PDA

View Full Version : I'm SO MAD at myself!

spacebetween
03-30-2008, 12:24 AM
I'm SO angry at myself for not taking time off work to see the nominations committee this past week to be considered as a state delegate!! I had convinced myself there was no way I could be chosen as a delegate. I told myself my resume wouldn't have been good enough, I wouldn't be "Republican" enough (in the eyes of the old guard on the committee), and that I had no chance. In retrospect, though, I should have at least tried.

Despite my emotional exhaustion after our very long SD-14 convention, I feel so re-energized for spreading the message of liberty, the Constitution, and true conservatism.

I wish there was a way to get to the Texas state convention now. D'OH!!!:(

bulloncoins
03-30-2008, 12:30 AM
I'm SO angry at myself for not taking time off work to see the nominations committee this past week to be considered as a state delegate!! I had convinced myself there was no way I could be chosen as a delegate. I told myself my resume wouldn't have been good enough, I wouldn't be "Republican" enough (in the eyes of the old guard on the committee), and that I had no chance. In retrospect, though, I should have at least tried.

Despite my emotional exhaustion after our very long SD-14 convention, I feel so re-energized for spreading the message of liberty, the Constitution, and true conservatism.

They will need a ton of volunteers to work at the convention. Wouldn't it be cool if the all had Ron Paul shirts and pins on. Go to the Harris county GOP website. They should have information about the State convention and how to volunteer.

Bradley in DC
03-30-2008, 01:47 AM
As you point out, GOTV and getting active in the party are paramount to our having an effect. Hopefully this thread and advice will motivate more people and elect more delegates than just the one we might have lost in you. :)

nc4rp
03-30-2008, 09:42 AM

heres your answer:

purasuade a McCain delegate to vote for Paul. that will about be as good as yourself becoming a delegate.

helping McCain delegates to understand Pauls message will be infectious. explain your plight, pursuade a McCain delegate to come to their senses and vote Paul!!!

tajitj
03-30-2008, 10:10 AM
We need to come together at the State convention and really try to get things done. You know it will only get worse at state. They will pull every trick they can to put us in the street. Even if we have 15% total delegates and alternate delegates that is hundreds of supporters.

Make sure all delegates email HQ with your contact info. On HQ site under Texas. Contact link bottom left of page.