PDA

View Full Version : Back from Two Conventions Today

Dustancostine
03-29-2008, 07:59 PM
Hey guys,

Got some great news for you.

First, my County Chairman has resigned and I have become the Robertson County Texas GOP Chairman. Second is that 3 out of 6 delegates to the State Convention are Ron Paul supporters, the other 3 and the 6 alternates aren't neocons. We passed resolutions against AG subsidies, against the Trans Texas Corridor, against abortion, against the government involvement in marriage, against the income tax (coupled with fair tax), against the Kyoto Protocol, against Kodex Elementarius, for the right to bear arms, for immigration enforcement.

Then I went to the Brazos County (College Station, Bryan) convention. It went wonderful, we got 5 delegates and 25 alternates out of 52 delegates and 52 alternate (we had three people on the nominations committee). We were highly organized and know exactly who are people are. Then the resolution came up. The resolutions committee (of which we also had three members) had prepared 88 resolutions to be submitted. This is after 4 hours of other business. So they voted resolutions in block. I was so proud of our people. Every time a block of resolutions had an amendment that was disagreeable our supporters stood up and spoke out against it, even though we did not have a majority. And every time we failed, and every time I was so proud of our guys because they still had the courage to speak out for liberty, just like Dr. No. Then the last block that was considered was national security and it included support of the patriot act. And you know WHAT? Several of our guys made great speeches, and several neocons made decent ones two, but we won, WE Won and the patriot act was taken out of the platform. I almost cried. We actually convinced about a fourth of the room to join with us, these same people who all along during the other resolutions voted against us, finally came around and understood.

It was beautiful. And what was even more beautiful was that we didn't have to do it in a confrontational way, our guys were smart and well spoken. We made many good friends with the establishment of the GOP. We even had other Republicans coming to our guys and thanking them for helping the GOP and thanking them for attending. We even had one guy apologize for having such misconceptions of the Ron Paul supporters.

Well I hope more good news comes flowing in. I am emotionally drained.

--Dustan

Cowlesy
03-29-2008, 08:02 PM
Fucking proud of you guys in Texas.

The next time you see a person on this board saying our efforts aren't worth it, remember the post above...and the scores of posts from victories in other states.

This is OUR country.

Banana
03-29-2008, 08:03 PM
This is truly beautiful.

Goes to show that freedom and liberty is indeed popular. You just need to present it.

Dustancostine
03-29-2008, 08:14 PM
BTW I would like to add that our State Senator came and talked to the Brazos County Convention today and he spoke about the need to do something about the Fed and that they were out of control. And he is a neocon.

I also heard from another person that went to watch multiple conventions, that he heard elected officials include the Fed at two other conventions.

The Revolution is spreading.

Cowlesy
03-29-2008, 08:16 PM
No letting up.

No fucking surrender.

nc4rp
03-29-2008, 11:42 PM
great news!

"this proves that once the message is understood it is widely supported" - Ron Paul - after winning his Congressional District nomination with 70% of the vote.

Mahkato
03-29-2008, 11:46 PM
We got a resolution passed today at our Minnesota District 1 convention something to the effect of "We support an incremental return to the gold standard" and a few others. Change is happening. I pray only that it comes quickly enough!

spacebetween
03-29-2008, 11:47 PM
Haha, the Congressman that spoke at our convention, Rep. McCaul, directly called out Ron Paul and made (positive) comparisons between himself and the doctor. McCaul was in fact appealing to Ron Paul supporters. It was great hearing neocons FINALLY acknowledge our presence!!

Rick Perry also appeared, and he wasn't very well-received.

LibertyIn08
03-29-2008, 11:51 PM
Congratulations, and thanks for doing so well. :)

sophomore
03-29-2008, 11:56 PM
Thank you Dustancostine. Thank you.

TruthAtLast
03-30-2008, 12:08 AM
man, this makes me want to move to Texas. Well done

A Ron Paul Rebel
03-30-2008, 12:15 AM
Hmmmmmmmmm, just thinking...

You might want to watch those 2 congressmen closely.
They're probably aware of what is going on and have
organized an effort to make it to the conventions to:

a) gain RP supporters by saying they support RP issues
(or make comparisons) when in actuallity they are neocon
thru-and-thru.
b) befriend RP supports only to intentionally mislead
c) make a RP comparison OR a RP harrassing comment so
that the 'old GOP' can look at the cheers and say, 'Yep there's
a Paul supporter... and there... and there!!!

Or it could be that they are truly coming around to truth,
honesty and justice!:eek:

Hunter

p.s. A few of those peeps are smart sometimes. Let's not
get lulled to sleep and taken advantage of.

goat farmer
03-31-2008, 01:48 PM
Great story, there are LOTS of similar ones... remember too, just because a certain resolution got shot down or whatever, SHOWING UP is THE key... lots of the party regulars are starting to make room for us and realizing we are the future. There will always be resistance and your specific resolution may get voted down.... but slowly and surely, if we stay the course, 25% Yeahs turns into 30% yeahs and so forth. People are listening and paying attention, they want new people and they need new people and they are hearing what we are saying.

A revolution does not happen at one convention, but I would say we have a SERIOUS jumpstart here.

Follow through!

Working Poor
03-31-2008, 01:59 PM
I thank all the people in Texas and all the other states for working so hard at the conventions. I am so proud of you .

squandertime
03-31-2008, 02:03 PM
the texas state convention is going to ROCK
!!

we have to get things organized for a ron paul - pro liberty rally in houston!!

at least a lunch in the park or SOMETHING!!!!

yeee haw!!!!!!!!

way to go!

~ rob
texas state delegate orange county

raystone
03-31-2008, 02:22 PM
Congratulations and thank you !! GO GO GO !!!!

Mayflower
03-31-2008, 03:19 PM
Hmmmmmmmmm, just thinking...

You might want to watch those 2 congressmen closely.
They're probably aware of what is going on and have
organized an effort to make it to the conventions to:

a) gain RP supporters by saying they support RP issues
(or make comparisons) when in actuallity they are neocon
thru-and-thru.
b) befriend RP supports only to intentionally mislead
c) make a RP comparison OR a RP harrassing comment so
that the 'old GOP' can look at the cheers and say, 'Yep there's
a Paul supporter... and there... and there!!!

Or it could be that they are truly coming around to truth,
honesty and justice!:eek:

Hunter

p.s. A few of those peeps are smart sometimes. Let's not
get lulled to sleep and taken advantage of.

Most of Congress has betrayed us and sold us out. Congressman McCaul is not one. He did a years investigation of the border and illegal immigration and gave a report entitled "A line in the sand". It exposed many things, but was not really publicized. McCaul is a patriot, one of the few left in Congress.I have tried to keep track of who is on our side.

TEXANS YOU ARE AWESOME.

Gadsden Flag
03-31-2008, 04:27 PM
I don't think everybody fits too well into just one mold or the other. Although we like to call people who aren't RP supporters neocons, we do have at least a few things in common with most of them.

All Seeing Eye
03-31-2008, 04:35 PM
Bump....go Texans...can I nmove in with you guys when we win?

Archie
03-31-2008, 04:39 PM
Thanks for that small tidbit , And Please keep the Good news Coming ...

spacebetween
03-31-2008, 04:39 PM
I don't think everybody fits too well into just one mold or the other. Although we like to call people who aren't RP supporters neocons, we do have at least a few things in common with most of them.

I agree. After reading more and more about the SD-14 convention which I attended, I'm starting to see we need to work with the other guys that we come into contact with. They're NOT all neocons!!!

torchbearer
03-31-2008, 04:42 PM
I agree. After reading more and more about the SD-14 convention which I attended, I'm starting to see we need to work with the other guys that we come into contact with. They're NOT all neocons!!!

You will find that most of the true neocons are those near the top with a few Tools in the lower positions that are working for the pirates.
A lot of the other people you meet are just party loyalist and are following the majority because of this herd mentality thing that makes them feel good to be in a majority regardless of what that majority is advocating.
These same people would be with us 100% if we were majority.

spacebetween
03-31-2008, 04:56 PM
You will find that most of the true neocons are those near the top with a few Tools in the lower positions that are working for the pirates.
A lot of the other people you meet are just party loyalist and are following the majority because of this herd mentality thing that makes them feel good to be in a majority regardless of what that majority is advocating.
These same people would be with us 100% if we were majority.

Yeah, I think you're exactly right.