PDA

View Full Version : Blog of events that transpired in TX SD-14

spacebetween
03-29-2008, 10:35 PM
I found this blog of the events that transpired at the Texas SD-14 convention today. I was a delegate to this convention, and I think it is a fairly accurate representation of what occurred today.

Our convention lasted nearly 14 hours, so I'm exhausted, as I'm sure most of the delegates are. This blog will probably be the most to come out of anyone from SD-14 for tonight.

Of particular interest in this blog is the Convention Chair's involvement in Legacy PAC, which you can read about on page 2. Legacy PAC fought long and hard against the Ron Paul folks.

http://blogcritics.org/archives/2008/03/29/154749.php

MozoVote
03-29-2008, 10:38 PM
Sounds like there would have been another Paulite takeover, if the convention had been reasonably parliamentary, instead of a Legacy PAC den.

spacebetween
03-29-2008, 10:43 PM
Sounds like there would have been another Paulite takeover, if the convention had been reasonably parliamentary, instead of a Legacy PAC den.

A den, indeed.

ronpaulbillboards
03-29-2008, 10:51 PM
Wow! looks like it was bit crazier up there. We took power and it was still a hard day fighting these amendments and all the ruckus about the delegate selection and if they voted for Ron Paul or not and that finally was resolved peacefully after some fireworks and someone yelled out some cusswords.
I can't imagine sitting through all this being in the minority and having to hold in your dissatisfaction.

xRedfoxx
03-29-2008, 10:55 PM
The SD14 convention was awesome!! We had RP supporters involved in every aspect of the convention. We volunteered to set up, in registrations, on all the committees, and we fought like hell!!! Not sure of the final percentages yet, but we sent a BUNCH to state!! Congrats to everyone for their hard work. It paid off.

ronpaulbillboards
03-29-2008, 10:59 PM
Yes! We did it big in Austin even though we lost the popular vote. Hah

NBTxn4RP
03-29-2008, 11:03 PM
I knew you'd do it right in Austin after going to the rally! I wish I could've gone to your conventions.

In New Braunfels, our Meetup couldn't even get off the ground...as far as I know, I'm the only one going to state - and as alternate #42 of 45!

orlandoinfl
04-06-2008, 11:01 PM
good job