PDA

View Full Version : One nation, under God, for liberty and justice for all.

hillbilly123069
03-29-2008, 08:57 PM
My fellow Patriots, Constitutionalists,Americans,
We can all see what is happening, if you follow the links here.We see our government maneuvering people, sites, and laws into positions for something.What, scares the hell out of me to think about. My biggest worry is that if/when the US supreme court comes back in favor of restrictive gun laws, that will be the gauntlet thrown down. With the rapid growing popularity of using our Right to Petition, they will soon be forced to unconstitutionally block any action on our part. Think I'm crazy if you want to.Our time is up.People who make peaceful revolution impossible make violent revolution inevitable(Kennedy) and Dc doesn't care what we have to say anymore. God blessed the founding fathers with a country that became the most powerful force the world has ever seen in the face of the most impossible odds. Amazing how fast it started falling apart when the government started to push Him out of our public image. Pray for restoration under his glory and to see us through the coming storm. May God bless and keep us all.

Dr.3D
03-29-2008, 10:59 PM
It is true, a nation that forsakes God will be forsaken by God. First we lose our respect for God, then we lose our liberty and finally our justice. So the notion of 'One nation, under God, with liberty and justice for all' is going to become one nation forsaking God, without liberty or justice for anyone.

sophocles07
03-30-2008, 12:00 AM
God you guys with "God" bullshit are fucking ridiculous.

It has NOTHING to do with "God."

nate895
03-30-2008, 12:20 AM

Don't mind these ramblings. It is what happens when you don't want to accept responsibility for your actions.

AutoDas
03-30-2008, 12:24 AM
One nation with liberty and justice for all.

Dr.3D
03-30-2008, 07:35 AM
Don't mind these ramblings. It is what happens when you don't want to accept responsibility for your actions.

Yes, I'm getting quite tired of that noise.

Gideon
03-30-2008, 01:05 PM

...but your signature quotes are from a man who believed in a Divine Creative Being which he sometimes referred to as "God."

As a reformed humanist, I can certainly comprehend your perspective, but your caustic and dogmatic reaction above projects an internal, spiritual struggle.

Too late, I already prayed for you.

sophocles07
03-30-2008, 02:07 PM
...but your signature quotes are from a man who believed in a Divine Creative Being which he sometimes referred to as "God."

Shit! He did????? I guess I'll take it out and change my views! God damn, I thought I had it all right!!!

Also, I read nate's comment as talking about people who put everything off on god (ramblers who don't take personal responsibility), not me.

nate895
03-30-2008, 02:09 PM
Shit! He did????? I guess I'll take it out and change my views! God damn, I thought I had it all right!!!

Also, I read nate's comment as talking about people who put everything off on god (ramblers who don't take personal responsibility), not me.

Since you seem to lack basic logic, you are going on my ignore list.

hillbilly123069
03-30-2008, 03:06 PM
You will still answer.

As a reformed humanist, I can certainly comprehend your perspective, but your caustic and dogmatic reaction above projects an internal, spiritual struggle.

Too late, I already prayed for you.

1000-points-of-fright
03-30-2008, 03:52 PM
So the notion of 'One nation, under God, with liberty and justice for all' is going to become one nation forsaking God, without liberty or justice for anyone.

"Under God" was added to the pledge of allegiance in 1954 during the Red scare in an attempt to differentiate ourselves from "them Godless Commies".

Does this mean that God ignored the USA for the first 178 years of its existence?

SL89
03-30-2008, 04:45 PM
Bump for 1000-points of info! OK one point I was unaware of. I still think God has played a role throughout our history. Good or bad, religion is part of our National Identity.

1000-points-of-fright
03-30-2008, 05:30 PM
Is God (if such a thing exists) an individualist or collectivist?

If God is an individualist, then he shouldn't care whether or not the "nation" as an entity pays him lip service with pledges and symbols on the courthouse lawn or in schools. He should only care about what people as individuals do.

If God is a collectivist then he is the enemy of Liberty.

As an agnostic, I really don't care. I deal in facts.

familydog
03-30-2008, 05:53 PM
Bump for 1000-points of info! OK one point I was unaware of. I still think God has played a role throughout our history. Good or bad, religion is part of our National Identity.

Of course it is. There are ample facts back that up. Does that mean our founders wanted a theocracy? Of course not, but there is a plethora of evidence to show Christianity played a major role in the lives of Americans from the colonial days to the present. Religion is part of American reform and always has been agree or disagree with it being used in such a way.

AutoDas
03-30-2008, 06:42 PM

Religion has its place, in the remains of US history textbooks.

Dr.3D
04-01-2008, 05:46 AM
Religion has its place, in the remains of US history textbooks.

It sure does... let's hope nobody tries to take it out of them.

dirknb@hotmail.com
04-01-2008, 06:29 AM
Q: How do you get people to follow you, live as you say, give 10% of their income to you, spread this belief to the whole planet, and convince them that if they don't they will miss out on the good life after they die and suffer unimaginably forever, and do so with no evidence supporting anything you say?

A: Write a manual for their lives that outlines these things, say it's God's words, and refer to it to defend all of your positions and arguments.

No one knows the true nature of God, anyone who claims to be writing or speaking His words is yanking your chain for their own benefit. The sooner the Christians, Muslims and Jews figure out that they're being played against each other like a bunch of suckers the sooner the world will be a better place.

allyinoh
04-01-2008, 07:09 AM
Is God (if such a thing exists) an individualist or collectivist?

If God is an individualist, then he shouldn't care whether or not the "nation" as an entity pays him lip service with pledges and symbols on the courthouse lawn or in schools. He should only care about what people as individuals do.

If God is a collectivist then he is the enemy of Liberty.

As an agnostic, I really don't care. I deal in facts.

But you don't realize that you and others who act in hatred towards the Christians on this forum are collectivists.

Kade
04-01-2008, 07:55 AM
But you don't realize that you and others who act in hatred towards the Christians on this forum are collectivists.

Since when did collectivism become associated with independent thought, non-conformism, rational inquiry, and criticism of the status quo?

That's -10 cool points AA.

micahnelson
04-01-2008, 08:02 AM
People seem to think that a belief in God is going to fix this country's political problems. We left england when there was institutional christianity. The Spanish had institutional christianity.

As a christian, I believe a relationship with God can change the way the individual acts in society.

That said.

We have gotten where we are while maintaining a significant Christian majority. I don't think a return to religion is going to fix any of the infringement on our rights that we see in America today. The only thing that will fix that is a renewed understanding of the preciousness of liberty- the liberty to worship or not worship, speak or remain silent, pursue wealth or live a simple life.

This means in many ways we will have to put our personal agendas on hold for the greater cause of preserving a beacon of liberty. As John Adams said:

"I must study Politicks and War that my sons may have liberty to study Mathematicks and Philosophy. My sons ought to study Mathematicks and Philosophy, Geography, natural History, Naval Architecture, navigation, Commerce and Agriculture, in order to give their Children a right to study Painting, Poetry, Musick, Architecture, Statuary, Tapestry and Porcelaine."

I would never ask people to abandon their faith, but I would ask that we not make it a dividing issue unnecessarily.