PDA

View Full Version : 22 Congressman against SPP in letter, no Paul sig

acstichter
08-19-2007, 07:59 PM
http://wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=57203

Congress tells Bush: Back off SPP agenda
Lawmakers' letter warns 'stealth' effort to 'harmonize' could undermine security...

I'd like to have seen Ron Paul sign this. Hunter and Tancredo signed it.

fedup100
08-19-2007, 08:30 PM
The shape this country is in and Paul's silence and lack of passion and stance on these major issues is very disappointing at best. You want media attention....stand up and take a freakin stand.

We have warrantless wiretapping, the NAU, theSPP, the invasion, the economy crashing to its knee's, and the threat of Marshal law by mad men at the helm......and not a peep!!

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-19-2007, 08:38 PM
Perhaps it wasn't offered to Dr Paul to sign. Who knows what happened?

ctb619
08-19-2007, 08:39 PM
The shape this country is in and Paul's silence and lack of passion and stance on these major issues is very disappointing at best. You want media attention....stand up and take a freakin stand.

We have warrantless wiretapping, the NAU, theSPP, the invasion, the economy crashing to its knee's, and the threat of Marshal law by mad men at the helm......and not a peep!!

Ron Paul doesn't need to be told to take a stand for what is right, he has been the lone voice crying in the wilderness about many of these issues for decades. I'm sure he had a good reason for not signing this.

dseisner
08-19-2007, 08:51 PM
I don't know why Paul isn't on this. It seems like it would be something he'd support. But I'm sure he's got a good reason.

THIS BOTHERED ME:

"While a vision is appealing working on the infrastructure might yield more benefit and bring more people on board ("evolution by stealth")"

Basically what they're saying is, we're going to do it without them noticing and then by the time it's done, people will just say OKAY. This is EXACTLY what they're doing with the Nafta Superhighway. Their making these "stealth" moves so it will actually be completed behind the American public's backs. I'm glad some members of congress had the balls to write this, although I think more should be on it, including Paul. I also don't understand why Duncan Hunter is on it. Maybe I don't know his politics well enough...

LibertyEagle
08-19-2007, 08:56 PM
Yeah, I wonder why he didn't sign it? Like someone else said, I'm sure there is a good reason. He has spoken out against the SPP/NAU many times.

Kregener
08-19-2007, 09:02 PM
Signatories to the letter included the following members of the House of Representatives:

I spent some time looking for a copy of this letter, to no avail. Are these ALL the signatories? Were there more?

WND is not always as upfront as they should be with ANY person who plans to cut off free American taxpayer-extorted money to Israel.

That would be Ron Paul.

You can bet that 90% of those listed as signers will continue the money-train...

Sean
08-19-2007, 09:04 PM
Ron Paul is on the campaign trail right now. He is going to miss out on some of the stuff that is going on in DC including signing letters and voting on some bills. You know he is against it so don't worry about it.

0zzy
08-19-2007, 09:15 PM
Ron Paul is on the campaign trail right now. He is going to miss out on some of the stuff that is going on in DC including signing letters and voting on some bills. You know he is against it so don't worry about it.

Ya, he's in New Hampshire people ;).

mesler
08-19-2007, 09:30 PM
Has Hunter mentioned the NAU on national TV? Paul has, on multiple occasions.

ctb619
08-19-2007, 09:31 PM
Has Hunter mentioned the NAU on national TV? Paul has, on multiple occasions.

excellent point

mconder
08-19-2007, 09:44 PM
This weak posturing by Congress will not amount to anything. Bush has his orders and short of impeachment in his last year in office, which is highly unlikely they could get the votes, there is nothing they can do to him...though they should.

mconder
08-19-2007, 09:47 PM
I don't know why Paul isn't on this. It seems like it would be something he'd support. But I'm sure he's got a good reason.

Could this be that good reason?...

"in the interest of transparency and accountability, we urge you to bring to the Congress whatever provisions have already been agreed upon and those now being pursued or contemplated as part of this initiative, for the purpose of obtaining authorization through the normal legislative process."

1000-points-of-fright
08-19-2007, 09:48 PM
The shape this country is in and Paul's silence and lack of passion and stance on these major issues is very disappointing at best.

Yes, he is worse than Hitler. You shouldn't support him anymore.

mesler
08-22-2007, 07:14 AM
Paul has cosponsored it.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=hc110-40

Click Co-sponsors.

paulitics
08-22-2007, 07:42 AM
Paul and Tancredo are the 2 most outspoken critics, although Paul doesn't mince his words. It appears that Hunter is on the same page as well. Its amazing that these 3 are the most shunned by the lamestream media. The SPP is real, and they clearly spell out their plan for a one border North American nation. What they do is draw out how they will accomplish this, basically open up the borders, and rewrite administrative law to integrate economically the 3 countries. Then they deny it, using doublespeak..."no, there is no crazy conspiracy here, no signed treaty, just a partnership between countries for better security and prosperity".
It becomes quite clear why our immigration policy and border enforcement is so lax. Just look at their actions, and department of homeland security and commerce dpt are two agencies overseeing it. Isn't it ironic Chertoff's stand is for less border enforcement and hardly any enforcement of laws against illegal aliens?. The primary job of homeland security is to do those two things and he is the roadblock against it.

LibertyEagle
08-22-2007, 08:23 AM
Robert Pastor, the little weasel that helped author the CFR plan, "Building a North American Community", always denies that the goal is to create a North American Union, when he is interviewed in the U.S. However, in his testimony before the House of Commons in 2002, he flat out admits it.

http://www.american.edu/ia/cnas/pdfs/PastorTestimonyCanada.pdf