PDA

View Full Version : Texas Conventions Today - Did Alex Jones Become A Delegate For Dr. Paul?

IPSecure
03-29-2008, 07:04 PM
Texas Conventions Today - Did Alex Jones Become A Delegate For Dr. Paul?

Just Wondering, did anyone see Alex in Austin?

SWATH
03-29-2008, 07:17 PM
Doubt it, he is very down on the idea.

Brown Sapper
03-29-2008, 07:45 PM
I just came from my SDC and so far I know of 4 from SD7

Brown Sapper
03-29-2008, 07:45 PM
By the way my brother is a state delegate and I would of to but I wasted my slot to swiftboat a neocon.

torchbearer
03-29-2008, 08:23 PM
By the way my brother is a state delegate and I would of to but I wasted my slot to swiftboat a neocon.

Understandable. that's all that needs to be said.

Cowlesy
03-29-2008, 08:29 PM
I just hope he participated.

Luft97
03-29-2008, 08:50 PM
I would be interested to know if he even participated as well.

ronpaulbillboards
03-29-2008, 09:45 PM
I can tell you he wasn't there, I believe he is in my district SD-25 and from what I heard from SD-14 he wasn't there either.

soapmistress
03-29-2008, 09:52 PM
Hmmm. I find that very interesting. Hot air and no substance? Wouldn't it be an opportune moment to get his name and show some recognition? Do you think HQ didn't want him to?

Cowlesy
03-29-2008, 09:56 PM
Hmmm. I find that very interesting. Hot air and no substance? Wouldn't it be an opportune moment to get his name and show some recognition? Do you think HQ didn't want him to?

Who knows. Maybe he isn't a registered Republican.

Over the course of the last year, I've gone from thinking he's a total nut, to a 9-11 nut, to someone who believes whacked-out conspiracies...to someone who just doesn't trust the gov't, asks a lot of questions, but does care about the direction of our nation.

I've gone from rolling my eyes at him, to really appreciating what he's doing even if I don't agree with a lot of his tactics.

We need to be accepting of everyone, and frankly, I think he's one you'd want on your side if we ever had serious trouble here.

ronpaulbillboards
03-29-2008, 10:05 PM
Lately he has been very negative toward those of us who chose to not quit and continue to fight for delegate spots. We understand that RP has a blue moon shot to win. But it's also about selecting resolutions to be drafted and voted on the ballot in November which is a huge thing. All our resolutions fall under RP's platform so essentially it is another way to get your issues on the ballot if you can't get your candidate. We also learn the inner workings of this system and have the history and experience of being a delegate and being apart of the process for future elections. Our RP committee will be in power for the next 2 years.

Anti Federalist
03-29-2008, 10:08 PM

Over the course of the last year, I've gone from thinking he's a total nut, to a 9-11 nut, to someone who believes whacked-out conspiracies...to someone who just doesn't trust the gov't, asks a lot of questions, but does care about the direction of our nation.

I've gone from rolling my eyes at him, to really appreciating what he's doing even if I don't agree with a lot of his tactics.

We need to be accepting of everyone, and frankly, I think he's one you'd want on your side if we ever had serious trouble here.

He doesn't care for the idea playing out right now.

I'll try to find the date and time in the archives that he talked about it.

His take is that, if successful, the MSM will tear us up at the national convention.

He is in favor of becoming delgates to change the platform however.

In light of what's happening tonight in Texas, I'll say I disagree.

NO FUCKING SURRENDER!

Hook
03-29-2008, 10:11 PM
He is probably smart enough to know that his association with the delegates would cause Dr. Paul all kinds of controversy with the media.

soapmistress
03-29-2008, 10:12 PM
I just thought it was surprising, given how vocal he is :) But on the other hand, I am sure it was something he thought about and probably has a reason.

ronpaulbillboards
03-29-2008, 10:15 PM
He is probably smart enough to know that his association with the delegates would cause Dr. Paul all kinds of controversy with the media.
Yeah if he was there I have no clue what would have happened. It was already a fireworks show. There were plenty of articulate speakers who spoke for the RP platform. And that was good because every rebuttal, I would want to get up and say something but someone else would. I was in awe of the whole thing and the fact I was chosen to go to state.

Andrew-Austin
03-29-2008, 10:15 PM

Bingo, seems obvious enough.

Luft97
03-29-2008, 10:48 PM

You do not have to be a "Registered Republican" in Texas if he even VOTED in the primary for Ron he could go. In Texas if you are registered to vote you can go to whichever primary you can choose either one Democrat or Republican and vote in that primary. Then your card is stamped with either Republican or Democrat and you can go to that convention.

All of you who went to the convention are 100 times the patriot that AJ could ever be.