PDA

View Full Version : I think this should be noted for future conventions...

Zera
03-29-2008, 11:04 PM
Through several stories from Texas, I think something has been learned tonight.

If you see that Paul supporters haven't outnumbered the other people at your conventions, don't try to pass resolutions that would make it apparent you are a Paul supporter. Instead, try to keep quiet and get yourself and the other Paul supporters who are there to become state delegates... This is much more important than passing resolutions at the county level which will be easily shot down because of the neocons!

NBTxn4RP
03-29-2008, 11:07 PM
That's basically what we did in our county convention...I didn't sweat the other resolutions because I knew that other counties (SD's) with more Ron Paul supporters would get them pushed through - we can always vote for them at state!

spacebetween
03-29-2008, 11:08 PM
Through several stories from Texas, I think something has been learned tonight.

If you see that Paul supporters haven't outnumbered the other people at your conventions, don't try to pass resolutions that would make it apparent you are a Paul supporter. Instead, try to keep quiet and get yourself and the other Paul supporters who are there to become state delegates... This is much more important than passing resolutions at the county level which will be easily shot down because of the neocons!

In SD-14's case, though, we hadn't even a chance to go over resolutions. The majority knew that the minority consisted of Ron Paul supporters, even acknowledging us as the "Ron Paul supporters." The delegates were decided for the large precincts by caucusing -- the rest, about 20%+ of the representation (which actually amounted to a majority of the precincts, since they were small), were chosen by the Nominations Committee primarily during the days before the convention.

I believe it's better that they knew of our presence, in order to understand we were truly a force to be reckoned with. Not just now, but in the future, as well.

TastyWheat
03-29-2008, 11:34 PM
I agree. Resolutions are the "fun" part of the convention, but nominations are the most important. They probably won't have a full slate of delegates and alternates before the convention. If you're not on the preliminary list go to the nominations committee and convince them that you should be on it. It's much easier to convince the committee than the entire delegation (via amending the list).

TastyWheat
04-06-2008, 09:08 AM
Also, I should mention filling up the list of delegates (with RP supporters) is the most important thing to do. Even if the person cannot and will not go to the next level they're, in effect, keeping out someone who likely does not support the cause.