PDA

View Full Version : so now that the Texas convention is over....

Akus
03-29-2008, 07:41 PM
jsut came back from Texas senatorial convention.

I feel like i was in the ring with Mike Tyson. I am emotinoally exhausted. We were outnumbered so we didn't motion any resolutions, but almost all of Ron Paul people, including even one guy who didn't even attend, became either delegates or alternatives.....

I would like to ask all people in Texas.... with such a success from my district and others around me, do you think Ron Paul's nomination likelyhood is greater or is still fairly long shot?

Brown Sapper
03-29-2008, 07:42 PM
I so ashamed of be a repulican right now. Were you in the SD7?

Akus
03-29-2008, 07:44 PM

what's your story? Were you run off by crazy people with pitchforks?:o

soapmistress
03-29-2008, 07:52 PM
Thank you - all of you - for everything you've done today. You are truly my heroes forever.

RPTXState
03-29-2008, 07:54 PM
Not in a good mood myself :mad:

Hays County, Texas sent about 4 Paul supporters out of 35. They (Nomination Comittee AKA 5 old McCain supporters) passed their delegates with little to no external input (just an older lady croning how "going to state convention is a special privlidge" and "state delegate slots are reserved for important and expereiced republicans only"). The resolutions I submitted where all shot down by the resolutions comittee before they reached the floor, and my appeal to the gerneral assembly near the end of the convention (just to have them voted upon) was shot down, because apprently going home (it was 4pm) is more important that oppsoing the SPP and NAU.

I hope my experence was the worst.

We had more # of poeple, but because each precinct voted at "full strenght", that meant that McCain supporters from, say Precinct 441, got 30 votes even thought they only had 4 poeple show up, becuase their precinct was "entitled" to 30 votes.

Shining light: a Ron Paul supporter is the incoming Party Chair (takes office April 28), and we did pass, to my surprise, a resolution to "return the power to coin money to the Congress"

Brown Sapper
03-29-2008, 07:55 PM
no they pass a resolution that allows of Judeo-Christrian students use of school facilties to conduct meeting. Well the Ron Paul Republicans there objected and try to amend the resolution to have any faith permission to use the facilities and it was shot down ending up in a debate that basically pitted Christians against all other sects and they we lost badly. As a American Hindu (I've always thought of myself as an American first)soldier that fights for our Constitution I'm am so ashamed right now. I feel so bad that I couldn't say anything. I have so much respect for all the Ron Paul Republicans right now that fought for my rights while I remained silent. I'm so sorry guys. It still hard for me to think right now.

Akus
03-29-2008, 07:56 PM
Not in a good mood myself :mad:

Hays County, Texas sent about 4 Paul supporters out of 35. They (Nomination Comittee AKA 5 old McCain supporters) passed their delegates with little to no external input (just an older lady croning how "going to state convention is a special privlidge" and "state delegate slots are reserved for important and expereiced republicans only"). The resolutions I submitted where all shot down by the resolutions comittee before they reached the floor, and my appeal to the gerneral assembly near the end of the convention (just to have them voted upon) was shot down, because apprently going home (it was 4pm) is more important that oppsoing the SPP and NAU.

I hope my experence was the worst.

We had more # of poeple, but because each precinct voted at "full strenght", that meant that McCain supporters from, say Precinct 441, got 30 votes even thought they only had 4 poeple show up, becuase their precinct was "entitled" to 30 votes
sux:(

oh well

I'm told Austin area is all RonPaul, so may be that can counter balance your neck of the woods.

DeadtoSin
03-29-2008, 07:57 PM
Guys, I'm a Christian. I apologize for their insensitivity. Just know they are as asleep as anyone else, so try to understand. America has been brought up to think like they are told. I'm hoping for a mass wake-up of Christians sometime soon. I'm praying for it.

Akus
03-29-2008, 07:58 PM
Guys, if you were outnumbered, you shouldn't have pushed any agenda, let alone the kind that I see you were pushing......

Not that it matters now that it's over....:(

We didn't push any propositions because we knew we weren't able to beat the other side. So we just went under radar and will make our first strikes in Houston.

TER
03-29-2008, 07:59 PM
Thank you everyone for your efforts! I am proud to call myself your fellow compatriots.

tajitj
03-29-2008, 07:59 PM
All of us state delegates need to make our own "grand statment" at the convention. All come together and make some real trouble. Take the party back from the people who have let this country become what it is. I cant fucking wait. Sorry for the language.

This talk should not cease. All texas delegates need to be connected and make battle plans.

Brown Sapper
03-29-2008, 08:03 PM
I have never felt this bad in my whole life. I have been supporting the Party for so long and for them to pass that resolution as is was a slap in the face for what I did for this country. I have put my life on the line so many times for this country and to have them overwelming deny my right to religon has got me thinking if the last five years were all for supporting this bullshit neocon agendas.

DeadtoSin
03-29-2008, 08:07 PM
Brown, even though we disagree on our beliefs, I just wanted to say I'm proud to be standing up for America alongside you. I'll be praying for my brothers and sisters, that they'd wake up. They need to be reaching out, not pushing away.

soapmistress
03-29-2008, 08:09 PM
Already bits are popping up at Google news.

Brown Sapper
03-29-2008, 08:16 PM
Thanks Akus and Dead I know most Christians are goodhearted, most of my best army buddies and friends are devout Christians and I know they would have never done something like what those people did today. I just feel bad cause I always had a pre-conceived notion that there was noone had any ill will towards me because of my religous beliefs(fuck Im a Hindu the creators of civil disobiediance) . Anywho Im pissed and its Saturday night=me getting drunk.

hillertexas
03-29-2008, 08:19 PM
no they pass a resolution that allows of Judeo-Christrian students use of school facilties to conduct meeting. Well the Ron Paul Republicans there objected and try to amend the resolution to have any faith permission to use the facilities and it was shot down ending up in a debate that basically pitted Christians against all other sects and they we lost badly. As a American Hindu (I've always thought of myself as an American first)soldier that fights for our Constitution I'm am so ashamed right now. I feel so bad that I couldn't say anything. I have so much respect for all the Ron Paul Republicans right now that fought for my rights while I remained silent. I'm so sorry guys. It still hard for me to think right now.

Hey S,

My husband wanted me to tell you that we could have changed all of their minds...if we could have had more than 3 minutes to argue. :)

Don't feel down...you played your part PERFECTLY. Remember...you swiftboated the biggest asshole in the entire room :) Bravo, my friend.

We will be far better prepared for State. I know it was an emotional moment for us too, when all of a sudden, almost the entire room turned from Republicans into bigots.

We still have a lot of work ahead of us. But we will prevail.

hillertexas
03-29-2008, 08:20 PM
Thanks Akus and Dead I know most Christians are goodhearted, most of my best army buddies and friends are devout Christians and I know they would have never done something like what those people did today. I just feel bad cause I always had a pre-conceived notion that there was noone had any ill will towards me because of my religous beliefs(fuck Im a Hindu the creators of civil disobiediance) . Anywho Im pissed and its Saturday night=me getting drunk.

I'll have a drink with ya. Bottoms up!

DeadtoSin
03-29-2008, 08:24 PM
I am more inspired than ever! We have a long arduous battle ahead, but I'm on board guys!

Akus
03-29-2008, 08:24 PM

You had a notion that some one who is not a foot ball watching dually driving redneck who listens to country music and gets a raging erection every time someone says George Double You Bush would be welcome into the very insides of the GOP?

BWahahahahaaaaa:rolleyes:

Brown Sapper, I hope you were nominated to a state convention. If that's done, the failure of the resolutions isn't so bad.:o
oh, just read your other post. sorry d00d

yaz
03-29-2008, 08:38 PM
We got a lot of decent resolutions passed in Smith county. I'm a delegate alternate #13 so I might get to vote. We have 54 delegates and 54 alternates. We used to have 77 but Rick Perry cut our number down by executive order. We have a few Ron Paul delegates going and a couple of Ron Paul alternates going. I learned a lot, this being my first time to go to once since I'm 19.

Akus
03-29-2008, 08:41 PM
We got a lot of decent resolutions passed in Smith county. I'm a delegate alternate #13 so I might get to vote. We have 54 delegates and 54 alternates. We used to have 77 but Rick Perry cut our number down by executive order. We have a few Ron Paul delegates going and a couple of Ron Paul alternates going. I learned a lot, this being my first time to go to once since I'm 19.

good for you.... we will hopefully all be seen at those conventions in 2010. We will not be as green and as easy to manipulate then now that we know how the system works.

Ready2Revolt
03-29-2008, 08:55 PM
I am Brown Sappers twin brother. While my twin was not nominated to go to state because he needs to go to National Guard duty that weekend, we did manage to slap down down one of the biggest neocons in the room. He has been a republican since he was 13 and was the youngest person to ever attend a Party convention in 2004 and furthermore the sergeant at arm of SD 7. It goes without saying he was slightly upset.

As for the last issue about the Judeo Christians let me say that I am absolutely INFURIATED! They started the convention making statements about how we really need to turn out the votes in order to keep our Republican leaders in office since the Democrats are now targetting Houston as they did in 2006 with Dallas. Then they go and alienate the ENTIRE asian community which in my expirience is mostly conservative.

I have NEVER played the race and religion card and would turn the other cheek when confronted by racism. But I did not expect for MY Representative that I pay to represent me to be so blantantly racist towards me. It wasn't even close, the only people there who were on our side were the Ron Paul people which I cannot thank enough.

As much as I would like to not attend to the Republican party as I see it in a way that I would be endorsing their veiws, I will to support the other RP delagates to go to the national level. The sole reason why is because I can now truely relate to how Ron Paul must have felt all those decades that he sat in congress to protect my rights despite him being criticized for his veiws. If I must bite my tongue for three more days to help with Ron Pauls Legacy, I will do it with a smile!

Cowlesy
03-29-2008, 08:57 PM
3 words.

No Fucking Surrender.

3 more.

God Bless America.

TastyWheat
03-29-2008, 11:41 PM
Guys, if you were outnumbered, you shouldn't have pushed any agenda, let alone the kind that I see you were pushing......
Second. Unless you feel you have the majority then only shoot for a non-threatening agenda. We were able to strike the resolution supporting John McCain as our nominee but we lost the resolution on the Fed.

NBTxn4RP
03-29-2008, 11:45 PM
but we lost the resolution on the Fed.

...which we passed. So, it will still be voted on at the state convention...

MikeStanart
03-30-2008, 02:06 AM

I wasn't able to go due to car problems (A commute from College Station).6

I REALLYYY wanted to be there.

However, I was still able to become an Alternate Delegate to State.

I knew SD-7 would be like that. Houston is Neo-con central. It's a large population full of sheep. Overall though, Texas made a serious dent in the Neo-con structure.

nc4rp
03-30-2008, 09:39 AM
way to go texas!

GET MORE AND MORE DELEGATES (yes im a delegate too in NC!!)