. The only time I heard him mention that, he was asked squarely about that policy. Ah well, everyone hears what they want to hear. No big deal.

He doesn't support it. He has said at least twice that he thinks it is a bad policy.

Edited to add: The Google interview is once, and this interview with antiwar.com radio is the other one I was thinking of. http://www.ronpaulaudio.com/rpaudio/RonPaulScottHortoninterviewAntiwar.com081707.mp3

JoshLowry
08-20-2007, 10:08 AM
He doesn't support it. He has said at least twice that he thinks it is a bad policy.

Actually he thinks it is a decent policy. Not sure if you missed this part of the debate, but it's a great explanation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4UAhbMRpQU

CodeMonkey
08-20-2007, 10:12 AM
Actually he thinks it is a decent policy. Not sure if you missed this part of the debate, but it's a great explanation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4UAhbMRpQU

In the Google interview, he clarifies what he said in the debate. Basically he thinks "don't ask, don't tell" is a pretty good strategy to follow, but he also doesn't think anyone should be kicked out if they do "tell", as it happens currently.

specsaregood
08-21-2007, 04:49 PM
I just emailed the reporter and thanked her for the story and encouraged continued coverage of Ron Paul's campaign.

AWESOME.

I emailed the reporter and suggested she drop in on the next local Ron Paul Meetup group meeting. She wrote back and said that was a great idea and would see about doing that!

"That's a good idea!
I'll let my assignment editor know about the next meeting and hopefully I'll be there!
Thanks for the feedback!
Camille Williams
WJHG TV News Reporter"

Better put on your dress clothes!

pennycat
08-21-2007, 04:52 PM
Great work. Call them again on coming to your meeting!