PDA

View Full Version : Proud of my fellows here in Texas

DeadtoSin
03-29-2008, 08:16 PM
Guys, I think what we did demands some celebration! I know tommorow I'm going to do a bit of partying for our victory! We might not have won more delegates than McCain, but we won an equally important victory here in Texas. As I read all the great stories, I am certainly emboldened about my positions. In my county convention our people were the most vocal and knew the rules better than the regulars.

We took a group full of people who thought it would be business as usual, and turned the whole thing on its head. Those people didn't expect to hear dissent from the decisions of the committee. When they heard our dissent, half of the room REALLY listened. We garnered enough support to formally oppose the Real ID and enough votes to nearly formally call for a repeal of the Federal Reserve Act and go back to the gold standard. Through our speeches we nearly convinced half a room of die-hard republicans to go back to the gold standard! The people there were impressed with our knowledge, and our ability to use the rules to our advantage! Best of all, I know who to work on. Many people I am close to actually truly listened to us today.

As far as I can tell, things like this are happening all across Texas. We can take back our state! All it takes is one person at a time, and its happening! Keep fighting the good fight, and lets try to stay organized after everything is said and done.

I hit a low point after Super Tuesday and I needed to take a short break to get back to 100%. Well, I'm back and I'm more excited and ready than I ever was before Super Tuesday!

Kotin
03-29-2008, 08:48 PM
hear hear!!

We showed them we are a force to be reckoned with!

I'm proud of you lonestar state, dont mess with Ron Paul and dont mess with Texas!!

Akus
03-29-2008, 08:51 PM
now the most important and ever so frequently asked question - will this enthusiasm translate into votes?

or, in a more relevant format, will we have enough delegates to say stick it to McCain and McCain people in Houston?

manny229
03-29-2008, 09:02 PM
Excellent job! Thank you Texas! :)

Hoover Dog 1957
03-29-2008, 11:45 PM
I attended the SD-14 convention in Travis county, where our state Capitol building and Governor Perry resides. Of course unlike our Capitol, Governor Perry lives in a rental property at tax payers expense, while the Governors Mansion is being remodeled.

What I was most disappointed with was the caliber of our elected Republican office holders ability to give speeches before the delegates of the convention that spoke to any important issues that concern the electorate. In other words they didn't express a philosophical cause that had any backbone. Perry only spoke of the worthiness of supporting the Boy Scouts and ignored any issues of what represents the ideas of the Republican Party regarding the war, monetary policy, foreign policy, immigration policy, tax policy, budget policy, constitutional issues that our elected officials disregard, the TTC, NAU, NAFTA, etc. He said absolutely nothing except to placate the Christian rights need to have God, family values, rights of the unborn to be expressed without the forethought of how it effects the rights of the individual. All the speakers were very shallow and expressed no real conservative values of how our individual rights are supreme and how government power is a product of the peoples will directed by our constitution. This is the guideline for restraining the power of our government with the understanding that the people are in ultimate control. They must answer to our dictates not the other way around. I am proud to be a part of this second American revolution to reinstate the peoples power over the government and make them accountable to our rights. We are not slaves of the state. We elect these representatives to follow the rule of law and the constitution. They are our servants and they must answer to the electorate and finally a true patriot of our great republic, Dr. Ron Paul, has inspired and educated us to that power and right of the people. Finally the individual has expressed his/her rights are most important, not the collective and the revolution I have been waiting for all my life, 50 years, has grown deep roots and will not be disregarded. Finally the individual will be heard and not allowed to be a slave of the collective and the State. I saw true patriots take a stand and express their inalienable rights of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Do not comprimise your rights as an individual to your right to live your life as your own, and not a slave to the collective or the State. WE THE PEOPLE must not allow the government to rule us, but its power must come from our will and our rights to live as we wish as long as we do not violate another persons body, property or freedom. Thank you Dr. Ron Paul for inspiring me to understand that the right of the individual must be protected at all costs and that is the purpose of the Constitution that lay the foundation of this republic.

walter
03-30-2008, 12:09 AM
I am being vague because I am sure that all three of the McCain supporters probable are trying to find out what we are up to by reading this, but one large South Eastern county has about 70% RP delegates and one Eastern county has 50% RP delegates! Report to the campaign if you are a delegate, but keep it on the low on all public forums as we still have work to do !!!!!!!

Conza88
03-30-2008, 08:30 AM
I am being vague because I am sure that all three of the McCain supporters probable are trying to find out what we are up to by reading this, but one large South Eastern county has about 70% RP delegates and one Eastern county has 50% RP delegates! Report to the campaign if you are a delegate, but keep it on the low on all public forums as we still have work to do !!!!!!!

Wrong. Shout it from the roof tops.

What are we trying to do? ->

SAVE AMERICA & thus the world.

“Truth is not only violated by falsehood; it may be equally outraged by silence”
Henri Frederic Amiel

Sarge
03-30-2008, 08:55 AM
As one who lived in Texas several years prior, I must say an awesome job Texas!

You make us all proud.

I might be missing it, but is there any feedback how Dallas went?

Tia

d03boy
03-30-2008, 09:27 AM
Congrats.

Keeping successes like this quiet will only hurt us in the end. If we want a victory then we need to do it openly (by victory, I mean it in all senses, not just presidency). We must give the McCain supporters their chance to fight for their man. When they fail, only then can we say that we beat them fair and square. Undermining them by staying quiet is not the right way to go about it. Give them as much time to prepare as possible so when they're sitting in front of a bunch of delegates they have no excuse as to why they can't explain why to vote for McCain.

walter
03-30-2008, 01:34 PM
Wrong. Shout it from the roof tops.

What are we trying to do? ->

SAVE AMERICA & thus the world.

The Republican Elite, whether you want to admit it or not, is a formible engrained machine. Our successes WILL be shouted from the rooftops when that time comes, but we should not encourage our opposition to develop plans to thwart us now, there is no advantage gained by alarming our opposition and having them start 'rounding their wagons now. The element of surprise was swung many an honorable battle before, and we are a new to this. If they see our sucess do you think they will not work against us while there is still time in states yet to elect delegates? We need and should hold EVERY advantage we can get so that we are not shot down when the battle comes! Even Dr. Paul has stated that Chris Peden, by announcing he was winning early on, caused Paul supporters to fight even harder and may have cost himself a victory. Let's NOT go down like Chris Peden! There is no disadvantage to veiling our numbers until th battle begins at the Convention, only many advantages. NEVER UNDERESTIMATE YOUR OPPONENT !!! Many battles have been LOST due to such HUBRIS! Dr. Paul is the example of HUMILITY AND STRENGTH, let's follow his example!

walter
03-30-2008, 01:38 PM
Even Jean McIver, the State coordinator, has stated we should keep our numbers to ourselves, the time for a victory celebration is AFTER the battle is won!

DeadtoSin
03-30-2008, 01:44 PM
Yeah, its not really necessary to hijack my thread. I would agree with you if I was taking a tally of RP delegates or something, but I'm just celebrating our victory. I don't want to hear anything more about secrecy in this topic, this is a topic of celebration.

walter
03-30-2008, 01:45 PM
SEE !!! http://www.star-telegram.com/news/story/552184.html

The party regulars, aware that Paul’s supporters won a similar campaign in Missouri, brought in extra troops of their own.

Anyone on here advocating "Shouting successes from the rooftops" are inflitrators wanting to know how many opposition forces to rally at the next state convention! STOP!

DeadtoSin
03-30-2008, 01:51 PM
Yeah, the tinfoil hat convention is that way. ----------->

I'm not some infiltrator. Please leave my topic alone, and create your own.